• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U marketing materials starting to arrive at retail stores v2.0 (Read the OP)

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
For me WiiU is the WiiUbisoft console.....

Getting a black console with Rayman, ZombiU and probably AC3 if its the best version...

I'm on the fence for the nintendo games (firs time I have ever said that for a Nintendo console launch) though Nintendoland and NSMB WiiU interest me somewhat.

Looking to put some money down on tuesday at gamestop for the console

Mlatador

Banned
If I had a job and enough money to buy the console and games, I'd be looking at NSMBU, P-100, Pikmin 3, Darksiders 2. Just got Batman in the recent Steam Sale, so not interested in that, would definitely get BlOps 2 if it has pointer aiming (quite likely), won't get ZombiU because it doesn't have pointer aiming (although if Ubisoft had included it, it'd be on my list). Would get FIFA if it has the key features of the other console versions, aka player editors, proper manager mode, etc. Maybe Rayman too, although I didn't particularly love what I played of the last one.

Yepp, same here. If Blops 2 supports pointer aiming (just like the most FPS on Wii), I'd get that as well.

What stupidity? He doesn't think the system will come out this year, so what? There is nothing saying that it is absolutely coming out this year, and Nintendo hasn't even set an official date.

Gee, except maybe Nintendo themselves stating repeatedly it's coming out this year and never hinting at anything close to Dec-March? Come on.

Haliela

It will be out this year. There is no way Nintendo will launch early only to miss the holiday season prior to the 720 and PS4.

AzaK

It will be out this year. There is no way Nintendo will launch early only to miss the holiday season prior to the 720 and PS4.

Exactly. They won't fucking miss holidays especially in Japan and the US. They'll royally arse ream Europe and the Pacific if they have to to get it out.

Type_Raver

Just saw it earlier today at EB Games (AUS), a wall of Wii U promotional and pre-order info and material. Co-incidentally, ive put my pre-order for a black console, especially after the latest news of possible manufacturing difficulties.

Had to be sure to get mine on day one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just saw it earlier today at EB Games (AUS), a wall of Wii U promotional and pre-order info and material. Co-incidentally, ive put my pre-order for a black console, especially after the latest news of possible manufacturing difficulties.

I hope EB's "estimated price" is off by at least $100. $598 is just $50 less than the launch price of the 20GB/"Upgrade" X360 SKU.

ASIS

The Wii U has, by far, the weirdest console launch I have ever seen, and I'm not talking about info at all. It's just that sometimes I look at the console with utter disappointment, sometimes I'm completely numb to the hype, and right I'm actually a bit excited at the idea of a new generation starting.

One thing I know for sure is my need for P-100 and Pikmin 3. Those will be my titles of choice no doubt.

m.i.s.

Banned
He doesn't think the system will come out this year, so what? There is nothing saying that it is absolutely coming out this year, and Nintendo hasn't even set an official date.

Agree with your sentiments. It's not like Nintendo doesn't have a long history of not delaying consoles (including 3DS in Japan). Could be a variety of factors at play, from Nintendo wishing to ameliorate manufacturing costs over time to requiring just a little bit more time to polish and QA launch titles. Although employee cites December (end of calendar year) to March (end of fiscal year), Nintendo will do everything in their power to meet launch in time for the key Xmas period, I would never entirely discount a theoretical delay.

Haliela

Lucky. Can't preorder yet in the US.

soultron

Banned
I really have nothing to add here except for proclaiming how awesome the watermarks on those images are.

Those watermarks on those images? Awesome.

There. I'm done.

Nintendo Land is 100% not going to be a pack in. They've set the precedent with the 3DS in terms of how they'll do pack in software - smaller, built in applications like the AR and Street Pass games. The Wii U will have a few similar things.

Kiryu

Nintendo Land is 100% not going to be a pack in. They've set the precedent with the 3DS in terms of how they'll do pack in software - smaller, built in applications like the AR and Street Pass games. The Wii U will have a few similar things.
In Wii Launch, We didn't have much of pack in software beside Pack-in Mii Sport, General Apps, WiiWare.

What I expect from Wii U launch is... 50% possibly of Pack-in NintendoLand (OR Mii U Sports), General Apps, Wii U eShop with Free Game (Like Excitebike on 3DS in first day of eShop launch)

Glass Joe

Except Nintendo pretty much admitted they couldn't get people excited about the built-in 3DS software, and the 3DS started off by selling under expectations until a massive price cut. I would not say that the 3DS set a precedent Nintendo wants to follow.

They might decide that Wii + pack in = hotcakes, and 3DS + No pack in = bad... Therefore Wii U + Nintendoland = hotcakes.

cajunator

Banned
I have to work tonight, but I'm off starting Tuesday morning so I'm gonna stop in and see whats up with this. I'm pretty cautious about console launches these days but I fucking want this thing.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Except Nintendo pretty much admitted they couldn't get people excited about the built-in 3DS software, and the 3DS started off by selling under expectations until a massive price cut. I would not say that the 3DS set a precedent Nintendo wants to follow.

They might decide that Wii + pack in = hotcakes, and 3DS + No pack in = bad... Therefore Wii U + Nintendoland = hotcakes.

agreed, but I guess sales were bad because of price, not because there was no packed-in game...plus, NintendoLand looks like a much meatier game than Wii Sports, another reason why they could decide to go for retail

I could be wrong though

Meelow

Banned
Much more marketing came for Wii U, got it from the site you go on for Nintendo news...Where getting closer :D.

5c8e9791.jpg

a292cebd.jpg

09520503.jpg

85e2785a.jpg

Zing

Banned
In Wii Launch, We didn't have much of pack in software beside Pack-in Mii Sport, General Apps, WiiWare.

I assume you mean Wii Sports, and saying that isn't "much of a pack-in" is like saying Super Mario World wasn't much of a pack-in. Wii Sports alone rationalized the purchase price of the Wii.

Myriadis

On that picture with that specs, I see under "Video Output" the name "Wii-D Terminal". Does anybody know what this is? Sounds like 3D, could it be that it has 3D-functionality?

Pharros

On that picture with that specs, I see under "Video Output" the name "Wii-D Terminal". Does anybody know what this is? Sounds like 3D, could it be that it has 3D-functionality?

Appealing to the stoner demographic, it's where you hide your Wiid. Nintendo going hardcore.

Kilrathi

Going to be picking one up on launch mainly from what I played at E3.
Day 1 pick up
Rayman Legends

everything else is still up in the air for me

Rich!

D terminal is the Japanese equivalent of Component/vga. Been around for decades.

Won't be on the UK/USA consoles as the majority of our tvs do not have a d terminal port.

antispin

Sorry if this is OT but I thought it would be better if I post this here rather than resurrect that Atlanta Wii U experience thread. I just got an invite for the Seattle experience thingy and seeing as I am not in the US, thought I'd share the code for a Seattle GAFfer (Sept 6-9th). This code will let you invite three others so please share the love. Quote this post to reveal the code. The two quotes below outline the registration process. Enjoy and do share the invite if you can!

To register, please visit WiiUExperience.com and enter the code below to reserve your spot. You will have to quote to reveal the code.

After completing the registration page, you will receive an email confirmation with invitations to share with three of your friends. Space is extremely limited and attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please RSVP by September 2nd.

I was going to hold out on this console but now that I'm seeing these pics I'm ready lol

NSMB WiiU, Pikmin 3, ZombiU

will be mine

hyped!

I really hope they release some sort of information soon on the cost/release date. I'm starting to budget out my Fall and Winter purchases and there are a ton of games that I want. Some of them are even potential Wii U multiplatform releases like Assassin's Creed 3. I might hold off on getting that for my 360 if it will come out on the Wii U a couple weeks later. All these games are having special pre-order only exclusives that I don't want to miss out on because I was waiting for Wii U info. Also, depending on the price, I'd forego a game like PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale if it meant that I could buy Rayman Legends or ZombieU instead.

Bit-Bit

So any predictions as to the release date? Let's start predicting before Nintendo announces it soon.

I say November 20th.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So any predictions as to the release date? Let's start predicting before Nintendo announces it soon.

I say November 20th.

November 18th. Nintendo always releases on Sunday.

My hope and dream is that it comes out October 28th so they can have some multiplatform games released simultaneously with the other platforms. Realistically, though, I'm guessing either November 11th or 18th.

VerTiGo

Banned
So far I'm gonna def pick up assassins creed 3, ninja gaiden 3, batman, mass effect 3, rayman legends and pikmin 3 (if it's launch). Tekken tag 2 will also be purchased.

Speaking of Tekken and fighting games ... Any arcade sticks announced yet? It's my genre of choice so it's a must.

I'll probably try to get one at launch depending on the price, and depending on if it can play all the Wii games. That way I have a shiny new console to play all the Wii games I never got to, and the new games.

Top Bottom