• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U marketing materials starting to arrive at retail stores v2.0 (Read the OP)

If NintendoLand is not a full pack in like it seems now that materials are floating about, then I think there will be some demo disc available with at least 2 of the areas on it and myabe even a couple levels of NSMBU.

That, or a small suite of OS level stuff like the 3DS that they will suddenly announce in a Nintendo direct out of no where a month before launch.

MDX

a4da10e18718a87b86ec3090c30bbe8b.jpg

From Best Buy

AGITΩ

it's almost September, when to pre orders start for this thing?

September. In my latest employee news from Best Buy they said that "Although the WiiU cannot be ordered industry wide until September".
I'm guessing Nintendo will have either a late august/early september Wii U blowout conference as much has been speculated.

Haliela

There is a GameStop management meeting scheduled on the 28th I believe? It's expected that preorders will start right around then (info from a GameStop employee).

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
All signs point to a Nintendo Direct next week (that might briefly cover some Wii-U related news), then a Fall conference dedicated to WiiU in September. Expecting an event before the 3DSXL launch was rather silly, and that's why I knew the 'GameStop August 13th Pre-Order Wii-U' rumor was complete bullshit.

All signs point to a Nintendo Direct next week (that might briefly cover some Wii-U related news), then a Fall conference dedicated to WiiU in September. Expecting an event before the 3DSXL launch was rather silly, and that's why I knew the 'GameStop August 13th Pre-Order Wii-U' rumor was complete bullshit.
next week as in sunday tomorrow week?

backlot

A Nintendo Direct next week and another one in September? You think they'll do two so close together?

Skiesofwonder

next week as in sunday tomorrow week?

Next week, as in next Tuesday or Wednesday. I believe the last three Nintendo Directs (outside of the E3-specific one) have taken place on the 21st-22nd.

A Nintendo Direct next week and another one in September? You think they'll do two so close together?

No, a Nintendo Direct and then a Fall conference (similar to the launch conference they did with the Wii and 3DS). Iwata has even alluded to a Fall WiiU conference in Nintendo's latest investor meeting.

And yes I do.

Edit: awesome Kyle Hyde avatar, btw.

big_erk

I hope so. The silence is deafening.

Forkball

We still don't have a date and price yet? It's August already. Nintendo is trying to pull an Apple with these release dates.

Skiesofwonder

AGITΩ;41152415 said:
Besides Pre E3, havent Nintendo Directs been the 20somethingth of the given month? So it would make sense.

Yeah, the last three have been 21st-22nd.

Sadist

Wait, how sure are you about the Nintendo Direct?
Speculation mostly, but at this point it seems pretty likely. Nintendo Direct seems to be a bi-monthly thing.

- 10-21-11 (First Nintendo Direct, JPN only)
- 12-27-11
- 02-22-12 (First US Direct hosted by Reggie, EU gets a translated version of Japan Direct)
- 04-21-12 (First EU Direct hosted by Shibata)
- 06-03-12 (E3 special about Wii U's Miiverse, Pro Controller and more.)
- 06-22-12

So, if we'd follow the pattern... Nintendo should have a new Direct ready for next week; Tuesday or Wednesday.

jmizzal

We still don't have a date and price yet? It's August already. Nintendo is trying to pull an Apple with these release dates.

Nope, Nintendo did the same thing with Wii and it went on to sell 90 mil, they didnt allow price and date until Sept.

Chojin

There is a GameStop management meeting scheduled on the 28th I believe? It's expected that preorders will start right around then (info from a GameStop employee).

That's a yearly store manager's conference. My friend is pissed because its not in Vegas anymore. I think its like in Branson or some lame crap like that. Though I do believe that's when the marketing strategy will be revealed to the managers. I do know that the managers will be hands on demoing the Wii U there though.

Like other people said, we'll probably get a Nintendo Direct before the month is out and then start Pre-Orders in September.

Top Bottom