• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Menu Music

Someone uploaded the background music you hear on the Wii U OS and applications. You can download the tracks from zeldapower.com:

Boot Up
New Account
Account Select
Home
Mii Maker (Part 1)
Mii Maker (Part 2)
Settings
Activity Log
Parental Controls
Notifications

Not sure if it's thread worthy but I love stuff like this, and I figured some people may enjoy listening to this as well. It's pretty relaxing.

Edit: I'm adding some Wii OS music for comparison.

Menu
Mii Channel
Weather Channel
Wii Shop Channel
Photo Channel - Message Board
Photo Channel Slideshow (Bright)
Photo Channel Slideshow (Calm)
Photo Channel Slideshow (Fun)
Everybody Votes Channel
News Channel Slideshow (Night Time)

FatCat

One of the first things I noticed in recent videos was the music, really nice and digging the low-key tone.

The new home music is a hell of a lot better than the clattering of various sound effects on the wii, that stuff got really grating.

Oh the activity log has made the jump from the 3DS, nice to know.

Well, at least you put them all in one thread. The way things are going around here lately, I was expecting an individual thread for each menu.

Croc

Banned
I love the approach Nintendo has taken with the system music lately (Wii/3DS/Can't remember DS' music). I really love it.

Nintendo's focus to make some cool menu music is nice. Does the home menu music sound like it could easily be in Pikmin?

In fact a good amount of these sound like they could be Pikmin music.

corn_fest

I'm getting an outer space - type vibe. An interesting departure from the more typical elevator style music in the past, but it sounds alright for menu music.

AlexBasch

The boot up takes seven seconds? That's just awful. I'm cancelling my pre-order right now. No one can defend that shit, it's just awful.

Why does the music reminds me of Dreamcast a little bit?

Mii Maker is awesome! Not sure about the Home music, however... perhaps it'll grow on me, but for now I can only imagine it as a distraction.

The ticking hi-hat in the background gives a nice feeling of progression, though - like the Miiverse is always running, y'know?

You sound like Mass Effect.

:lol

Shinta

Banned
Someone uploaded the background music you hear on the Wii U OS and applications. You can download the tracks from zeldapower.com:

Boot Up
New Account
Account Select
Home
Mii Maker (Part 1)
Mii Maker (Part 2)
Settings
Activity Log
Parental Controls
Notifications

Not sure if it's thread worthy but I love stuff like this, and I figured some people may enjoy listening to this as well. It's pretty relaxing.

Thanks for posting these. I love stuff like this. Reminds me of the old PlayOnline music.

Mariolee

Listening to the Wii U Mii Maker music, and it's like a blend of the Wii Shop music with hints of the Great Fairy Fountain music from Ocarina of Time. The fuck? This is amazing.

Crazyorloco

It's great. Nintendo always makes some good music to listen to while browsing or making something.

*edit* Ok...I've been listening to this so much, that I might look for a place to download this. That Mii Maker music.

I even like the parental controls music...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The Mii Maker music seems too much a Zelda music, wow :O

Drago

The eShop music better be upbeat like the Wii/DSi shops, instead of the slow, elevator-like music of the 3DS one. >:[

I really like a lot of this music. So soothing...

Iacobellis

The second Mii Maker song strangely makes me think of Sonic the Hedgehog. It gives you that feeling that you are up in space.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
7 second boot up music? Seems like Wii u takes forever to boot up confirmed.

Really though, why does it feel so long?

thefro

I'm checking to see if the Menu music is the Famicom Disk System startup theme slowed down like with the GC

edit: it's not :(

Top Bottom