• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U: new firmware update released (5.3.2)

jimi_dini

Stability for everyone

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/support/system_update/

5.3.2Jへの更新による主な変更点

システムの安定性や利便性の向上
- より快適にお楽しみいただけるよう、システムの安定性や利便性を向上しました。

Increased stability and convenience of the system

Remove stability and lock, if old

ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

TheMoon

Should be that mysterious error code fix that is flying around, corrupting random game data.

Right?

MarkusRJR

Should be that mysterious error code fix that is flying around, corrupting random game data.

Right?
Hopefully. I'm avoiding Smash till that's totally sorted out. I still remember my Wii bricking over an update or something and how much of a hassle it was to get a replacement.

Hopefully. I'm avoiding Smash till that's totally sorted out. I still remember my Wii bricking over an update or something and how much of a hassle it was to get a replacement.

Smash isn't the culprit so you might run into the error if you play anything on your Wii U.

GWX

I hate that the Wii U menu lags while it's loading the Wara Wara Plaza... It can even stop responding for a couple of seconds, really jarring. Nintendo should fix it.

TwistedN

I hate that the Wii U menu lags while it's loading the Wara Wara Plaza... It can even stop responding for a couple of seconds, really jarring. Nintendo should fix it.

Yeah for some reason the framerate just tanks when moving pages for me.

Hasney

Convenience? I was just sitting here thinking I would love to play some Smash U. Is it convenient enough to show up here for me right now?

Right?

I highly doubt it because it's a problem that has existed since the system first came out. People have been having that issue with a lot of different games for a long time now, it can't be something that Nintendo didn't know about until just now.

It's likely a factory defect anyway.

It's might be a patch that fixes the 160-0103 error, because it is a firmware bug.

It might be a patch that is told to fix the 160-0103 error, but actually does nothing, as the 160-0103 error is a factory defect.

I know where my money is.

Wait, WHAT? Now I'm worried.Why is it happening? :/
Many people reported it happening for years with pretty much any game. I'm not sure why it's getting reported so much as of lately, maybe the last firmware update made it worse, but it's not Smash's fault.

Nintendo aknowledged it as a general Wii U problem on a Miiverse post, they're "investigating the issue".

Someone on Smashboards with the error says he gets a new error after the update.

Maybe it prevents the error for other users but can't fix it for people who already experienced it?

The error code he now gets is 160-0105 and this code is also nothing new, it's an external hard drive error, without any further information, I would suspect it's somebody using a thumb drive on the Wii U, which is a clear no go according to Nintendo.

EDIT: Beaten on the error code explanation

Top Bottom