• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U price in Brazil

Chakan

If you think you're paying too much, try buying it here.

Basic Set = R$ 2.199,00 or 10 monthly payments of R$ 219,90. That's about US$ 1.048,00 or 10x US$ 104,80.

eQwiw.jpg

6sN3S.jpg

jbueno

Much worse than Mexico, but not really a surprise. I wonder how much it costs to build a decent PC over there.

Holy fuck. I don't understand global economies. Shit is stupid expensive. I know why Australias is expensive.. but damn at South America's.

Lkr

so no brazilian kids will yell at you if you play wii u online games? i think the guys in the league thread would be thrilled if it got ported over

Roto13

True story: My husband once said that moving to Brazil would be an option for us but I said "No way I'm moving anywhere that games cost a zillion dollars."

Isn't Brazil the place where the Master System and Genesis/Mega Drive are still really damn popular?

Because, y'know, as outdated as that is, I somehow find it awesome.

Guri

Much worse than Mexico, but not really a surprise. I wonder how much it costs to build a decent PC over there.

It's different. Pretty much only the GPU is way more expensive than it should be. The problem is really only with consoles. 72,8% of taxes.

GWX

Let's hope Paraguay have some good prices for it. I want to buy one next month, but this price is simply insane. Gaming in Brazil sucks, hard.

Ninman

Know that feel bro, the system was just released today officially in Mexico , $6500 basic and $7200 deluxe ( about $500 and $550 USD), still expensive.

New Super Mario Bros U= $85 USD :/

dummydecoy

Can you guys over there just not buy it? It's the best way to send a FUCK YOU to the guys who can do something about the price.

Chakan

Local Brazil manufacturers are still selling SEGA consoles and portables at insane (for today) prices, right?

They sell local versions from Master System and Genesis consoles with games included in the memory.

Genesis with 81 games - US$ 160.00
G5rF9.jpg

Master System with 132 games - about US$ 85.00
Ynm8N.jpg

However, they don't sell very well anymore. Currently the Xbox 360 is the best selling console here.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
It's terrible, but at the same time, we do NOT have an official MSRP for the Wii U in Brazil yet - in fact, its release date is still much in the air, with a very vague "first half of 2013" window. - so import stores (grey or otherwise) are pretty much free to charge whatever they feel like.

Worst thing is that there will be people paying that.

Hakai

This is a really expensive place, around the internet you can find the Deluxe Set for USD739 to USD 857.

It's still expensive, but a little bit more doable to Console Launches here.

But yeah...

cand

thank god my friend could find one for me when he was in boston. I'm with mine for a week. Sad part: brazilian's eshop isn't avaiable and the brazilian flag doesn't appear in the nano assault neo. Also, is really annoying having to change the system's country everytime I want to access US eshop and then having to change back to Brazil to get access to miiverse in my account. You can't access online services if your console and your NNID have different countries.

The Wii still costs over $600 here in Thailand last I checked. Haven't seen a Wii U in any shops yet.

I've always wondered, all the Wii-s and 3DS-s you see in markets and stuff in Thailand. Are they pirate, fake or just a plastic box without content? If you actually buy one, what do you get? Something pirate-y that can actually play wii-games, something that play tetris or nothing at all?

If it's for personal use and the total shipment worth under a certain (usually high) amount, it should be free. I don't know anything about Brazilian law though.

In Sweden you get a toll-fee for basically everything from outside the EU. Sweden actually has quite liberal import laws, something wich can't be said about Brazil. Countries with a protectionist economy genrally have tons of laws preventing import, even for personal use.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
In Sweden you get a toll-fee for basically everything from outside the EU. Sweden actually has quite liberal import laws, something wich can't be said about Brazil. Countries with a protectionist economy genrally have tons of laws preventing import, even for personal use.

Not to mention an extra tax if it comes via courier. Yeah, add an extra 18% - varying by state - to the product's value if it comes via DHL / FedEx or something like that.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so is steam's regional pricing/indie bundles/free to play like the fall of communism for nerds in brazil?

Top Bottom