• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Why do people keep mentioning BurntPork? Never paid particular attention to him, was he really funny or something?

Freaking classically bi-polar.

Hope this thread doesn't go 20000 posts without us actually learning anything aside from squares are square.
With GDC being closer we should glean something before the OT3 :)

Between GDC and leaks we'll get stuff before E3 easily.
Also, since when are squares squares?

HylianTom

Banned
This might be the best E3 yet! Nintendomination.

I wanna see a repeat of the Great Wii Stampede of E3 2006
(all while the hardcorier-than-thou gaming journalists are sneering on the sidelines)
. That's gonna be hard to top!

I can't wait for the Wii U. This next gen will be the first gen I won't own anything. I'm basically going to take a break from Sony, unless there is some super great sale. I'm going to get the Wii U and the next xbox to compliment my 3DS and PC.

Yeah, E3 2006 was so beautifully done.
Perfect pacing, just enough games to show off.
Great intro.
And then they topped it off with a Smash Brothers trailer.
It'll never be topped, but let's see if they come close.

Alrus

I wanna see a repeat of the Great Wii Stampede of E3 2006
(all while the hardcorier-than-thou gaming journalists are sneering on the sidelines)
. That's gonna be hard to top!

I don't think we'll see this happen again for a long time :(

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Well, this is depressing.....

This new thread just reminded me og Long ass Nintendo console draught coming followed by teasing orgasms of awesomeness at E3.... Then four months of agonizing waiting for launch date.

The only reason it's even bearable this Generation is because Nintendo has a fucking amazing handheld with tons of intriguing/awesome games coming out left and right.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
ae3iF.jpg

"No news everyone!"

Also, I'll make a better graphic for the thread tomorrow. The burning news gif had it's place, but it's time for a mega hype edition one now.

What are the odds this system gets a home run, must-buy title within the first six months of launch ? After buying a 3DS at launch, I'm wary of jumping in with Wii-U. It interests me, but this time, I think I need a better reason than shiny new hardware. A new F-Zero or Donkey Kong or something would get me on the early adopter bandwagon.

Too bad the company that so far has made the most announcements - Darkstalkers, Metro and other 2 unannounced games - for Wii U's upcoming line-up is THQ; in any case for the sake of videogames I strognly hope this recent rumour that deems them doomed eventually turns out to be wrong, by the way if this was to be true it would not be exactly a good start, backing the wrong horse.

Busty

Banned
Honestly, I didn't really enjoy the first so I'll pass.
Darksiders 2 on the Wii U, though.
Bring it on!

I hope whoever owns THQ when Darksiders 2 releases doesn't cheap out and just release the game in any state.

I also wonder if the WiiU aill be getting 'enhanced' versions of other Ps360 titles. If I were EA/Crytek releasing a bundle of Crysis 1&2 during the launch window would be easy money.

What are the odds this system gets a home run, must-buy title within the first six months of launch ? After buying a 3DS at launch, I'm wary of jumping in with Wii-U. It interests me, but this time, I think I need a better reason than shiny new hardware. A new F-Zero or Donkey Kong or something would get me on the early adopter bandwagon.

Pikmin 3 seems likely for launch.
And maybe even Retro's game being released pretty early.

Bert

Why? Why a new thread after 400 pages of absolutely nothing???

I'll be checking this thread hourly :/

FreeMufasa

Probably the best E3 campaign by any one company ever. From the conference to the show floor, it was unbeatable.

I still think their E3 2008 showing was not as bad as it was made out to be. Funny in the akward sense but they had some nice stuff and a decent third party showing.

I thought E3 2007 was worse where all they showed was Wii Fit and Mario Kart. It was so damn boring. They were saved because we all knew MP3, FE: RD, SMG and SSBB were releasing.

E3 2005 however has to be their worst showing by far. a 2 minute Twilight Princess trailer, a crappy DJ demoing Electroplankton and a Iwata holding the Wii saying backwards compatible. This was the same time Sony were showing mind blowing tech demos, had an amazing PS2 line-up and MS were showing amazing real games and prepping us for a release that year. I swore of Nintendo but they got me back when they showed the Wiimote lol.

I don't think they'll ever be able to do what they did at 06 but they might be able to match what Sony did at E3 05 and wow us with the games. A LOT of people are really anticipating what Nintendo games will look like with at least PS360 level graphics.

HylianTom

Banned
Nah. It was good, mind you; but nowhere as effective as E3 2006. Nintendo had the internet under their grip in 2006.

Absolutely. I've been listening to old gaming podcasts at work over the past few months, particularly podcasts from pre-launch and just after the launches of the three consoles. With the shitstorms, the speculation, the debating, the vague comments from developers, the explicit comments from developers, the pros and cons, and the reactions to all of these goings-on.. it was all so fascinating, and it seemed like an incredible time in videogaming history.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I still think their E3 2008 showing was not as bad as it was made out to be. Funny in the akward sense but they had some nice stuff and a decent third party showing.

E3 2008 might have been something for a casual gamer, but for a real gamer, E3 2008 shouldn't even be mentioned again ever.

It pretty much killed Cammie Dunaway's job at Nintendo.

I mean, Nintendo publicly apologized for E3 2008.

I thought E3 2007 was worse where all they showed was Wii Fit and Mario Kart. It was so damn boring. They were saved because we all knew MP3, FE: RD, SMG and SSBB were releasing.

E3 2005 however has to be their worst showing by far. a 2 minute Twilight Princess trailer, a crappy DJ demoing Electroplankton and a Iwata holding the Wii saying backwards compatible. This was the same time Sony were showing mind blowing tech demos, had an amazing PS2 line-up and MS were showing amazing real games and prepping us for a release that year. I swore of Nintendo but they got me back when they showed the Wiimote lol.

I don't think they'll ever be able to do what they did at 06 but they might be able to match what Sony did at E3 05 and wow us with the games. A LOT of people are really anticipating what Nintendo games will look like with at least PS360 level graphics.

I think they're being tight lipped for so long is really going to help their E3 showing as well. I mean, we haven't heard anything new about pretty much absolutely anything Nintendo related since last E3 save for some of those internet videos that showed a few trailers.

I think Nintendo are preparing to come to E3 with a lot of ammunition this year, and they better deliver. And when I say deliver I mean E3 2006 deliver. If they don't then it will really leave a lot of people wondering about their future.

Pikmin 3 seems likely for launch.
And maybe even Retro's game being released pretty early.

RETRO's game will see launch or window, guaranteed. According to reports, they got the dev kits very early on and have been working since.
Pikmin 3 was likely shifted from Wii to WiiU at the early stages of development, and has thus had a lot of time spent on it. Nintendo will have made an effort to vastly improve the graphics and controls for the Wii U.

So besides WiiU, what other consoles had a terrible debut?

I thought the Wii's was pretty terrible to be honest.

The box was pretty and the code-name was awesome, but that was all there was to be excited about. Although that was excused at the time because we weren't really expecting to see much about it that E3 if I remember correctly.

If its a summer release Retro and a big Nintendo title will be the holiday titles.

Maybe Pikmin at launch with a Wii _____ title with NSMB and Retro for November and December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom