• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Nibel, JPG supports a maximum image size of 65535x65535 px. So you've got a lot of room to work with. Those carts appear to be roughly 200 pixels wide, so a good 310 carts should be able to be fitted in such a wide image. To find enough participating NeoGAF members should be the trickier part. Or you could super size the avatars and have one in each cart.

Nibel

Rösti;35688673 said:
Well, Nibel, JPG supports a maximum image size of 65535x65535 px. So you've got a lot of room to work with. Those carts appear to be roughly 200 pixels wide, so a good 310 carts should be able to be fitted in such a wide image. To find enough participating NeoGAF members should be the trickier part. Or you could super size the avatars and have one in each cart.

Haha :D I would love to add you if you have no problem with that!

So I've kind of skipped the last couple of pages as they appear to be mostly about the "hype train". (room for Sir Winston?)

Has there been anything in the last couple of days to indicate we'll hear something out of GDC?

So I've kind of skipped the last couple of pages as they appear to be mostly about the "hype train". (room for Sir Winston?)

Has there been anything in the last couple of days to indicate we'll hear something out of GDC?

Nothing more than what we knew.
Crytek might have a behind closed doors Wii U demo.
Two Nintendo employees are giving small, non Wii U, speeches.
Nintendo has a booth.

Now it's becoming a hype train. The last week of May/first week of June around here is going to be absurd.

I agree. No one breaks servers like Forester's gifs. :p

Poor Photobucket...

Bullza2o

62097260.jpg

I'd like to get in the train please! I remembered it's almost time for GDC. When does Nintendo start its event/conference?

RedSwirl

I haven't seen many people speculate about what sports games will be like on the Wii-U. Golf and Tennis have pretty much been worked out on motion controls, but what about team sports games. Even if it turns out you can't have local multiplayer with more than one Wii-U controller, online could still make things interesting.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I haven't seen many people speculate about what sports games will be like on the Wii-U. Golf and Tennis have pretty much been worked out on motion controls, but what about team sports games. Even if it turns out you can't have local multiplayer with more than one Wii-U controller, online could still make things interesting.

Online battleship

Well, like with Football, the ability to make your own plays on the screen on the fly would be pretty awesome.
I think a lot of games will have top down views of the field as well.

Sega should totally put Football Manager on there. Being able to change formations on the fly with a swipe of the stylus on the Upad would be cool.

See, this thread is what the Debbie downers miss and shit on after events or months afterward. Its the journey there that is so fun and exciting. When anything is possible and just days away!

Anyway, I pre ordered my ticket online months ago. Who do I need to see to redeem it?

See, this thread is what the Debbie downers miss and shit on after events or months afterward. Its the journey there that is so fun and exciting. When anything is possible and just days away!

Anyway, I pre ordered my ticket online months ago. Who do I need to see to redeem it?

Seriously.
The hype is half the fun of the events.
Doesn't matter what actually happens, if getting there is so awesome.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to get in the train please! I remembered it's almost time for GDC. When does Nintendo start its event/conference?
Nintendo won't have a keynote this year nor is a press conference scheduled (at least nothing has appeared on Nintendo of America's press portal yet). They have two booths (one in the North Hall, one in the Career Pavillion) and two staff members are attending sessions:

Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land
Game Design
Koichi Hayashida (Nintendo)

Existential Crisis: Do We Really Need AI?
AI Summit
Speakers: David "Rez" Graham (Electronic Arts (Sims Division)), Daniel Kline (Maxis), Chris Jurney (Double Fine Productions), Kevin Dill (Lockheed Martin Global Training & Logistics) and Steve Rabin (Nintendo of America)

The actual expo starts 10:00am PST on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.gdconf.com/attend/hourslocation.html

Nibel

Guys: So many of you have shitty avatars. I will only take people on board who have avatars with acceptable resolution.. next one is going to be crazy

Risgroo

Yup, the recent Nintendo Direct is a great example. Even we didn't get the megatons, it was still damn fun seeing everyone go wild in the days leading up to the event.

BlackJace

Haha loving this. Someone should make a Destination Timeboard for where the Hype Train is going from now to E3.

If nobody wants to do it, I'm pretty decent at Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom