• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenaku

Ah, Harvest Moon...my 3DS copy seems to be stuck in customs. =[

Gummb said:
Me too! The developer has been quite busy making 3D classics games, but Nintendo's SPD Group 2, who helped in the development, hasn't made anything since helping with Xenoblade. I foresee something.

Also,
I also figure HAL Labs will be highly consumed in creating either downloadable games or Smash Bros U.
EAD 1 just finished Nintendogs and Mario Kart 7 and has probably started work on Mario Kart U.
EAD 2 will create the Wii U-branded games along with Animal Crossing 3DS
EAD 3 will be busy until 2015 creating the next Zelda
EAD 4 is working on Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros Mii
EAD 5 is likely creating Wii U versions of its Wii series.
EAD Tokyo 1 is creating Miyamoto's new IP
EAD Tokyo 2 is creating the new 3D Wii U Mario
SPD 1 is making some WarioWare game.
SPD 2 is helping with Endless Ocean 3
Retro Studios is creating their new Donkey Kong game
Intelligent Systems is busy making the best 3DS games EVER!!
Monolith Soft is creating their new Wii U RPG for 2014
ND Cube = Mario Part 10
HAL = Smash Bros
New Studio Coming out in 2013 = NOTHING! :D
I'd be very surprised if it hasn't released by the end of 2013, and I still believe a launch title isn't off the cards.

HylianTom

Banned
I'd love a huge open-world action RPG
that isn't named Elder Scrolls
for the Wii U. A real time sink. Let me lollygag in the countryside, do side-quests, customize the hell out of my character's skills, sneak around places where I shouldn't be, etc.

Nope. I believe all of Nintendo's first-party developers are primarily located in Tokyo, Japan except for Intelligent Systems (Kyoto) , and of course, Retro Studios (Texas).

OT, but most of Nintendo's internal studios are in Kyoto, only Tokyo EAD 1 & 2, Retro, and the larger of the Monolith Soft studios are not, iirc.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Technically they did with Rare, but now Shin'En is the closest thing they have to a Factor5-like "1st party" provider in the EU.

They should seriously make a new studio with ex-Factor5 guys.

I'd love to see Nintendo buy Shin'En and hire Julian Eggebrecht and some of his more talented cronies to combine them into some kind of European ex-code scene super group.

Throw Jez San in there for good measure.

guek

Banned
After watching the streetfighter x tekken opening intro, I have one thing to say.

I'm making a solemn vow right now that if Capcom X Nintendo is shown at this year's E3, I will purchase every single piece of software developed or published by capcom for both the Wii U and the 3DS during the entire lifetime of those consoles. I'm bookmarking my own post as a reminder :p

Anth0ny

Can someone fill me in on the GDC schedule? When will people have access to the show floor
collect the triforce
?

When are the "important" keynotes?

when is Valve revealing the GabeCube?

After watching the streetfighter x tekken opening intro, I have one thing to say.

I making a solemn vow right now that if Capcom X Nintendo is shown at this year's E3, I will purchase every single piece of software developed or published by capcom for both the Wii U and the 3DS during the entire lifetime of those consoles. I'm bookmarking my own post as a reminder :p

Be careful, it might be "Capcom X Nintendo: Extraction". Get ready for the new wave of tests!

Anth0ny

You are aware, yes, that there aren't keynotes this year, right?

I'm aware.

But

iifqhytwujjxb.png

gaftraingqbcd.png

I feel like the kid in The Incredibles, waiting by Mr. Incredible's car for something 'amazing' to happen. I saw him lift the car already (Zelda/Bird demos), but I'm positive there's something else to be seen, if I just hang around long enough.

HylianTom

Banned
At 11:26pm the night before the first GDC event? Nope, nothing's happened yet. First panel begins at 10:00am tomorrow morning.

Who knows? Maybe some intrepid gaming "journalist" or fanboy/fangirl has seduced someone in-the-know (a developer?). And now, in the developer's post-coitus slumber, he's talking in his sleep while our spy takes notes..?

lenovox1

Can someone fill me in on the GDC schedule? When will people have access to the show floor
collect the triforce
?

When are the "important" keynotes?

when is Valve revealing the GabeCube?

It looks pretty easy to follow on the GDC website. Um, the expo floor opens Wednesday morning at 10AM San Francisco time (PST). No keynotes this year, but sessions.

Software engineer Steve Rabin involved in the panel "Existential Crisis: Do We Really Need AI?" with a few other people on Tuesday. Mario director and programmer Koichi Hayashida is giving the lecture "Thinking In 3D: The Development of Super Mario 3D Land" on Wednesday in the afternoon. That's the only thing Nintendo specific, and it's not even really Nintendo specific.

GDC this year is really focused on the game maker and game maker's experience. So I wouldn't expect a lot of news for the consumer to come out of this event.

At 11:26pm the night before the first GDC event? Nope, nothing's happened yet. First panel begins at 10:00am tomorrow morning.

Actually, there was a W3C group town hall that started at 4:00PM today. Per the description, it was meeting where game developers could talk to the browser makers and the W3C about what they needed to do to get games running on the web platform.

Hiltz

I thought Reggie said they would be rolling out bits of information regarding the Wii U up to E3. So it's possible we'll get a little bit more info at GDC.

Nintendo has given us some new Wii U information including the NFC technology in the Wii U controller, confirmation of the Nintendo Network, and announcing plans for "the future possibility of digital distribution of packaged software.Reggie's kept his word. Hopefully, we'll have some more juicy announcmenets coming out of GDC, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because we may just get more of the same tech demos while the good stuff may just be behind closed doors. The internet would go wild if all Nintendo did was reveal a better name for the console. Quite frankly, that alone would make many of us happy. Too bad it's probably too good to be true.

I feel like the kid in The Incredibles, waiting by Mr. Incredible's car for something 'amazing' to happen. I saw him lift the car already (Zelda/Bird demos), but I'm positive there's something else to be seen, if I just hang around long enough.

I made a gif of that kid last year for TGS, but nothing happened for me to use it. :(

guek

Banned
Who knows? Maybe some intrepid gaming "journalist" or fanboy/fangirl has seduced someone in-the-know (a developer?). And now, in the developer's post-coitus slumber, he's talking in his sleep while our spy takes notes..?

It's all going according to plan...

So this thread has been fun the last few days.
Ace almost seems on the verge of going off the edge burnt pork
Style lol :p

My GDC predictions:

At least:

- A few third party tidbits of info on what's being
ported and what's not.

- Hints at original third party efforts.

- Same old E3 demos from Nintendo.

At most:

- New gameplay and/or graphics demo's from Nintendo.

- Third party trailers/teasers

- Nintendo reveal more on the NiN and/ or other info that's not specs or games.

lednerg

I think at best we'll hear some impressions of the Wii U engine demo that Crytek UK is supposedly going be showing at GDC. At best.

I think at best we'll hear some impressions of the Wii U engine demo that Crytek UK is supposedly going be showing at GDC. At best.

I think we will be missing a dearly departed friend pretty soon.

So I doubt we get anything. If I'm wrong? COOL!

If not? I have one less person to talk too in here.

On the subject... ban bets are really really really stupid.

I may be missing a really in that. Any time you post a joke, you run the risk of someone misconstruing your intent and ending up at the wrong end of the banhammer.

Why not do it in a completely random fashion? That's the way I do it.

lednerg

I think we will be missing a dearly departed friend pretty soon.

So I doubt we get anything. If I'm wrong? COOL!

If not? I have one less person to talk too in here.

Interesting. Well I'm more of an optimist. I bet this person is already on my ignore list, so it'll end up making no difference. I'm good either way.

EDIT
On the subject... ban bets are really really really stupid.

I may be missing a really in that. Any time you post a joke, you run the risk of someone misconstruing your intent and ending up at the wrong end of the banhammer.

Why not do it in a completely random fashion? That's the way I do it.
Oh THAT person... Wait, who was that?

I went through the top posters list and added some more people, along with those who PM'd me. Hopefully this fixes the "it's missing too many popular people" complaint. I know some people will still prefer the huge version but I like piling heaps of people into the one carriage :p

I also added Yamauchi as that was the most worthy addition from all the edits :p thanks amtentori

gaftrain93kuc.png

Fucking YES! I love how I'm totally going to be the first one to bail out.

I agree. We'll get a blurry camera photo if we're extremely lucky.

No doubt the pixel counters will be running all kinds of CSI "enhance" algorithms on it.

Cookychan

Banned
"IdeaMan was banned on Wii U launch for forever due to the following official reason:

“He lied and Wii U is half as weak as current gen.”"

wait what
Is this the same IdeaMan-wait, huh?

Cookychan

Banned
"Opa was banned on 1999-09-09 for forever due to the following official reason:

“For being a Sega loving faggot.”"

loooooool I love lurking NeoGAFBans.

Ahem, back on topic.
I'm really (not) hyped for GDC. I'll be going through the news tomorrow eating Pocky, Nerunerunerune and wondering why I boarded.

lawl, thesh00ter got perma'd already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom