• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, GDC is tomorrow. Man did I space out. Glad I'm off from work. I'm guessing we might not get anything new from Nintendo involving the Wii U, but I atleast have some kinda hope that some big news will spill from this.

TriGen

I'd love a huge open-world action RPG
that isn't named Elder Scrolls
for the Wii U. A real time sink. Let me lollygag in the countryside, do side-quests, customize the hell out of my character's skills, sneak around places where I shouldn't be, etc.

Agree, that would be awesome, I think we'll get one.

Nibel

I'm glad I stopped paying for GAFGold and switched to GAFWood. Saves me a good $2500 a year, and the insurance plan covers dental!

That's rare to get being a monkey.

Yeah, it's hard being a monkey out there *MonkeyBroFist*

So.. who is going to have the honor to start the third speculation thread? BG?

Nibel

Can't believe that guy has 1100+ posts in this thread.

Then again, it's hard to believe I have 350+

The craziest fact is still that this thread has way more views than most threads on GAF. I mean: this topic was created in 2012, look at all the others with almost the same amount of views. I think the HYPE TRAIN helped with that XD
Amazing. I will miss that thread when Wii U launches. Maybe we will have some kind of "Nintendo Speculation" thread :lol

That's me, baby

image.php

D_prOdigy

I remember getting chills watching that. It was only afterward that I thought about the crowd's reaction being notable. I suspect it'd be tougher to get that kind of reaction from the crowd these days.

The closest reaction we get to that now is when a bunch of dudebro hacks give MS a cheering ovation when they get given free consoles.

This is where we are now.

Nibel

I remember getting chills watching that. It was only afterward that I thought about the crowd's reaction being notable. I suspect it'd be tougher to get that kind of reaction from the crowd these days.

Well, isn't the reason for those boring crowds of today's E3s that those crowds mostly consist of journalists and investors?

Nibel

This is another cool reaction shot, and it is from one of the more recent E3s.

Sometimes I ask myself if those journalists aren't allowed to go crazy, though :lol

Log4Girlz

At that point i already quit my nintendo friendship and sold the Wii and i do not want to get him back just for Skyward Sword. And what i heard and saw from Skyward Sword even Twilight Princess seems much better than that game.

Skyward Sword has vastly more compelling dungeons. TP has the better world. Actually, it has some semblance of a world, SS is basically emptiness between dungeons. Nothing will beat the pirate ship ever.

HylianTom

Banned
Skyward Sword has vastly more compelling dungeons. TP has the better world. Actually, it has some semblance of a world, SS is basically emptiness between dungeons. Nothing will beat the pirate ship ever.

I loved the dungeon with the Timeshift Stones. It made me question my feelings over where I'd like to see the series go.
(and the music there is sooooo goooood..)

Log4Girlz

I loved the dungeon with the Timeshift Stones. It made me question my feelings over where I'd like to see the series go.
(and the music there is sooooo goooood..)

Before ever playing the game I envisioned a similar mechanic for a Wii U Zelda game...where the second screen would show you the world as it was at another time. Sigh, so much that can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom