• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

z0m3le

Banned
I agree on some points and disagree on others, it's ultimately a matter of the point of view. Let's leave it at that, this is not the right place to discuss it. I just hope Valve knows what they're doing, I really don't want them to get into trouble due to this.

It will be interesting, it's been a very long time since anyone has notably entered the game market.

Wii U will be fine in either case, but I don't know if the hardcore numbers that they want will come Nintendo's way, if steam box launches this year. hopefully that can bring this all into context, because that's the only real reason I was discussing it here.

I also don't think steam will enter the market in a hostile way, I believe they will still port their titles to the other consoles, and I think they will stay 3rd party in any case. At least I really hope so... Would love to see HL3 for Wii U launch. ;)

spekkeh

Banned
Now imagine this with Iwata's face plastered on it

kMMf8.gif
Iwata: you will stay in this room and keep coding until I'm satisfied, the only time you may see your wife is when you're completely at the end of your wits and beg her to shoot you in the head
Iwata: (laughs)

burst

I was all excited coming home from work today expecting instant leaks from the opening of GDC. For the love of god someone please tweet something to keep me going.

D_prOdigy

Ugh, I loved Other M. I don't care what GAF says, it had some amazing moments and great gameplay.

Give Sakamoto Zelda, a blank cheque and any team he wants. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Not that there's anything wrong with Zelda in Aonuma's hands. But what I wouldn't give for Other Z. If only for the meltdowns.

spekkeh

Banned
I'm with you on [skyward sword having the same quality as mario galaxy].

I'm not. If anything I found SS going the gameplay mechanics route as mario galaxy did only highlighted that it wasn't as good as mario galaxy, gameplay-wise. I used to be a much bigger fan of the zelda series than the mario games, but this generation saw that flip around. Just give me a beautiful fairytale, and leave the mario to mario.

The Japanese boss would normally say it with serious face.

Touche.

Oh my god. This years E3 is gonna be so good.

No. It'll be Miyamoto demonstrating Wii Music + Dance for 20 minutes, then a 10 minute interview on-stage with Sakamoto about an up-port, localised version of Kiki Trick.

Ends with Reggie telling everyone about how he broke his leg and then Carrotop comes on stage and introduces The Legend: Other Z, a fpa using cell-shaded graphics and just the subscreen/stylus for movement, with a trailer that is just a supercut of Zelda saying "The Triforce" a hundred times.

I loved Other M, btw

z0m3le

Banned
Yup. I will try my best to create awesome GIFs or pics, and other gifted people should do this, too. My first non-lurking E3 at GAF, fuck yeah.

Thats how I feel, if only I can get through 130 more posts or so before then... luckily we will be in thread 4 in a week if GDC shows anything.

z0m3le

Banned
Touche.

No. It'll be Miyamoto demonstrating Wii Music + Dance for 20 minutes, then a 10 minute interview on-stage with Sakamoto about an up-port, localised version of Kiki Trick.

Ends with Reggie telling everyone about how he broke his leg and then Carrotop comes on stage and introduces The Legend: Other Z, a fpa using cell-shaded graphics and just the subscreen/stylus for movement, with a trailer that is just a supercut of Zelda saying "The Triforce" a hundred times.

I loved Other M, btw

You should feel bad for this.

The Boat

I'm not. If anything I found SS going the gameplay mechanics route as mario galaxy did only highlighted that it wasn't as good as mario galaxy, gameplay-wise. I used to be a much bigger fan of the zelda series than the mario games, but this generation saw that flip around. Just give me a beautiful fairytale, and leave the mario to mario.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "going the gameplay mechanics route", I don't see that or Zelda trying to go Mario, just that SS is God-tier, just like SMG.

Coolwhip

Banned
Yup. I will try my best to create awesome GIFs or pics, and other gifted people should do this, too. My first non-lurking E3 at GAF, fuck yeah.

GAF during E3 is not a pretty sight. Thousands of trolls that you never seen before appear out of nothing and flame every single thing Nintendo shows. Last year was horrible.

Nibel

GAF during E3 is not a pretty sight. Thousands of trolls that you never seen before appear out of nothing and flame every single thing Nintendo shows. Last year was horrible.

I was there bro and when I think about it you are totally right: there have been a bunch of users I've never seen before or even after E3.

One thing I didn't understand back then was that Microsoft had the maybe worst E3 show of all time and still people seem to ignore it.

E3 will be fun and dangerous, I'm excited anyway :)

z0m3le

Banned

I was here last year, Join Date: 06-15-2011... I've been lurking since the smash dojo thread, loved it so much that I just kept coming back, but Nintendo speculation and hype threads is where it's at, I think we need a general Nintendo Speculation thread all year round.

Shiggy

And that is why, this year.
We'll see the stage go dark.
And up on the screen we'll see a jungle.
Then Crytek's logo flash. Followed by "In association with Nintendo."

Then we see
ipebt.jpg

Followed by
HHiyJ.jpg

Time Splitters 4

They traverse time and Nintendo franchises!

ts4-0121.jpg

It would be great to see TS4 being revived.

tkscz

What's suppose to even happen at GDC? I mean, as far as I can tell, it's just a basic speech about game development.

Javier

What's suppose to even happen at GDC? I mean, as far as I can tell, it's just a basic speech about game development.
Last year they revealed Super Mario 3D Land there.

Maybe they'll announce a couple of 3DS games release dates, but don't expect anything big (like anything regarding WiiU). Nintendo is likely saving all the big guns for E3.

effzee

I wasn't following the GDC last year, but when exactly did they reveal Mario3DS? First day? During Iwata's keynote?

I have my expectations set to zero, but it would be nice to even hear something was shown behind doors.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wasn't following the GDC last year, but when exactly did they reveal Mario3DS? First day? During Iwata's keynote?

I have my expectations set to zero, but it would be nice to even hear something was shown behind doors.

They didn't really fully revealed it. As far as i know, they only showed a tentative title called "Super Mario" with a racoon tail on the O.

I don't expect anything either, especially with Iwata not being present.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
They didn't really fully revealed it. As far as i know, they only showed a tentative title called "Super Mario" with a racoon tail on the O.

I don't expect anything either, especially with Iwata not being present.
That's correct. You can watch the keynote here: http://gdc2011.nintendo.com/_ui/flv/gdc2011.mp4

I don't expect much either, but I will be heavily surprised if Nintendo has decided to not even bring Wii U demo kiosks to their booth. We'll probably get a bunch of leaks though.

I would just like to add a fuck the haters in regards to both Other M and Skyward Sword. Other M had a great engine, played and controlled awesomely and made for some great moments. I would cause serious bodily harm to another individual for another Metroid game using that engine, on the 3DS.

Skyward Sword was just epic, loved everything about it personally. Easily my favorite of the 3D Zelda games. Even with my back log I'll probably do another play through of it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom