• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Need a downloadable 2.5 Metroid Nintendo!

1rgvk.png

klier

Yup. I will try my best to create awesome GIFs or pics, and other gifted people should do this, too. My first non-lurking E3 at GAF, fuck yeah.

Well well....considering ourselves gifted now?
You make nice gifs, but don't get carried away now ;)

(but I am of course free to say you're gifted....maybe it even was a pun....GIFted)

Nibel

Well well....considering ourselves gifted now?
You make nice gifs, but don't get carried away now ;)

(but I am of course free to say you're gifted....maybe it even was a pun....GIFted)

You take the meaning too seriously :D

Let's say: people who can work with graphic programs like Photoshop should give E3 a shot.

ACIII is officially confirmed for Wii U, though the logo isn't in the announcement trailer. Maybe Nintendo is loosening their absurdly restrictive NDAs a bit? Dunno.

Well, we knew that it would come to Wii U. Hiding the logo everywhere must mean that they will present a new one?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hopefully it will look better than the PS3 & 360 versions, and not just a simple port.

But we never know with Ubisoft.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Ubisoft did in its Q3 2011/2012 SA Sales Conference Call confirm Assassin's Creed III for release on the 30th of October (in trailer it's the 31st of October). I wonder if this applies only to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, or to Wii U as well (if it has launched prior to that date). Nice to hear news about this anyway, perhaps Nintendo is readying for more developers/publishers to start sharing details on their Wii U projects.

http://www.media-server.com/m/p/7s6r42q3

Ugh, I loved Other M. I don't care what GAF says, it had some amazing moments and great gameplay.

Other M was a turd filled with diamonds. Some people honed in on the diamonds, others on the turd. It had some amazing core systems and art with some great fan-service bosses, wrapped in a clumsy and poorly written story and gameplay that was hindered by compromises forced by the decision to use a sideways remote. Also, scanning without some form of hinting was garbage. Most of it's problems could be solved by moving on to a controller with a decent amount of buttons, like the U-Pad or a 3DS, while the rest could be solved by bringing in an experienced writer and taking notes from Retro on the scan visor. The core gameplay, however was a lot of fun.

It was probably a slip of the tongue, but damn it's good to have confirmation

Nope, it's right there in the press release. Makes one wonder why the same thing couldn't have been done for certain other multiplatform titles announced since E3, but I have no idea how Nintendo or third parties are handling these things (come E3, I expect there to be some daylight between full HD multiplatform parity and the actual third-party Wii U lineup, but not as much as some pessimists would have it).

With a development cycle of over three years and twice the production capacity of any previous Ubisoft game, Assassin’s Creed III is set to release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows PC and is also in development for Wii U™ from Nintendo. Assassin’s Creed III is developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with six other Ubisoft studios.

Jackano

Well it isn't a surprise coming from Ubi. Sadly, the 'in development 'part sounds like the Wii U version will be late compared to the others. I easily can see a 4-6months delay for the Wii U version, without any good reason to hope for any new, extensives Upad functionnalities. And, not to mention, this will be an "old-gen" port.
This PR will probably cause some market share bump tomorrow, I miss the 6,4€ already.

royalan

Nope, it's right there in the press release. Makes one wonder why the same thing couldn't have been done for certain other multiplatform titles announced since E3, but I have no idea how Nintendo or third parties are handling these things (come E3, I expect there to be some daylight between full HD multiplatform parity and the actual third-party Wii U lineup, but not as much as some pessimists would have it).

Sweeeeeeeeeet

So does this also somewhat confirm that Wii U will be launched before Holiday this year?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sweeeeeeeeeet

So does this also somewhat confirm that Wii U will be launched before Holiday this year?

No, AC 3 could be coming out later for the Wii U. In fact their wording leads me to believe as much.

Edit: those bullshotty screens from last week better have been from the Wii version.

royalan

Double post...somehow...

Well it isn't a surprise coming from Ubi. Sadly, the 'in development 'part sounds like the Wii U version will be late compared to the others. I easily can see a 4-6months delay for the Wii U version, without any good reason to hope for any new, extensives Upad functionnalities. And, not to mention, this will be an "old-gen" port.
This PR will probably cause some market share bump tomorrow, I miss the 6,4€ already.

I think it is pretty surprising to me. I mean, sure, the Wii didn't get Ubi's best games this gen because it just couldn't handle them. But it's nice to see that atleast some developers have come around now that that bottleneck is gone.

And I take the "in development" part to signify that the Wii U is currently an unreleased platform.

AniHawk

the wii u version will probably get canceled so that team can focus on the exclusive vita game, based on the 80s classic, ikari warriors.

No, AC 3 could be coming out later for the Wii U. In fact their wording leads me to believe as much.

Edit: those bullshotty screens from last week better have been from the Wii version.

I don't think it suggests Wii-U is launching later, it probably just means they're not allowed to talk timings yet. The date may not yet be set in stone -- and if its a launch title, they'll want to co-ordinate the PR for launch titles and make a splash with the lineup.

Although I'll be disappointed if we don't get news this week, I've got to admit - they could be sitting on some amazing news by E3 if they keep loads of it secret. Imagine just being hit by one announcement after the other, leaving you in no doubt of how awesome it's going to be.

Gleethor

I'm inclined to believe that the "In development for Wii U" part wasn't implying a late release, but rather because they can't officially announce release dates for Wii U games yet, since that would imply Wii U's general launch window.

MDX

Im more than convinced now that either that Nintendo is collaborating with
third parties to make the WiiU version of cross-platform titles distinct from
current gen versions. This probably means that many of the titles for WiiU may launch a few months after PS360 releases.

royalan

^^ Those two Reggie avatars genuinely disturb me to my stomach. :(

Anyway, the absolute best I can hope for is that Nintendo loosens the leash for 3rd parties, starting at GDC. They've got to let 3rd parties start talking about their games.

But I think the very least we'll get is more info on the hardware itself, which wouldn't be bad.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
PC version.

Now... why is it that every weekend 40 pages get added? lol
Anything worthwhile in the past 30 pages? :p

Just hype train photoshop madness and idea man saying he was pleasantly surprised by the amount of RAM on the wii u. We think he was insinuating that it might have 2 gigs

Sadist

I'm inclined to believe that the "In development for Wii U" part wasn't implying a late release, but rather because they can't officially announce release dates for Wii U games yet, since that would imply Wii U's general launch window.
Pretty much this.

Btw, I expected a Wii U version for AC III. Guillemot kind of made that clear during the Ubi Wii U roundtable last year.

Lausebub

Banned
This could mean anything. Is it coming at launch? Is the launch before the game comes out. If it's a launch title, is it coming late then the other versions? But I'm glad that we have a new game coming out for Wii U as well. I hope that you see a difference between the console versions, because of the amount of RAM in the system. No Wii U in the teaser is interesting though. No one has done that (Darksider f.e.) Renaming? Nintendo U? Ultra Nintendo? Nintendo Next? Nintendo UP!? WHERE ARE THE GDC LEAKS!!! :p

HylianTom

Banned
This could mean anything. Is it coming at launch? Is the launch before the game comes out. If it's a launch title, is it coming late then the other versions? But I'm glad that we have a new game coming out for Wii U as well. I hope that you see a difference between the console versions, because of the amount of RAM in the system. No Wii U in the teaser is interesting though. No one has done that (Darksider f.e.) Renaming? Nintendo U? Ultra Nintendo? Nintendo Next? Nintendo UP!? WHERE ARE THE GDC LEAKS!!! :p

It's still Monday. Gonna be a long week..

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Namechange incoming I suppose. Let's go!
Nintendo is still experiencing problems with the trademark both in Europe and North America. The Wii U trademark in Europe was in January this year opposed by the company Information Technology Junction Limited, on grounds of "Unfair advantage /detriment to distinctiveness or repute". The opposition receipt was sent to Nintendo (or Nintendo's correspondent Grünecker, Kinkeldey, Stockmair & Schwanhäusser) on the 30th of January. I asked that law firm about the current status of this, but I have received no reply. And in the US, Nintendo still has to provide certain documents in compliance with a suspension letter sent to them in early January; unless they do so they cannot continue action on the trademark and thus if they don't fix this it will be abandoned.

Sources: http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_DetailCTM_NoReg, http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85393173

Lausebub

Banned
OK people, since we don't have anything else to speculate aboout: Alternative names fpr Wii U. I'm sure this topoc was adressed a few times already, but which wasn't.

My shot: Nintendo U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom