• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could mean anything. Is it coming at launch? Is the launch before the game comes out. If it's a launch title, is it coming late then the other versions? But I'm glad that we have a new game coming out for Wii U as well. I hope that you see a difference between the console versions, because of the amount of RAM in the system. No Wii U in the teaser is interesting though. No one has done that (Darksider f.e.) Renaming? Nintendo U? Ultra Nintendo? Nintendo Next? Nintendo UP!? WHERE ARE THE GDC LEAKS!!! :p

First of all, don't expect any major Wii U news during GDC. That will come at E3.

Second, this is Ubisoft we are talking about. They aren't going to make an awesome port for a new Nintendo system. If the console is easy to code for, then it will probably look about the same and have a more solid framerate. I wouldn't expect more than that.

Lausebub

Banned
First of all, don't expect any major Wii U news during GDC. That will come at E3.

Second, this is Ubisoft we are talking about. They aren't going to make an awesome port for a new Nintendo system. If the console is easy to code for, then it will probably look about the same and have a more solid framerate. I wouldn't expect more than that.

Ever heard of money? I don't expect Nintendo would do that, though.

neeksleep

Considering that pokemon B2/W2 will have a 3D feature if played on the 3DS, I'm at least hoping they'll show a bit of that.

As for names. The NintenDoes

andthebeatgoeson

boss_slide.gif

That really deserves 'Like a BAWS' title or overlay.

Davey Cakes

I think "U" could work, sure. Iwata's reasoning for going from "we" to "you" made sense. It's unnecessary to call it the "Wii U" though. People will get that it's a continuation of the Wii.

Sadist

The real question will be if the Wii U gets a few confirmations regarding games after AC III. If I have to wait 91 days for more confirmations...

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Something I have been wondering about the Wii-U's launch: if the best case scenario happens and Wii-U will have the best possible support at launch (RE6, AC3, COD, etc., plus Nintendo's own games), is there any chance it can have a userbase during its launch window to sustain so many high profile games? As far as I can tell, hardware seems to always be somewhat scarce during launches, so wouldn't it be pretty much inevitable that several games would end up with lacklustre sales?

HylianTom

Banned
I'm sticking with the Nintendo Juicy™. It was even mentioned on a certain banned site's podcast this past weekend. They went over possible game names to coordinate with it, hehe..

(my ultimate goal would be to get a gaming blogger or journalist to ask a Nintendo rep - the higher-up, the better - about "this hot rumor going-around online about the Wii U being renamed the Juicy™". Thus, comedy is born.)

Nilaul

Something I have been wondering about the Wii-U's launch: if the best case scenario happens and Wii-U will have the best possible support at launch (RE6, AC3, COD, etc., plus Nintendo's own games), is there any chance it can have a userbase during its launch window to sustain so many high profile games? As far as I can tell, hardware seems to always be somewhat scarce during launches, so wouldn't it be pretty much inevitable that several games would end up with lacklustre sales?

That would mean I'm definitely skipping out on call of duty WiiU (anyway I want to play that in 3D on my 3DS). It also means, I wont be eating for two months.

I would buy all of them.

They need to manage the launch window correctly. Too many titles on Day 1 *is* likely to dilute everybody's optimal share...

I would certainly be up for buying 2/3 non-Nintendo games if good ones are available. What I'm a bit weary of is the possibility of 360/PS3 port-ups that are either late, or have compelling reasons for users to buy on another console and no bonuses or justifications for people to decide to buy the Wii-U version... lets say for example, an Arkham City release with no added content, or a Call of Duty with no stand-out features or perks (a lot of people would just go where their friends-list is if its the same as on 360/PS3 but a little prettier - those games need something else)

They're definitely going to be lower sales wise than the same games on established platforms, though this should impact the more community dependant games more (ie: COD). Think of PS3 in 2006/2007, only Wii U won't have to shoulder the "worst version" aspect PS3 ports endured early on.

I think of a certain college in South Florida when I hear "da U."
True but you might forget about that college entirely once you see Nintendo games in HD.

Then you can have lunch with those that kept calling the Wii the Nintendo Revolution after May 2006.

Hardly the same thing since U is still in the title, it would just be an abbreviation like people who say 360 instead of Xbox 360. If I wanted to call it Cafe then you would have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom