• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicarious Visions is also one of the few Western Devs that gave a dam on Nintendo Consoles and handhelds. Do w have any idea what they are doing, aside from an obvious Skylander sequel port?

EDIT: Shit, someone beat me to the VV topic.

Linkhero1

Do any of you have a ritual when unboxing new hardware?

Here's what I do.

1. I buy the console
  2. I sit and stair at the box for a good hour or two
  3. I caress the box for about half an hour
  4. I open the box gently and take everything out
  5. I examine everything inside
  6. I connect it and boot up the console for the first time.
  7. I forgot to mention that I like the smell of new things, so I'll just sit and smell the console for a while.

antonz

Vicarious Visions is also one of the few Western Devs that gave a dam on Nintendo Consoles and handhelds. Do w have any idea what they are doing, aside from an obvious Skylander sequel port?

EDIT: Shit, someone beat me to the VV topic.

They have a Wii U/360/PS3 game in development though its just known as codename Project Nova

HylianTom

Banned
I love the smell. Gotta take a moment to savor the smell.

I also make sure to preserve the packing materials. I tend to save the box and the packing materials for at least that generation.

I open the box and INHALE. I cannot get enough of that new plastic smell.
*tears up thinking about cartridges*
YES!

I just said this in the witcher thread, but it applies more to this spec discussion. I just beat the witcher 2 on my 360 and it looked fucking amazing. On hardware designed in 04. Why anyone be worried after the little we actually know right now, surprises me.

nordique

I open the box, take everything out and hook it up.
You were expecting this to say "then I jerk off furiously" weren't you?

Yes
whatswrong8jjhz.gif

lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I open the box, take everything out and hook it up.
You were expecting this to say "then I jerk off furiously" weren't you?

no, not at all
.........................................................yes

*pouts*

You've got answer for everything don't you?

I spray my musk on it to show ownership.

I'm not even surprised

Here's what I do.

1. I buy the console
  2. I sit and stair at the box for a good hour or two
  3. I caress the box for about half an hour
  4. I open the box gently and take everything out
  5. I examine everything inside
  6. I connect it and boot up the console for the first time.
  7. I forgot to mention that I like the smell of new things, so I'll just sit and smell the console for a while.

*sigh*

guek

Banned

I also make sure to preserve the packing materials. I tend to save the box and the packing materials for at least that generation.

I do the exact same thing.

*sigh* Wii U will probably be the last console I ever buy on launch day for the rest of my foreseeable life. I'll be just about finishing up my residency by the time the following batch of consoles start being released. And then it'll be work work work (and family too)

EloquentM

aka Mannny

YES!

I do this as well.

I does anyone actually read the instruction manuals before use? I do ^__^;

*sigh* Wii U will probably be the last console I ever buy on launch day for the rest of my foreseeable life. I'll be just about finishing up my residency by the time the following batch of consoles start being released. And then it'll be work work work (and family too)

why do you say that. many a member on Gaf seem to be doing just fine gaming, working, and building a family.

Anth0ny

Yes. My launch Wii box is still in mint condition. Unfortunately, Brawl destroyed the Wii itself =(

Linkhero1

I do the same. I still have my N64 and GC boxes. Unfortunately my parents threw out my SNES and Genesis boxes >_<

guek

Banned
why do you say that. many a member on Gaf seem to be doing just fine gaming, working, and building a family.

Because I'll be a doctor and I'm realistic about how much free time I'll have :p

I'll still be gaming, I just don't think I'll have time to be as much of an active enthusiast. At the rate I'm going now just being in med school, I finish a game once every 2-3 months or so. It's only going to get worse, especially at the beginning of my career. Did you know just about every time I'm on GAF, I'm only able to browse and post in between lecture slides. I'm studying immunology right now! XD

HylianTom

Banned

For a few years, I let work and family squeeze me out of gaming. My console actually did gather dust. I was at the hospital for an average of 60 hours per week - and this wasn't including on-call time. Family and other hobbies ate-up the rest of my time.

I started playing again a few years ago. Cut my work time to an average of 50 hours per week. Curbed some of my other hobbies. I've become a much, much happier person now that I'm back to my beloved gaming.

If it's within your power, keep in touch - even if it's just a small number of games per year.
(edit: and if you have the ability to do so, use some of your vacation time (vacation time?! ha!) for gaming purposes. Shut-out the world and make your long weekend or week off a slot of time for YOU.)

It's the best advice I can give.

I can still see even my NES box right now...Oh God, it's been tucked away over there for almost twenty-five years. I hate those realizations that time seems to be flying by :(

Anth0ny

Because I'll be a doctor and I'm realistic about how much free time I'll have :p

I'll still be gaming, I just don't think I'll have time to be as much of an active enthusiast. At the rate I'm going now just being in med school, I finish a game once every 2-3 months or so. It's only going to get worse, especially at the beginning of my career. Did you know just about every time I'm on GAF, I'm only able to browse and post in between lecture slides. I'm studying immunology right now! XD

That's no way to think about it!

You'll buy Nintendo consoles at launch... and not open it for weeks until you have free time! Gotta stay optimistic!

guek

Banned
For a few years, I let work and family squeeze me out of gaming. My console actually did gather dust. I was at the hospital for an average of 60 hours per week - and this wasn't including on-call time. Family and other hobbies ate-up the rest of my time.

I started playing again a few years ago. Cut my work time to an average of 50 hours per week. Curbed some of my other hobbies. I've become a much, much happier person now that I'm back to my beloved gaming.

If it's within your power, keep in touch - even if it's just a small number of games per year.
(edit: and if you have the ability to do so, use some of your vacation time (vacation time?! ha!) for gaming purposes. Shut-out the world and make your long weekend or week off a slot of time for YOU.)

It's the best advice I can give.

Whoa I didn't know you were in medicine too :) Well that's good to hear. Nice to know it's possible.

I'll definitely try to keep gaming, but like I said, it'll almost certainly be secondary to other parts of my life. Man, I don't know how you're able to post on here so often though. And you say you're married too, right? Wow.

Another E3 prediction:

3DSi Lite XL

I mean, a redesign could happen I guess, but I really just wanted to show off my design.

On a more related note, does anyone think we'll get some solid cross platform functions outside of Smash Bros?

EloquentM

aka Mannny

oh noez first Dr. Tom and now Dr. Guek? well, best of luck to you in trying to balance everything out. immunology eh? ooh so can you tell me about an inevitable super-virus that is going to wipe out the human race?

Linkhero1

Another E3 prediction:

3DSi Lite XL

I mean, a redesign could happen I guess, but I really just wanted to show off my design.

On a more related note, does anyone think we'll get some solid cross platform functions outside of Smash Bros?

That looks sexy. I'd rebuy a 3DS.

Also I do expect more cross platform functions from Nintendo. I don't think we'll see the same from third parties.

HylianTom

Banned
Whoa I didn't know you were in medicine too :) Well that's good to hear. Nice to know it's possible.

I'll definitely try to keep gaming, but like I said, it'll almost certainly be secondary to other parts of my life. Man, I don't know how you're able to post on here so often though. And you say you're married too, right? Wow.

Well, I'm not a doc - I'm in radiology as an MRI tech. I've been practicing for ~8 years, been with my partner for 15+ years. For a few years (especially at the beginning), I practically lived at the hospital. For way too long, I worked 12 to 16 hours a day, went home, slept for a few hours, and then turned around and went right back. If I wasn't working, I also was studying for three separate board exams. When something went wrong at the hospital, I was the guy that they called - even when I wasn't on-call. As far as taking care of any problems at the hospital was concerned - difficult exams, difficult patients, difficult situations, etc - the answer was always "call Tom - he lives 8 minutes away and can handle this!"

At rock-bottom, I played maybe 3 or 4 games per year. I moved heaven and earth for my Wind Waker vacation, taking others' shifts, arranging vacation time well in advance.. stuff like that. Going-all out for that vacation (junk food, clean house, isolation from the outside world, etc) really stuck with me. It's the event that I model all of my gaming vacations on, including the upcoming Wii U Launch Week vacation. :)

Now I've moved, and my new job is much less demanding, thank goodness. Significantly more time for gaming. But that rough period made me appreciate my free gaming time much, much more.

You'll make it through!

Anth0ny

Another E3 prediction:

3DSi Lite XL

I don't think they want to take attention away from Wii U, or else E3 would have been perfect for a redesign. Next year.

NSMB2 and Mii will have cross platform functions. You'll be able to... cross over Miis.

>_>

AniHawk

Ehhh, what he posted about Retro and Monolith Soft was bordering on flame bait. So either it's unintentional and he behaves that way by reflex or he's being a dick on purpose for laughs and to push the envelope. I naturally prefer to assume the latter, because if it were the former... well, that'd be a shame.

the context for that quote was sprsk said that nintendo had enough cash to purchase sony. so it was definitely in a joking manner.

also, i think i've mellowed out in five years. those were my college days when i wasn't getting any sleep at all and was a bit more combative.

guek

Banned
Well, I'm not a doc - I'm in radiology as an MRI tech. I've been practicing for ~8 years, been with my partner for 15+ years. For a few years (especially at the beginning), I practically lived at the hospital. For way too long, I worked 12 to 16 hours a day, went home, slept for a few hours, and then turned around and went right back. If I wasn't working, I also was studying for three separate board exams. When something went wrong at the hospital, I was the guy that they called - even when I wasn't on-call. As far as taking care of any problems at the hospital was concerned - difficult exams, difficult patients, difficult situations, etc - the answer was always "call Tom - he lives 8 minutes away and can handle this!"

At rock-bottom, I played maybe 3 or 4 games per year. I moved heaven and earth for my Wind Waker vacation, taking others' shifts, arranging vacation time well in advance.. stuff like that. Going-all out for that vacation (junk food, clean house, isolation from the outside world, etc) really stuck with me. It's the event that I model all of my gaming vacations on, including the upcoming Wii U Launch Week vacation. :)

Now I've moved, and my new job is much less demanding, thank goodness. Significantly more time for gaming. But that rough period made me appreciate my free gaming time much, much more.

You'll make it through!

Oh, so are you the guy that puts the little arrows and the circle in the image that says "Hey. Hey idiot. This. Look at this."

Thanks for the words of encouragement :)

had there been any hints that the GI cover could be WiiU?

Only in our heart of hearts...

HylianTom

Banned
had there been any hints that the GI cover could be WiiU?

or at least some news in the next magazine
It'll be a gigantic piece of poop, but sculpted in the shape of a uPad.. and the article title will say "Inside: Top Ten Reasons Why the Wii U Will Be a Turd!"

Oh, so are you the guy that puts the little arrows and the circle in the image that says "Hey. Hey idiot. This. Look at this."

Thanks for the words of encouragement :)
Ha! Naah.. I'm more diplomatic with the med students; I like to write down slice and series numbers for them to look at.

Poop jokes...

I spent the last 4 hours doing laundry and watching full stand up comedy on youtube

Dave, Eddie, Richard in that order

its strange to watch those old Eddie Murphy 80s stand up starting when he was only 22 and later... all the poop jokes

I want to do stand up about being a Nintendo fan and gaming in general this could work now

LOCK

Another E3 prediction:

3DSi Lite XL

This brings up a discussion, how big can Nintendo make a 3DS XL for it to not be considered too big.

I surely wouldn't mind a $200+ dollar upgrade that felt worth that much.

oy, i know that feeling. I am actually in law school....i basically only play games a handful of times a month. It really sucks.

I am looking forward to the summer to have a few weeks off and just enjoy life again haha.

antonz

I'd think that they'd be hyping it a lot more if it were anything Wii U related. There seems to be very little hype surrounding this cover compared to previous covers.

Main issue seems to be that this is a totally unexpected title so they claim. Thats hampering alot of hype though I dont expect wiiu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom