• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does it seem like Miyamoto's being pushed to stay on at Nintendo?

If the man wants to retire, let him retire, he's done enough. Almost as bad as Aonuma publicly not wanting to work on Zelda and being pushed into that...

Does Nintendo have many producers/directors to rival these guys' talent, probably not. But I also believe it has as much to do with under-the-wing talent as it does with what will happen to Nintendo's stock the day Miyamoto does retire.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
pcars2012041023122683.jpg

pcars2012041023163890.jpg

pcars2012041023390506.jpg

HylianTom

Banned

If the man wants to retire, let him retire, he's done enough. Almost as bad as Aonuma publicly not wanting to work on Zelda and being pushed into that...

Does Nintendo have many producers/directors to rival these guys' talent, probably not. But I also believe it has as much to do with under-the-wing talent as it does with what will happen to Nintendo's stock the day Miyamoto does retire.

I also thnk that part of him feels obligated to "prepare" Nintendo for that dreadful day. He's preparing us, in a way, too.

disap.ed

[...] and Project CARS is also (loosely) slated for release by the end of this year. [...]

Wrong, the last I heard was March 2013 the earliest with a release in late summer more likely according to Ian.

And SMS an indie dev, well, yeah.

If that's a screenshot of a Wii U game, I find it very impressive.

Wii_U_41448.jpg

Here's some reassurance about the graphics.

Edit - It sounds like at the very least, the Wii U will have some (maybe not all) DX11 features not possible in the PS3/360. The Wii U version may be closer to the PC version.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-project-cars-community-screenshots-3/

This looks like the original source. Perhaps I got a little over excited?

While we’re waiting for Slightly Mad Studios to release their weekly community screenshots, we felt the need to share some more Project CARS screenshots from modder Gionight. Quite frankly, nothing can come close to the image fidelity of Project CARS and let’s keep in mind that everything you see is from its pre-alpha stage. And contrary to other games, the game does look this good when you’re gaming. These are not shots from photomode or anything like that. Enjoy!

I also thnk that part of him feels obligated to "prepare" Nintendo for that dreadful day. He's preparing us, in a way, too.

That day will suck for sure. But I'm actually optimistic on this, I think Nintendo has more than enough younger talent to keep going strong. Maybe even more suited to this day and age. And they'll keep expanding.

It's just you.

Read his interviews for magazines, read those Iwata Asks interviews with his involvement - games are this man's passion.

This is true and what I hope. But I also don't want to read 10 years from now how he wanted to quit in 2010 and was asked not to. But it is cool to see a guy his age still at the top of his game. I personally just want one more "Miyamoto directed game".

Code is code - more powerful systems might mean more complicated engines.... but there's is no such thing as 'coding in HD'

Art assets take exponentially more time to create in HD.

And.... to the person who thinks Wii games already have HD art assets on the disc. Doh. Even if Nintendo did waste a bunch of time and money putting HD and SD assets on a disc for no good reason, how would the emulator know how to make the switch, seeing as it is simply executing the Wii code??
There aren't 2 sets of assets on disc, it's that the texture maps are generally much higher quality than necessary for 480p. This is partially why most 1st party Wii games look so good when rendered at higher resolutions in Dolphin.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wasn't there a FIFA or Pro Evo game with Sony logos in the Wii/3DS version? Could be fair game as it's Sony as a whole, not just SCE, but still.

Edit: Have some full-res shots of the Nintendo Car:

slightly_mad_studios_13345201777748.jpg

slightly_mad_studios_13345202054072.jpg

slightly_mad_studios_13345202052187.jpg

That's a "Nintendo" car? One tiny logo on the back of the car and it's the "Nintendo" car?

Freaking beautiful game! I'm stunned! If it looks like that on Wii U, then there's no fear.

- He wants to make something with the Wii Music IP. He said: "It is always sad that something is not sold as well as expected. I think these negative experiences on a project is a thorn that is stuck, so we usually try to work the best idea or at least take it up and concretize it from an angle different for use in another title. " Is that the case of Wii Music? "Yes, I want to do more with that idea," he adds with a laugh.

Just remember Mario Paint Composer Miyamoto. That's all I ask. Have a way to not only create your own music, but submit it for other people to hear.

Edit - It sounds like at the very least, the Wii U will have some (maybe not all) DX11 features not possible in the PS3/360. The Wii U version may be closer to the PC version.

There's more that says this will be the case than not.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So I see Crysis 3 of officially announced for every platform apart from WiiU. Are we really going to have to wait until E3 until these motherfucking tiresome NDA's are lifted.

So I see Crysis 3 of officially announced for every platform apart from WiiU. Are we really going to have to wait until E3 until these motherfucking tiresome NDA's are lifted.

Almost certainly, yes.

I completely understand Nintendo's secrecy when it comes to actually showing Wii U software, but not allowing publishers to announce anything for the platform is just counterproductive.

Luigiv

Just so you guys know, here's the real deal:

The logo placement is 100% true to life so really the screenshot could have potentially come from any version. I imagine the license to replicate the vehicle in game also covers sponsor's logos without the need to get extra permission from each sponsor. Chances are a sponsor would have to actively register a complaint to get their logos removed, so the logo is probably in all versions at the moment.

Redford

aka Cabbie
When I was I younger, I assumed most people would do a bit of research if they didn't fully understand something. Turns out most people just seem to trust the first person that tells them something, not really caring if it's true or not.

I meant stock instrument sounds. What, are you mad I didn't come rushing to praise your intelligence for pointing that out? So you berate me for one offhand mistake?

If Aunoma wants to take a break I'm all for it. I'm not even really saying that negatively, I just think if he would ever come back to the series, it should be after some thought.

Nibel

The background in that screen is fucking crazy - doesn't matter from which version this is. Great team behind the game!

Almost certainly, yes.

I completely understand Nintendo's secrecy when it comes to actually showing Wii U software, but not allowing publishers to announce anything for the platform is just counterproductive.
Their idea is to do a giant blowout and show this huge list of announced games (not just company logos) all at once and completely blow away investors and gamers.

"'I'm about to turn 60. I've been telling people within Nintendo: 'I'll have to retire at some point. Be prepared'"
Makes me so sad ):

Aye, he's about halfway done. We only have four or five console generations to mercilessly squeeze the games out of him.

:|

everyone said:

It's looks all real and stuff, but I have to admit that I'm not really hyped here. It hasn't even come out for computers, so we don't even know if it's a fun game. Or have there been betas out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom