• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, random question, not really related to WiiU, but in the banner with all the GAF members in the hype train, what is that bear with the E3 bag? I remember it coming about, but for the life of me can't remember what it is. Haha
Not on my pc atm byt it's from E3 2010 I think. Forget why though.

Edit:I'm wrong.

Sadist

I don't have the original hypetrain image at my disposal guys. Sorry. But let's try to not come across as a bunch of crazy folk. It might be too late though :p

Okay, random question, not really related to WiiU, but in the banner with all the GAF members in the hype train, what is that bear with the E3 bag? I remember it coming about, but for the life of me can't remember what it is. Haha
It's the E3 bear. When all the crates with goodies from the devs/pubs arrive at the LA convention center, the E3 Bear appears to have a look inside.

HylianTom

Banned
And it's the Japanese version.

I like your new avatar.. but what is that thing?

Also:
reggiesalmon6ju5h.png

Anth0ny

I say we start with predictions. It'll be fun to see where the community was at this point in time.

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

$300
November 18
New Super Mario Bros Mii
2x Xbox 360 (Dreamcast to Xbox 360's N64)
Retro Zelda (I'm still on the bandwagon, baby)

When E3 comes we will be at around 100,000 posts and just starting the sixth thread. Just think that it won't be until we get to 100,000 posts that we actually get the important details and only then will the thread truly explode.

Terrell

Seriously? 4 pages of this new thread and most of it is just discussing the old thread.

If you want to discuss something, how about discussing how Vita's sub-10k sales in Japan this week and thus its imminent declaration as a failure for the 2nd time in a row for Sony (3rd if you include the PSP) will impact the PS4 and, therefore, how it impacts WiiU spec expectations when one powerhouse will likely need to play as conservatively as humanly possible.

relaxor

what?
Whats up homies. I've posted in all these threads, wouldn't want to miss out.

I see some vaguely new stuff in the OP, interesting...

Seriously? 4 pages of this new thread and most of it is just discussing the old thread.

If you want to discuss something, how about discussing how Vita's sub-10k sales in Japan this week and thus its imminent declaration as a failure for the 2nd time in a row for Sony (3rd if you include the PSP) will impact the PS4 and, therefore, how it impacts WiiU spec expectations when one powerhouse will likely need to play as conservatively as humanly possible.

But that would be off topic.

Sadist

When E3 comes we will be at around 100,000 posts and just starting the sixth thread. Just think that it won't be until we get to 100,000 posts that we actually get the important details and only then will the thread truly explode.
By then we won't need a speculation thread anymore. It's going to be a crazy 54 days.

v1oz

How big of a deal is the lack of 1T-SRAM? I'd like to believe that the SRAM would have given an edge in performance because of the low latency compared to DRAM.

AzaK

I like your new avatar.. but what is that thing?

Also:
reggiesalmon6ju5h.png

Thanks. It's little ole Sigmund from my childhood TV watching days. In fact to this day I enjoy that show :)

Actually, I admit that's a self portrait of how I look after living through 3 threads while all the time actually having a Wii U in my possession.

HylianTom

Banned

Well, without getting too giddy.. it bodes well for Nintendo's prospects in this upcoming generation insofar as getting third party support is concerned.

If Sony goes the more modest, sustainable route with its hardware choices, then it seems like Sony and Nintendo will have their power on one tier, and Microsoft will have its power on another tier. With this configuration, third parties can't afford to write-off two so-called "weak" consoles; had Sony gone with a more powerful console, third parties could have targeted that upper tier and left Nintendo in the dust, much like what happened with the Wii.

It's little ole Sigmund from my childhood TV watching days. In fact to this day I enjoy that show :)
Ahh.. Sigmund. I thought so. A Sid and Marty Kroft creation, if I recall correctly.
(there I go showing my age again..)

Nilaul

O please... Understatement that is. HylianTom alone will top 100,000 posts.

Sadist

The PSP was pretty relevant wasn't it? It took a while longer for it to take off. And I don't know... the console space in Japan is pretty borked at this point. I mean, we had FF XIII-2 and One Piece Musou as the most relevant consoles releases. I wonder how the Japanese development community will react to the Wii U. Except for Kojima Productions offcourse.

Didn't SquareEnix/CrystalDynamics say no Tomb Raider at this point too?
Yup. And no Project Ogre for Kojima Productions. And no BioShock Infinite.

Terrell

Well, without getting too giddy.. it bodes well for Nintendo's prospects in this upcoming generation insofar as getting third party support is concerned.

If Sony goes the more modest, sustainable route with its hardware choices, then it seems like Sony and Nintendo will have their power on one tier, and Microsoft will have its power on another tier. With this configuration, third parties can't afford to write-off two weak consoles; had Sony gone with a more powerful console, third parties could have targeted that upper tier and left Nintendo in the dust, much like what happened with the Wii.

And not to spook anyone, but things continue to line up with my prognosis for the future of the upcoming generation...

West-East developer divide based on platform
One entrant being excised from the industry (but despite the Sony situation, a modest console could save them and push MS out of the picture, or vice versa)
A return to power of 3 wildly different pieces of console hardware ala PS2/GCN/Xbox with the first mover advantage making the difference

.... it's kinda creepy how it's all falling into line.

AzaK

Ahh.. Sigmund. I thought so. A Sid and Marty Kroft creation, if I recall correctly.
(there I go showing my age again..)

Yeah Sid and Marty Kroft. One of the few "entities" in this world that proved copious amounts of drugs can actually create good in this world.

The PSP was pretty relevant wasn't it? It took a while longer for it to take off. And I don't know... the console space in Japan is pretty borked at this point. I mean, we had FF XIII-2 and One Piece Musou as the most relevant consoles releases. I wonder how the Japanese development community will react to the Wii U. Except for Kojima Productions offcourse.
Is it what! The Wii itself is now moving at a snails pace (7k this week) and is only at 12 mill whereas the PS2 is nearly at 22. Sure it's had all those other years to get there but at it's own slow pace I guess the majority of that was in it's heyday. There's lots of potential customers for Wii still but they're not buying.

And not to spook anyone, but things continue to line up with my prognosis for the future of the upcoming generation...

One entrant being excised from the industry (but despite the Sony situation, a modest console could save them and push MS out of the picture, or vice versa)
A return to power of 3 wildly different pieces of console hardware ala PS2/GCN/Xbox with the first mover advantage making the difference

Were you the one suggesting that Wii U would become the Eastern developer's platform of choice? I really hope not because I'm so looking forward to all those core western franchises.

HylianTom

Banned

One entrant being excised from the industry (but despite the Sony situation, a modest console could save them and push MS out of the picture)
A return to power of 3 wildly different pieces of console hardware ala PS2/GCN/Xbox

This place is going to be incredible to be around should one of the big three ever exit. Holy crap. That's the kind of earthquake that would be bigger than Sega exiting. It'd be the equivalent of the poles shifting.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this generation pans-out. I'm still somewhat convinced that Iwata sees priority #1 as safely steering Nintendo through this "financially transitional" period for the industry.

Sadist

You really think that Sony has the power to push MS out of the market? The way I see it, MS made some major steps with the Xbox brand this gen especially in the US. If the rumours are true about an all purpose Xbox, I expect it to be the top dog in America.

Nintendo and Sony are both wildcards in the next few years.

HylianTom

Banned
You really think that Sony has the power to push MS out of the market? The way I see it, MS made some major steps with the Xbox brand this gen especially in the US. If the rumours are true about a all purpose Xbox, I expect it to be the top dog in America.

Nintendo and Sony are both wildcards in the next few years.

I think Microsoft is as indestructible as a console maker can ever get. The only thing that could ever stop Microsoft at this point is Microsoft.. its investors, to be more specific.

Christine

Whatever Vita's long-term prospects, it's outright impossible for it to command the Japanese development resources at U's launch that PSP did prior to Wii's launch.

Granted, the budget tiers are a little different this time around.

I think Microsoft is as indestructible as a console maker can ever get. The only thing that could ever stop Microsoft at this point is Microsoft.. its investors, to be more specific.

Pretty much. Unless they lose a shit ton of money they will never leave the console race.

Sadist

Yup. They've built strong ties with third party developers regarding the development process of the 360, development of games, online stuff and more. The chances of them bailing out are slim to none I'd say.

HylianTom

Banned
Don't worry, all will be forgiven with the Final Fantasy Versus XIII (renamed Final Fantasy XV) for Wii U betrayalton at E3.

Honestly.. give me a percentage: what do you think the chances of such a thing are?

It'd be hysterical, but still.. so, so slim..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

$349 (and a 3DS-like bomba launch with another Ambassador Program the following year)
November 18th, 2012
New Super Mario Bros Mii, Pikmin 3, Star Tropics Adventure
pi/2
GTA V at launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom