• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAPitts

Wii U Speculation Thread V: more whining and complaining over stuff that nobody has control over, and is really not that important in the first place

aka

More whining and complaining over USB 3.0

Cygnus X-1

I can't believe this thread is approaching AGAIN 400 pages. This means that we'll have a FIFTH thread on Wii U SPECULATION.

That's beyond crazy.

I can't believe this thread is approaching AGAIN 400 pages. This means that we'll have a FIFTH thread on Wii U SPECULATION.

That's beyond crazy.

We'll likely be well into the sixth by Nintendo's E3 conference, barring the unlikely event that there's enough news by then as to make a speculation thread pointless.

We'll likely be well into the sixth by Nintendo's E3 conference, barring the unlikely event that there's enough news by then as to make a speculation thread pointless.

We should be on the sixth if we're starved for news or somewhere higher than that if we get a steady stream of leaks.

…that was not intended to sound like a double entendre.

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Wii U Speculation Thread VI title speculation thread

I'll have my submissions ready before we hit page 3.

Cygnus X-1

Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Prequel to Wii U Speculation Thread VI

Wiiu speculation thread 5: Infinite and beyond

Wii U Speculation Thread V: I Am Your Father, Hype...

WiiU speculation thread 5: Teasing fanboys since 1985

Edit: I wouldn't mind making it :)

Wii U Speculation Thread V: Other M(iyamoto): The baby, The Reggie Baby

Wii U Speculation Thread V - Dawn of the Final Month

Wii U Speculation Thread V : The Hype Strikes Back

Well, since we're in the Final Thousand Stretch, here are some updated statistics on the Current Generation of Wii U Speculation Thread. It's definitely been an improvement over previous gens in performance, though each generation's improvement seems to be less and less.

WUST_120503a.png

As you can see, very early on in the generation, performance was poor, but posters quickly optimized their activities and have brought this thread to unparalleled levels of speed. There was only really one edge case where Thread The Third defeated Thread IV -- that'd be April 25th, and you can feel free to speculate why that happened.

For what it's worth, we have about 530 posts so far for today. We're running strong for the day, but we were kinda killed a bit by a longish server downtime. At the current rate, we should be done by tomorrow, on day twenty-three.

…I still have no idea why I'm doing this, but I am enjoying it immensely. :D

Your title lacks point symmetry!

Wii U Speculation Thread V : ʌ pɐǝɹɥʇ uoıʇɐןnɔǝds n ııʍ

I can't believe this. I can't believe this. I can't believe this.

What the hell guys.

Nibel

Just read the last pages

Wii U Speculation Thread V - Dawn of the Final Month fucking killed me - MM moon themed Wii U spec/e3 thread

Subtitle it "the end is nigh" or "now we get serious" or something.

Just on the theory that real leaks should begin to spring as we near E3...

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I've only been banned twice...
That's more than what I've had in over 10 years. If this new thread is only going to last 2 weeks, I can see you being around. But, personally, I barely see you making it to E3, and there's no chance in hell of you making it through E3.

Wii U Speculation thread V: Can a mod please rename the title?
I like it. We all know they'll change it anyway. The MM theme is nice, but it's done every year in one form or another.

That's more than what I've had in over 10 years. If this new thread is only going to last 2 weeks, I can see you being around. But, personally, I barely see you making it to E3, and there's no chance in hell of you making it through E3.

Yes, the NeoGAF E3 Poster Instability Rule. As proximity closeness to early June decreases gets less far, frequency of bans in Gaming-side threads increases dramatically. The time of year somehow completely unhinges normally intelligent, mature posters and turns them into writhing ragemachines.

edit: there, fixed the formula!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Yes, the NeoGAF E3 Poster Instability Rule. As proximity to early June decreases, frequency of bans in Gaming-side threads increases dramatically. The time of year somehow completely unhinges normally intelligent, mature posters and turns them into writhing ragemachines.
Shouldn't it be 'As the proximity increases'?

HylianTom

Banned
I just realized:
- today is my five-year NeoGAF anniversary. Holy crap.
- I haven't been banned here yet. (although I'm sure I've come close)

And I'm also liking the "next gen gaming on your porch" title for some reason..

I just realized:
- today is my five-year NeoGAF anniversary. Holy crap.
- I haven't been banned here yet. (although I'm sure I've come close)

And I'm also liking the "next gen gaming on your porch" title for some reason..

Being banned is the coolest. I do it all the time.

Sadist

I have a feeling I'm missing a few, though.

- Transformers Fall of Cybertron (I guess Activision wouldn't release a late port)
- Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors's Edge
- Darksiders II
- Ghost Recon Online
- Madden 13
- FIFA 13
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
- Dead Space 3 (Rumoured)
- DiRT
- F1 2012

snesfreak

Banned
Being banned sucks, especially when it's for something stupid that could have been avoided.
Or undeserved, both have happened to me.

- Transformers Fall of Cybertron (I guess Activision wouldn't release a late port)
- Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors's Edge
- Darksiders II
- Ghost Recon Online
- Madden 13
- FIFA 13
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
- Dead Space 3 (Rumoured)
- DiRT
- F1 2012

Aren't all of those releasing in Q2 or Q3 on other platforms? I guess I could count games releasing in September, but I'd generally consider ports even tardier than that (like DSII, Batman: AC, and NG3) irrelevant and a poor predictor of future third-party support.

BurntPork

Banned
Being banned sucks, especially when it's for something stupid that could have been avoided.
Or undeserved, both have happened to me.
Hey, at least you never got a demeaning ban message telling you join GoBannedsite's forum. :/

And yes, I know I'll be preemptively banned before E3, but I promise you that will be the last one.

On topic, I want the MM reference.

lednerg

Found this:

basettachargerwiiu.png

here:
http://www.uspto.gov/

(Kudos to a friend of mine: Topy the sage)

I think it will work as the 3DS one (with both usb and normal charger possibilities)

What is that thing on the top edge, next to the R button? Looks like a brightness slider or something. Never saw that before.

EDIT: Nvm, it's in other pics. I just never noticed it.

Sadist

Aren't all of those releasing in Q2 or Q3 on other platforms? I guess I could count games releasing in September, but I'd generally consider ports even tardier than that (like DSII, Batman: AC, and NG3) irrelevant and a poor predictor of future third-party support.
Point taken. I believe the only non-september release is... Pro Evolution Soccer. Still, I can't think of any other titles releasing around Q4 this year.

Penguin

When does Borderlands 2 drop?

Ideamans hints about the OS having some secret stuff going on had me thinking.

Maybe the uPad just isnt the true "revolutionary" feature of the WiiU. Why would Nintendo show off their "main attraction" of their new console and then keep quiet for A FREAKING YEAR! (With a few tidbits in January and April). The OS (according to Ideaman) is kept a secret up until now. Someone (Maybe it was also Ideaman who posted it but im not sure) said that in June there would be new devkits. So they show their revolutionary OS feature/s on E3 and after that the final devkits with enabled OS features will be available for the developers.

The reason why the uPad was revealed so early was propably to throw of the competition, making them belive the uPad is THE thing of the WiiU. I think we really could be surprised by what the OS offeres and that could be a bigger thing that the uPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom