• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggroin

Banned
I pre-ordered a Wii-U the first minute it was available to do so at Best Buy. Paid in full for delivery to my house.

Chances I'll see it day one?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I don't think so, we usually get an announcement closer to midnight. Nintendo's Facebook hyping Scribblenauts makes me think that at least a third party WiiU ND showcase is likely.

Couldn't it be something as simple as new information just about Scribblenauts?

AGITΩ

I pre-ordered a Wii-U the first minute it was available to do so at Best Buy. Paid in full for delivery to my house.

day one? 0% no delivery on sunday. Now if youre saying getting your system at all? 99% since the ship to store comes from distric warehouses, not from in store inventory.

TriGen

It releases on Sunday, so none. I don't think they will deliver right away, but Monday or Tuesday is likely.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Couldn't it be something as simple as new information just about Scribblenauts?

Sure, but why withhold it until the seventeenth? And why are retail chains getting WiiU demos plus the first WiiU commercial airing on the seventeenth? Not to mention Straight Right recently saying one of their WiiU ports would be announced soon...

It could be a huge coincidence, but it's too much for me to not be at least cautiously optimistic for a ND announcement soon.

Thanks for the ND replies. With the way Nintendo has been keeping WiiU information on lock down, I would assume the Scribblenauts announcement is part of a bigger blowout.

The_Lump

Banned
Hmmmm, a whole ND for Scribblenauts?

Would be nice if they had a mini blowout on some of the 3rd party games. Seems so weird we're still not seeing detailed looks at launch games this close to the off.

Edit: Agree with above post :)

The_Lump

Banned
Sure, but why withhold it until the seventeenth? And why are retail chains getting WiiU demos plus the first WiiU commercial airing on the seventeenth? Not to mention Straight Right recently saying one of their WiiU ports would be announced soon...

It could be a huge coincidence, but it's too much for me to not be at least cautiously optimistic for a ND announcement soon.

So.......Hype?

Het_Nkik

8ixmF.jpg

Pubic hair included with setup?

The_Lump

Banned
Oh wow, tomorrow its already the day, that was fast xD.

Now, time to wait for new Nintendo Direct. October 23 or 24 (that's my bet).

We've already established that 17th Oct is Hyper Nintendo Blowout Day - stop ruining it with your rationale!

ASIS

Wow, i just realized that exactly a year ago me and some Gaffers were hyping The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword like mad! I can't believe its already been one year since we were looking forward to the next 20 second video from gameinformer.. just wow.

Compared to that, my hype for the WiiU is actually pretty mild. I just hope for a Nintendo Direct soon though.

Meelow

Banned
Wow, i just realized that exactly a year ago me and some Gaffers were hyping The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword like mad! I can't believe its already been one year since we were looking forward to the next 20 second video from gameinformer.. just wow.

Compared to that, my hype for the WiiU is actually pretty mild. I just hope for a Nintendo Direct soon though.

Yeah the hype for Skyward Sword was pretty huge, this is what happened to Wii U

E3 2011 - good hype
close to E3 2012 - a lot of hype
E3 2012 - zero hype
Fall September Conference - good hype

Nintendo just really needs to go all out before launch to get back to a lot of hype.

I have $307 paid off on my preorder. unst unst

Just wondering what games to get aside from Mario. Scribblenauts maybe, but I haven't played any of them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom