• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Aye, going to pick up at least a Wii Motion + and a Nunchuck along with any Wii games. Wii remotes are bloody expensive though brand new.
Don't go foolishly in, you'll always be able to play SMG and SSB or their sequels. What you may never, ever get a chance to experience are these true gems:
  • BWII
  • Excite Truck
  • Geometry Wars: Galaxies
  • Zack & Wiki
  • Sin and Punishment 2
  • Dewy's Adventure
Ever.

Have the last few e3's taught everyone nothing? You shouldn't bother expecting good things out of them anymore... E3 has become the hub for news for semi-gamers... dominated by things like "look how many sports channels we have!" and "ZUMBA FITNESS!!!!"

I fully expect that the full reveal for both consoles will be pre-e3, probably by a week or two or at the VERY latest a few days before hand, then the rest of e3 will be them targetting their masses (see wonderbook and kinect)

F#A#Oo

Banned
Don't go foolishly in, you'll always be able to play SMG and SSB or their sequels. What you may never, ever get a chance to experience are these true gems:
  • BWII
  • Excite Truck
  • Zack & Wiki
  • Sin and Punishment 2
  • Dewy's Adventure
Ever.

This man is correct!

Aye, going to pick up at least a Wii Motion + and a Nunchuck along with any Wii games. Wii remotes are bloody expensive though brand new.

Hit up your cleanest pawn shop, and enjoy your pick of the rainbow at half price.

I can go in to my local "Pawn America" which is a chain that's kept very clean and only puts out mostly clean merch, and snag a wiimote plus for $20, and nunchuck for $10. Managed to snag a Motion+ attachment for $6 the other day, which saved me some cash on having to replace the one remaining OG remote I had. (Now I have my 3 black mote+'s with nunchucks, and a white with nunchuck and m+ attachment ... 5 player here I come!)

But seriously, there are sooooooooooo many of these things out there, and soooooooooooo many people who pawned them.

Hopes running high again. I sincerely doubt we'll see Bayonetta 2 soon. If they had something they could have shown off a little when it was revealed. Probably a ways away. And E3 could have a Zelda or a Mario but I doubt both. Wouldn't surprise me if another Nintendo franchise showed up that isn't a heavy hitter.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The Chinese securities firms have been actively reporting about Foxconn, Lingsen/InvenSense and Coxon Group today and yesterday. I found this interesting:

Estimated according exploring TRi Nintendo Wii U listed just in time for the end of the year Christmas season, estimated the 4th quarter of this year, sales volume of up to 300 million units. Looking to next year, driven by new machine Wii Series 2013 shipments of approximately 12.8 million units, the annual growth rate of 5 percent, a game console sales volume championship next year.
Source: http://www.entrust.com.tw/file/1011016晨報.pdf

It's of course Engrish (translated with Google Translate) so it's difficult to understand what is meant here. Most interesting is the mention of "sales volume of up to 300 million units". Could it be software sales?

2. WiiU brightness relative Concept shares interesting. (BUSINESS the securities front page)
Recommendation: Japan's Nintendo (Nintendo) hoping to take the end of November, European and American Thanksgiving shopping season, a new generation of game consoles Wii U will be Nov. 18 in the United States Went on sale. The the Taiwan plant Wii U chassis supply, assembled by Foxconn and Valley Song also hung quasi 2354 Foxconn overall benefit from the degree of Wii U darker and iPhone 5 theme of the 2354 Hung quasi proposed to maintain buy, 2012, 2013 year EPS were 6.2, 8.4, recommended in the 3607 Valley Song Established. The 2369 Mitsubishi Health also supply Wii U MEMS, MEMS customers only InverSense showed a trend of high growth and accounted for only Mitsubishi Health revenue 5%, Born 2369 Mitsubishi operational impact is not large, and the second half of the year performance flat fourth quarter into analog products off-season, neutral recommendations. Another 2337 Macronix also supply Wii U Nor Flash quantity and contribution level is not high, it is recommended that for the neutral.
Source: http://www.ezway.tw/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/1011016-投顧元大台股日報-早會重點摘要.pdf

I don't know if this Mitsubishi Healthcare has anything to do with Wii U, but 2369 is Lingsen anyway. I've seen comments about the chassis being manufactured now as well. Coxon Group manufactures the chassis.

Premium Black Wii U Console
New Super Mario Bros. U
Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing
Assassin's Creed III
And a Pro Controller, but I couldn't preorder that at GameStop, so I'll get it on launch day.

Really? I was able to pre-order mine in-store. If you want the black pro controller, the SKU is 803389.

Rösti;43270680 said:
what is meant here. Most interesting is the mention of "sales volume of up to 300 million units". Could it be software sales?

I was thinking it might be the total number of units that Foxconn factory is producing for all of their clients. Hard to say though.

Meelow

Banned
Need some help guys picking out my third launch game.

I'm getting

-Deluxe Wii U

Games:

-Nintendo Land (of course)
-Assassin's Creed 3

But I am having a hard time picking what the third game is, I am thinking between Ninja Gaiden 3, Darksiders 2, Zombi U, or Tekken.

Roo

I'm getting

-Deluxe Wii U

Games:

-Assassin's Creed 3

But I am having a hard time picking what the third game is, I am thinking between Ninja Gaiden 3, Darksiders 2, Zombi U, or Tekken.

ZombiU of course
I'll get all the games you listed at launch except for NG3 so what do I know :p

I'm getting

-Deluxe Wii U

Games:

-Assassin's Creed 3

I'm in the same predicament actually. I want to hold off on NG3 and ZombiU until I see reviews, but I also want to use that Newegg promo code. I wouldn't go Darksiders 2 though considering I've heard mixed impressions. I'm really leaning towards ZombiU because it just looks so damn cool, but then again I haven't had a Ninja Gaiden game since the NES and I haven't had a fighting game (besides SSB) since Mortal Kombat on the SNES.

I'm probably a terrible person to be helping you out here. :p

http://kotaku.com/5952245/my-favorite-new-wii-u-stat

Seems like a pointless factoid, but cool to see less than 3 seconds for Wii U to transfer game from TV to controller...

Though brings up my other problem... which is why there isn't a uniformed way to move the game from one device to another.

The Activision guy made a good point, though. The Wii U is fast, but that kind of transfer would probably not be that quick in real life. Why? Because no gamer is going to surrender the TV that quickly.

That was pretty funny.

I agree with you though, I think Nintendo should insist on making one button/button combo the standard from going from TV to Gamepad. This is the first I've heard of pressing +/- to make the switch, but I've also seen pausing the game with the + button and choosing "switch to Gamepad" (Nano Assault) and I've heard others say the TV button does it.

Penguin

The Activision guy made a good point, though. The Wii U is fast, but that kind of transfer would probably not be that quick in real life. Why? Because no gamer is going to surrender the TV that quickly.

That was pretty funny.

I agree with you though, I think Nintendo should insist on making one button/button combo the standard from going from TV to Gamepad. This is the first I've heard of pressing +/- to make the switch, but I've also seen pausing the game with the + button and choosing "switch to Gamepad" (Nano Assault) and I've heard others say the TV button does it.

And believe Mass Effect 3 has you swipe up or down on the controller.

Bumhead

Banned
  • BWII
  • Excite Truck
  • Zack & Wiki
  • Sin and Punishment 2
  • Dewy's Adventure
Ever.

A few of those are on my list already, including Zack & Wiki, Sin and Punishment 2 and Excite Truck. My local independent store has Zack & Wiki for something daft like £4 and I've definitely seen Sin and Punishment in there before.

What's BWII?

Hit up your cleanest pawn shop, and enjoy your pick of the rainbow at half price.

I can go in to my local "Pawn America" which is a chain that's kept very clean and only puts out mostly clean merch, and snag a wiimote plus for $20, and nunchuck for $10. Managed to snag a Motion+ attachment for $6 the other day, which saved me some cash on having to replace the one remaining OG remote I had. (Now I have my 3 black mote+'s with nunchucks, and a white with nunchuck and m+ attachment ... 5 player here I come!)

But seriously, there are sooooooooooo many of these things out there, and soooooooooooo many people who pawned them.

Cheapest I can find a WM+ for is around £22, with Nunchuck's at around £7. Much cheaper than brand new. Only problem with that is the £22 WM+ involves dealing with CEX, and much of their stock winds up being pretty revolting. I'll check the condition before I buy though. You're right though, there's that many of them around, the odds are certainly in my favour to try and pick up some deals.

Meelow

Banned
ZombiU of course
I'll get all the games you listed at launch except for NG3 so what do I know :p

I'm in the same predicament actually. I want to hold off on NG3 and ZombiU until I see reviews, but I also want to use that Newegg promo code. I wouldn't go Darksiders 2 though considering I've heard mixed impressions. I'm really leaning towards ZombiU because it just looks so damn cool, but then again I haven't had a Ninja Gaiden game since the NES and I haven't had a fighting game (besides SSB) since Mortal Kombat on the SNES.

See if the Mass Effect Trilogy was coming to Wii U at launch I'd probably get that, I am leaning towards Zombi U and Ninja Gaiden 3 but I don't know :(, and their is also Christmas where I could get one of the games as a gift, decisions decisions.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

ZombiU is the perfect launch title. A bit new, a bit tempting but you're a bit wary. Combined with the safe pair of hands that will be NSMBU and you're good to go.

I might tag on assassins creed and/or sonic racing but both of those can wait for price drops if needed

CoilShot

I'm getting

-Deluxe Wii U

Games:

-Assassin's Creed 3

I'm getting both ZombiU and Tekken but if I had to chose one I would go with ZombiU.

See if the Mass Effect Trilogy was coming to Wii U at launch I'd probably get that, I am leaning towards Zombi U and Ninja Gaiden 3 but I don't know :(, and their is also Christmas where I could get one of the games as a gift, decisions decisions.

This is part of my decision process as well. I'm thinking NG3 and ACIII can wait. ZombiU will have that community aspect to it online though so it might be worth picking up at launch when all the other Gaffers are talking about it.

Bumhead

Banned
Ah, cheers guys. I'll look into that.

Not to derail the thread from Wii U matters too much, but the list I have as of now is:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Bully
- Skyward Sword
- Resident Evil 4
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Metroid Prime Trilogy (if I can find it)
- Punch Out
- Zack & Wiki
- Sin and Punishment 1 and/or 2
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland
- Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Red Steel 2
- Goldeneye
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- House of the Dead: Overkill
- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
- Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
- Rythm Heaven Fever
- Wario Land Shake It
- Trauma Team
- Excite Truck
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies

The caveat to this list is that I don't realistically have time to play all of those, but I can make a pretty big dent into that list for relatively cheap and gets tons of great gaming out of it. I'm paying the price for ignoring the Wii for so long but any combination of those games plus Wii U stuff is going to make for a pretty exciting launch for me. Can't wait.

I'm very skeptical of Zombi U, honestly. I'm concerned it'll be this console's Red Steel - an attractive UbiSoft launch FPS title that turns out to be very underwhelming. Here's hoping I'm wrong, of course.

Personally, as far as launch titles go, I would (if I could afford it) buy:

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (ideally with Metal Sonic included - might spring for the PC version instead, I dunno)
  • MAYBE Assassin's Creed 3
...but I can't, because just buying the console put my video game savings account underwater. Probably will list some of these for Christmas, although I seriously doubt I can get the Metal Sonic bundle for a Christmas present.

CoilShot

I'm very skeptical of Zombi U, honestly. I'm concerned it'll be this console's Red Steel - an attractive UbiSoft launch FPS title that turns out to be very underwhelming. Here's hoping I'm wrong, of course.

Personally, as far as launch titles go, I would (if I could afford it) buy:

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (ideally with Metal Sonic included - might spring for the PC version instead, I dunno)
  • MAYBE Assassin's Creed 3
...but I can't, because just buying the console put my video game savings account underwater. Probably will list some of these for Christmas, although I seriously doubt I can get the Metal Sonic bundle for a Christmas present.

Just to let you realize that Red Steel was developed by Ubisoft Paris while ZombiU is developed by Ubisoft Montpellier. Ubisoft Montpellier is the developers behind Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends

Just to let you realize that Red Steel was developed by Ubisoft Paris while ZombiU is developed by Ubisoft Montpellier. Ubisoft Montpellier is the developers behind Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends

Are they developing ZombiU and Rayman Legends at the same time? Wow. Two games with great potential.

Ah, cheers guys. I'll look into that.

Not to derail the thread from Wii U matters too much, but the list I have as of now is:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Bully
- Skyward Sword
- Resident Evil 4
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Metroid Prime Trilogy (if I can find it)
- Punch Out
- Zack & Wiki
- Sin and Punishment 1 and/or 2
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland
- Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Red Steel 2
- Goldeneye
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- House of the Dead: Overkill
- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
- Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
- Rythm Heaven Fever
- Wario Land Shake It
- Trauma Team
- Excite Truck
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies

The caveat to this list is that I don't realistically have time to play all of those, but I can make a pretty big dent into that list for relatively cheap and gets tons of great gaming out of it. I'm paying the price for ignoring the Wii for so long but any combination of those games plus Wii U stuff is going to make for a pretty exciting launch for me. Can't wait.

Skyward Sword but no Twilight?

Excite Truck but no Excite Bots?

Also, JRPG essentials are The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom