• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts listed on E3 site

Not a big surprise assuming it's true, Activision has done a good job of supporting the Wii with it's multiplatform games so I assumed Wii U would also get the support (although I think BO2 did not so hot at Wii U launch). Nintendo likes to announce third party games itself, or something, which is weird, so I would guess they asked Activision to not talk about the Wii U version until E3 for whatever reasons..(or maybe it has to do with MS exclusive announce agreements or something, dunno).

And so the CoD on Nintendo consoles train rolls predictably along. Perhaps we'll get our first shots of it from screenshots on the packaging when it hits retail, like we did for Reflex?

can't wait for the first Wii U screens via the back of the game case

That's the one! :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Activision has been doing this since they released the first version for the Wii. It makes no sense, so it probably has something to do with their contract with Microsoft.

Treyarch is probably still doing the porting duties.

I don't get it. Its not like the Wii/Wii U versions have ever been competition for Microsoft.

I think COD wil come. I also think Destiny will come to wiiU. Activision have been pretty supportive as of late despite slow sales

If it's not this:

GhostDogs_WiiU.png

Then consider me disappointed.

Heyt

Banned
I wonder how smart the fish will be on the version of the game for the consoles that are already out.

I hope this time Nintendo actually help to promote this to their audience. Blops 2 was only announced a few months before the release and was badly advertised for Wii U. Hope they fix this now.

Meelow

Banned
Nintendo announcing partnership with Activision to announce COD Ghosts, Destiny, and Deadpool for Wii U at E3 2013!

Just wishful thinking lol.

But it doesn't make any sense to hide a Wii U version when all other versions are announced.

Heyt

Banned
Nintendo announcing partnership with Activision to announce COD Ghosts, Destiny, and Deadpool for Wii U at E3 2013!

Just wishful thinking lol.

But it doesn't make any sense to hide a Wii U version when all other versions are announced.

But sense is secondary to Nintendo. They also did the same thing last year with Black Ops 2.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Activision has been doing this since they released the first version for the Wii. It makes no sense, so it probably has something to do with their contract with Microsoft.

Treyarch is probably still doing the porting duties.

I don't get it. Its not like the Wii/Wii U versions have ever been competition for Microsoft.

Yeah I don't understand how a contract with Microsoft would let them announce a PS4 version and not a Wii U version.

noal

Banned
I'm not understanding why they keep the Nintendo versions so quiet, hey ho, quite enjoyed Black Ops 2 on Wii U so I'll keep my eyes open for when they do finally confirm this!

Mr Swine

Banned
I'm not understanding why they keep the Nintendo versions so quiet, hey ho, quite enjoyed Black Ops 2 on Wii U so I'll keep my eyes open for when they do finally confirm this!

Aren't they doing the same with the Vita version?

tkscz

If it isn't a mistake, then Nintendo is trying to keep it as a surprise to show at their E3 directs, but it's CoD, it wouldn't be surprising if it came to a Commador 64.

noal

Banned
Aren't they doing the same with the Vita version?

Oh, you're right, it just seems strange is all; it's not like everyone doesn't expect this to come to every viable platform available, so I'm not sure why they keep certain versions so quiet.

Ridley327

If it isn't a mistake, then Nintendo is trying to keep it as a surprise to show at their E3 directs, but it's CoD, it wouldn't be surprising if it came to a Commador 64.

They're probably padding out what third party multiplats that they have to announce for E3. Nothing surprising (and, conversely, exciting) about that.

.la1n

Please let the Wii U version have better support than the abysmal support shown for Black Ops 2.

bustin98

I think Activision is holding off on the announcement because Nintendo wants to make a big splash of it at E3 during one of their Directs. There's probably some exclusive mode or something with the gamepad that goes beyond Black Ops 2.

Top Bottom