• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii VC: Bomberman 93 and 94: What's the difference?

I've heard 94 is the better game, but what makes it better? Should I wait on getting 94 if/when it is released on the US VC?

Thanks!

Even if Hudson Soft does finally manage to translate Bomberman 94, they won't sell it for a long long time, so that it won't cannibalise the sales of 93. Maybe in early 2008, when they are running out of new TurboGrafx games to release on the VC.

Markster

That didn't answer the question posed in the topic title, however.

I, too, would like to know why everyone complains that we are getting inferior Bomberman.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Bomberman '94 was never translated into English; has Hudson really committed to translating JPN-only releases?

Isn't Mega Bomberman on the Genesis the same game as '94?

mosaic

go eat paint
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Bomberman '94 was never translated into English; has Hudson really committed to translating JPN-only releases?
Weeellll... one could argue that Mega Bomberman for the Genesis was an English translation of Bomberman 94. The two games are identical in the ways that count.

Simple solution: release Mega Bomberman for Genesis on VC!

BTW -- the basic gist of Bomberman 94 over 93 is that 94 has the boxing glove, which lets you punch bombs over bricks, and little dinosaur buddies, which have helpful abilities and act as a de facto single use shield. If you get hit by a blast while riding a dino, the dino disappears and you keep on truckin'.

Top Bottom