• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

Amir0x

Banned
wii3.jpg

~thanks to radioheadrule83 for the image~

EVENT INFO

Wii_english_email_invite1589.jpg

This is the megaton event for anyone interested in what the Wii has to offer - it's almost certain that we will get at least some the following info out of this event:

● Price
● Release Date
● Launch Games
● WiiConnect24 Info
● Some New Games
● Hands-on impressions of the latest

This is NOT a speculation thread anymore... we're at critical mass, a little under 23 hours to go until the apocalypse. If you like to continue to speculate/etc, please contribute to koam's awesome thread. koam also contributed most of the healthy info we have so far from the original thread. Thank you, koam sir.

TIME

Thanks again to koam for setting this up nice and neatly -

Japan Event first:
2:00PM (Thursday) - 8:00PM(Thursday) Japan Time

Note: FOR SOME REASON, THESE TIMES ARE OFF. SKIP SAYS IT STARTS IN 3 HOURS OR SO (it's 10:00 round about). THE GWN BLOG IS FAKE. DONT POST IT. THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL GET THE REAL STUFF WHEN IT IS READY.

US Event comes second:
10:00AM (Thursday) - 4:00PM (Thursday) EDT
7:00AM (Thursday) - 1:00PM (Thursday) PDT
2:00PM (Thursday) - 8:00PM (Thursday) GMT/UTC
3:00PM (Thursday) - 9:00PM (Thursday) BST
11:00PM (Thursday) - 5:00AM (Friday) Japan Time

Finally the Europe event comes third:
8:00AM (Friday) - 2:00PM (Friday) EDT
5:00AM (Friday) - 11:00AM (Friday) PDT
11:00AM (Friday) - 5:00PM (Friday) GMT/UTC
12:00PM (Friday) - 6:00PM (Friday) BST
10:00PM (Friday) - 4:00AM (Saturday) Japan Time

EVENT NEWS

Here will be where you can come back to see what was revealed. It will be updated periodically during the event, so check back and see. For a convenient direct link for your notepad, click here. Thanks to PanterLotus, IGN and others for contributing images.

Wii SYSTEM LAUNCH DETAILS

● The Release date of Wii will be November 19th in the US (1)
● The Price of Wii will be $250 (1)
● The Wii will come packed with WiiSports (1)
● In Japan, Wii is gonna cost 25000yen ($212~ after tax), but won't include WiiSports (1)
● In Japan, the system will be packed with 1 Wii console, 1 Wii remote (w/ strap), nunchuck attachment, Wii AC adaptor, Wii A/V cable, Wii console stand(?), sensor bar, sensor bar stand and two AA batteries. Also, it seems the 25,000 yen price includes tax. (1)
● Wii Sports will retail for 4800yen
● Classic controller retails for 1800yen
● Wiimote retails for 3800yen
● Nunchuck attachment retails for 1800yen
● Component cables included with Wii out of the box in the US
● Opera browser is free as a download until June 2007, after that you will have to pay (1)
● Region free 1st-party titles, optional for 3rd-party devs
● EURO: December 8, 2006
● EURO: £179 (249 Euros)
● EURO: 39 Euros (£29 in UK) Wii Remote
● EURO: 19 Euros (£14 in UK) Nunchuck attachment
● EURO: 19 Euros (£14 in UK) Classic Controller

Wii GAMES LAUNCH DETAILS

● For a complete list of games that will appear at the US launch of Wii, check the link. (1)
● For Japan: Zelda will cost 6800yen, and launch with the system. Other Nintendo launch games in Japan are Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Pokemon Revolution and WiiSports. (1)
● Pokemon Battle Revolution is the only online Wii launch game in japan from the looks of things - interfaces directly with the DS Pokemon Diamond/Pearl to boot. (1)
● There is a ton of Zelda: Twilight Princess media you can check out. Looks nice. Unfortunately, the GCN version of the game was delayed until December 11th - aka screw you Nintendo x2. (1)
● Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam, which is essentially SSX on pavement, also has some new screens to show off. Improved over E3. (1)
● Wii Sports. Packed in with every Wii, so you might as well get familiar with the game. Here are some screens. (1)
● Ubisoft's very own Red Steel is coming along...interestingly. Check out the less rewarding Yakuza in these screens. (1)
● Excite Truck, the spirtual successor to the Excite Bike series, is certainly looking blazingly fast and well, er, exciting. Check the images. (1)
● Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, the game where you make an ass of yourself to entertain your peers, is sharing the launch love. Lots of media. (1)
● Surely Activision can't be left out... so it's bringing the Wii version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance at launch. Screens at link. (1)
● Atlus is probably the most surprising show at launch. Trauma Center Wii, which is essentially a "Wiimake" of the DS title according to the devs, is said to be pretty fun. (1)
● Super Monkey Ball Wii has a metric ton of mini-games - surprise surprise - as well as the classic gameplay. You tilt with wiimote, predictably enough. Looks/seems nice. (1)
● In Elebits, you toss around objects to try to find little electrical creatures. And you can do this competitively too. Seems quirky, in the Katamari kind of way. Screens at link. (1)

Wii VIRTUAL CONSOLE

● Thanks to ESRB, the first set of confirmed SEGA games (not called Sonic) for the Virtual Console have been revealed. (1)
● 1up podcast revealed that Hudson is working on at least 30 Virtual console games for the Wii. (1, 2, 3)
● Virtual console games will retail for $5-$10. (1)
● MSX joins the list of consoles playable on Virtual Console. (1)

AND EVERYTHING ELSE

● A brand new batch of Sonic Wild Fire screens. Looks like they got a far better direction going on then that other Sonic game. (1)
● The first details on Tamagotchi Wii have been revealed - it's, like, a board game and you must become president of the planet. Or something. (1)
● Well, it's not a launch game I don't think but PROJECT H.A.M.M.E.R. also had some new screens. (1, 2)
● Super Mario Galaxy is one of the few games that actually doesn't look like a Gamecube title, and thank God. Sunburst Mario ftw. (1)
● Batallion Wars 2, aka Bwii 2, also has a nice batch of direct feed images for you. (1)
● Metroid Prime III is delayed, but at least we have new screens and info. Oh hey wait screw you Nintendo. (1, 2)
● Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2... is coming out for Wii as well as PS2. So, uhm, you can use the remote to mimick abilities from this series. I suppose that's worth it to some subset of individuals. (1)
● One of the new games Nintendo announced was - wait for it - Big Brain Academy Wii. Yes, i'm sure most of you are so excited. Check out an image from it at the link. (1)
● Super Mario Strikers Chargers is still in the same place it was at Leipzig GC, so not much to see. Still, check out the images. (1)
● There's a lot of new information about Biohazard Wii to digest. Start reading up at the link. (1)
● Thanks to IGN, we have a brand new video of Rayman Raving Rabbids. (1)
● Nintendo launches it's official Wii website, located at the link. Lots of nice videos! (1)
● Nintendo reveals several interesting Wii Interface applications - Wii Weather, which allows you to check the weather obviously, and Wii News... along with photo and avatar editing software. It's quite snazzy. Check the official site. (1)

CONCLUSION

This is it bitches AGAIN. Let's try to keep this thread civil (until the megaton is either good or bad of course), and remember this thread is for the sane side of the Wii Event discussion.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
We had the speculation thread, then the fake start thread, it's not Wii3 for nothing!

Duderz

Banned
$250 is disappointing, but at least we got confirmation that Virtual Console games won't cost more than $10 and that it comes packaged with Wii Sports.

I wonder if it also comes with several free VC games? I doubt it.

Ugh!!! I'm going to miss both the PS3 and Wii launch now! God this is so irritating that I'm not going to be in the country at that time. Sigh....

Pellham

Banned
Eh I doubt anyone complaining about 250 would have bought the system at 200 anyway.

I will still get it cause I'm not GAF enough to care about a $50 difference. Better than buying a $600 doorstop.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SolidSnakex said:
They're including Wiisports so it'd make sense for another controller to be there also.

I like the idea of a pack in game and an extra controller, I miss those days.

Dirtbag

250 for wii, misses the mark

Next / New Gen pricing sucks ass. You'd think with the surge in new gamers, and in-game advertising, and micro-transactions, and virtual console/live arcade games.. that the big 3 are making enough money to give us some realistic launch prices... damn what are the next round of systems going to cost?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
SolidSnakex said:
They're including Wiisports so it'd make sense for another controller to be there also.

that's pretty much spot on with what i was thinking as well...2 wii controllers in the package. not so much the pack-in game.

if the nunchucks come with them, it won't be a bad deal

back in the old days we had to send a registration card for the extra controller :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
TheGreatDave said:
I get the impression this thread isn't going to be as upbeat...

Have you seen last year's TGS thread? Overreactions from GAF happens every single time. Give it a few pages and it'll be a complete reversal. :lol

Juice

Pellham said:
Eh I doubt anyone complaining about 250 would have bought the system at 200 anyway.

I will still get it cause I'm not GAF enough to care about a $50 difference. Better than buying a $600 doorstop.

Umm, I would have bought it anyway. And yeah, I think that price point is going to inhibit adoption of the system after its first month or two. So I'm complaining.

SuomiDude

I wouldn't take that 250$ as a fact yet. I'll wait for the official announcement. Though if it's really that price, I hope at least 2 Wiimotes included as well.

BorkBork said:
Have you seen last year's TGS thread? Overreactions from GAF happens every single time. Give it a few pages and it'll be a complete reversal. :lol

:lol I was pissed for about 5 minutes, realised I was going to have bought WiiSports anyway, and came to accept it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
BorkBork said:

Or at the very least a few days, I mean I don't see that PS3 price dropping any time soon.

I'm seriously expecting that by the end of this thread someone will be going "What? You mean Nintendo isn't paying ME to play their fairy wand games?"

Dirtbag

Juice said:
Umm, I would have bought it anyway. And yeah, I think that price point is going to inhibit adoption of the system after its first month or two. So I'm complaining.

I'm starting to feel like all the consoles are missing consumers' price points when balanced against their value.

Shard said:
I like the idea of a pack in game and an extra controller, I miss those days.

They're marketing the game based on "Wii" (as in multiple people) so it'd only make sense to start the system off so atleast 2 people would be able to play it right out the box. I guess we'll see though.

Top Bottom