• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Hearts |OT| Kemeno Hunter World

anthony2690

Banned
wild-hearts-featured-image.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1023w.jpg

About The Game:​

Master ancient tech to hunt down giant beasts. WILD HEARTS™ is a twist on the hunting genre where technology gives you a fighting chance against giant nature-infused beasts. Hunt alone or with friends.

Tame A World Gone Wild:​

No one remembers why the Kemono began their rampage. These giant beasts wield the power of nature itself, and none could stand against their might. Until you, hunter, armed with deadly weapons and ancient Karakuri technology, could turn the tide of battle.

wild-hearts-overview-page-media-01-welcome-section-16x9-1.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.767w.jpg

Welcome to Azuma:​

Despite the destruction wrought by the Kemono, the land of Azuma remains quite beautiful. In WILD HEARTSyou'll explore this fantasy world inspired by feudal Japan – from its flower-filled meadows to towering ruins.

wild-hearts-monsters-kemono.jpg

Hunt Giant Natured-Infused Beasts:​

Kemono are the embodiment of the power of nature. These giant beasts fused with natural elements over time, modifying their environment to accommodate their needs. How can mere humans hope to take down such massive foes?

4044884-bohni_01_ape_4k-%281%29.jpg

Craft Your Hunting Ground:​

You are the only one in Azuma able to wield the Karakuri technology. This ancient tech enables you to adapt your environment into creative hunting grounds ideal for taking down the giant Kemono.

ss_05f1aa4f576bca9d91d742c511b4792232519bf7.1920x1080.jpg

Gear Up to Hunt, Hunt to Gear Up:​

The more you hunt, the more you progress. Create your character, then gather materials from each hunt and build an array of armor and weapons to bring down even bigger beasts.

Wild-Hearts-2-6e98710a3ad40c77aa3f.jpg

Hunt In a Pack Or Be a Lone Wolf:​

For some, the thrill of the hunt is best savored alone. But even the most deadly hunter may face a beast they cannot take down on their own. In WILD HEARTS you can unite with up to two friends (or other players) to stalk and hunt your prey.

Weapons Available At Launch:​

Claw Blade
Bow
Karakuri Katana
Blades Wagasa
Cannon
Nodachi
Maul
Karakuri Staff.

Introduction To Weapons:​

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/wild-hearts/wild-hearts/news/weapons-introduction

Different Types Of Karakuri:
Basic Karakuri
– that can assist you in exploring hunting areas and fighting Kemono
Fusion Karakuri – that can offer protection or increased damage
Dragon Karakuri – extra-powerful weapons and devices with special characteristics, but requiring more materials to build

WILD HEARTS FAQ:​

WHEN WILL WILD HEARTS™ LAUNCH WORLDWIDE?​

You will be able to join the hunt on February 17, 2023.

WHAT PLATFORMS WILL WILD HEARTS BE AVAILABLE ON?​

PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Origin, EA App, Steam, and Epic Games Store).

WILL CROSSPLAY SUPPORT BE AVAILABLE?​

Yes, WILD HEARTS supports crossplay. You’ll be able to seamlessly join two friends on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Origin, Steam, and Epic Games Store) to hunt down Kemono.

WILL THERE BE AN EARLY ACCESS TRIAL FOR EA PLAY MEMBERS?​

Yes! EA Play members will be able to try WILD HEARTS starting three days prior to launch. EA Play members and Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will be able to play up to the gates of Minato starting February 13, 2023.

Quality & Performance Modes:​

PS5 & XSX
Performance: 1080p/60fps
Quality 4k/30fps.

Kemeno (Monsters):​

20+ at launch in addition to others, such as deer and rabbits, more being added after launch.
Smaller Kemono can be captured as pets and give you special rewards via Karakuri enclosures you can build for them.

Post Launch Content & Monetisation:​

All Post Launch Content Free, no MTX plans.

Story Trailer:​

Gameplay Reveal Trailer:​

Karakuri Deep Dive Trailer:​

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
My first OT, a little frustrated with the layout, I would try remove line breaks etc, and then the text below would go bold and other stuff, I apologise it isn't the cleanest, but I tried :)

I hope a few others here are looking forward to trying this game out too, I really hope it turns out great. :)

Esca

In really looking forward to trying the game since I have ea play atm since I bought a month to get dead space, new star wars preorder and to try this game to see if I get it

anthony2690

Banned
Game is releasing at a bad time. I'm interested by with Atomic Heart and PSVR2 releasing soon, I'm holding off on this, Like A Dragon: Ishin!, Wanted: Dead and HogLeg.
I think lunching so close to the juggernaut that is Hogwarts Legacy is probably a bad time (for any game really) XD

I hope you enjoy Atomic Heart & psvr2 💪

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I got a preorder for this down, sadly Like a Dragon Ishin early access launches the same day. So unsure if I will play it on launch (honestly February is a real solid month this year)

not 100% I like all the ideas like the building mechanics, the monster designs all being wood themed feels a bit lame but not every game can be Monster Hunter so I am more than willing to give everything a shot, might surprise me and I enjoy it, no MTX plans really wanted me to support the attempt.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Why are people pre-ordering? Are there good bonuses or limited stock?
For some reason my wife and I can't be enticed enough by Monster Hunter World. It's too slow for her and having to chase down the monster gets annoying.
Wonder if this is more fast paced, I'd just like to spend more time in the action than out of it.

anthony2690

Banned
I got a preorder for this down, sadly Like a Dragon Ishin early access launches the same day. So unsure if I will play it on launch (honestly February is a real solid month this year)

not 100% I like all the ideas like the building mechanics, the monster designs all being wood themed feels a bit lame but not every game can be Monster Hunter so I am more than willing to give everything a shot, might surprise me and I enjoy it, no MTX plans really wanted me to support the attempt.
Yeah, this month is absolutely insane with game releases.

Hogwarts Legacy
Wanted dead
Atomic heart
Like a dragon Ishin
Wild hearts
Psvr2 + psvr2 games
& More.

Are all the monsters wood themed? I would say more elemental/nature infused?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Why are people pre-ordering? Are there good bonuses or limited stock?

more disposable income than sense here, I also really really like the hunting games, even before world (if you thought tracking a monster in world was a slog, oh boy its a good thing you didn't play the prior entries)

unsure if this will be more action and less tracking, although part of the appeal for me in these is the fact that while skill is a good chunk of how well you do on the titles, preparation and monster knowledge also plays just as important a role. If you where to remove all that so it was essentially just arena fights (which are in World and Rise alongside most other entries) with preset gear and loadout against a monster instantly, I cant say I would find that particularly interesting, I go through em for the tokens but then dont touch them again.

Are all the monsters wood themed? I would say more elemental/nature infused?

to be fair iv had a look, I think only one shown so far don't seem to be plant related, but yeah a vast majority of the designs seem to have different coloured vines growing off all of them such as blue ice vines etc. The only one that lacks that is the rock porcupine, so perhaps there are more without being covered in multicoloured wood.

BOHNI_KARAKURI_Gameplay_Screenshot_06_3840x2160_NoLogo.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I'm really looking forward to this, grabbing it day 1 since some friends are joining in to hunt.
I hope it does well for Koei Tecmo and EA so that it can be spun off into a new franchise.
Curios about the endgame. How deep it is. Probably nowhere near MH level?
They answered this on reddit:
After completing the campaign players will get a new quest to investigate a new highly dangerous variant of Kemono appearing in the world "Volatile Kemono". These powerful Kemono will lead the player to an even more difficult tier of Kemono that we won't spoil today ;) We are preparing a blog with more details about the endgame soon! The endgame systems and threats will continue to expand over the course of our free content updates.

Freeza93

Banned
I think it will do fine and be a good game but 23 is way to competetive for a new ip. Idk.

dead island 2 is coming too soon fuckkk.

Luipadre

ngl the game looks pretty sick. Movement looks like a less clunky version of mh and the game looks better on a twitch stream graphics wise than the official videos wtf.

nikos

Nice OT!

Really looking forward to trying this. Always wanted to get into this type of game but none of them completely hooked me in.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
What time will it be made available? I just checked, since I'm off these two days and playing harry potter and didn't see anything in ea play view games.

"Yes! EA Play members will be able to try WILD HEARTS starting three days prior to launch. EA Play members and Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will be able to play up to the gates of Minato starting February 13, 2023."

anthony2690

Banned
What time will it be made available? I just checked, since I'm off these two days and playing harry potter and didn't see anything in ea play view games.

"Yes! EA Play members will be able to try WILD HEARTS starting three days prior to launch. EA Play members and Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will be able to play up to the gates of Minato starting February 13, 2023."
I'm wondering the same thing myself, checked the Xbox store and no dice, but I've seen people streaming the trial since yesterday :/

Edit:
After a bit of googling, 2 hours and 9 minutes from this comment update :)

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sent out to die by EA and their shit lack of advertisement and lack of communication

Day 1 btw… no thanks to our favorite publishers

anthony2690

Banned
Sent out to die by EA and their shit lack of advertisement and lack of communication

Day 1 btw… no thanks to our favorite publishers
It has been heavily advertised and featured during numerous big showcases/events?

Sadly there just doesn't seem to be much interest, maybe due to other monster hunter clones not being too good? (I don't actually know the reasons)

I think being with EA is helping the game, as it will have crossplay & various appearances at big events, hopefully the trial sells people on the game :)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sadly there just doesn't seem to be much interest, maybe due to other monster hunter clones not being too good? (I don't actually know the reasons)
For me it's just a whole genre that I don't need more of because of the time consuming nature of it. I played like 300 hours in Monster Hunter World, and felt like I still barely scratched the surface. 1 weapon, didn't fully max out anything. Didn't get Iceborne. I put like 300 into Rise. Didn't get Sunbreak. It's already a large time sink for me to play every Monster Hunter game, but totally worth it. I usually don't feel like I want to jump back in though for the expansions. I'm just good on the whole genre with the pace the MH comes out. World 2 will be coming in a year or so I'd imagine, and I'll be ready for another. 🤷‍♂️ If they made an action game like this, I'd be in. But I can only play so many GAAS games.

Mephisto40

In the UK, it's 3PM

anthony2690

Banned
For me it's just a whole genre that I don't need more of because of the time consuming nature of it. I played like 300 hours in Monster Hunter World, and felt like I still barely scratched the surface. 1 weapon, didn't fully max out anything. Didn't get Iceborne. I put like 300 into Rise. Didn't get Sunbreak. It's already a large time sink for me to play every Monster Hunter game, but totally worth it. I usually don't feel like I want to jump back in though for the expansions. I'm just good on the whole genre with the pace the MH comes out. World 2 will be coming in a year or so I'd imagine, and I'll be ready for another. 🤷‍♂️ If they made an action game like this, I'd be in. But I can only play so many GAAS games.
I think that would make a lot of sense, monster hunter games are quite the time investment.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It has been heavily advertised and featured during numerous big showcases/events?

I think being with EA is helping the game, as it will have crossplay & various appearances at big events, hopefully the trial sells people on the game :)
Holy shit, how can you say this is ”heavily advertised”? Yes, heavily advertised for an INDIE game, maybe, but as a AAA it’s an absolute joke. Look at the amount of Twitch streamers that has gotten the game prior to relesse. Look at the amount of followers on Twitter this game has. Look at the clear uncertainty people have regarding how the game functions besides hitting big chonker enemies. Look at the response all over reddit and discord how confusing this 10h trial has been. Oh and LOL @ heavily advertised WHEN THEY DON’T HAVE A SINGLE OFFCIAL VIDEO on their main YT-channel with a decent 1080p quality video. The game looks like absolute dogshit on their channel, the bitrate is all over the place - it literally looks like MHFU with the quality of the videos. These people didn’t even hook up a good setup to record actual good looking videos.

Shit advertisement and that’s a FACT. Besides all the above points, let me add an anectode: I have plenty of people who delve themselves into gaming and I swear to god only one of these people ever heard of this game. This has nothing to do with MH-fatigue; this is 100% the PR teams fault. Saying literally anything else is being blind as fuck.

anthony2690

Banned
Holy shit, how can you say this is ”heavily advertised”? Yes, heavily advertised for an INDIE game, maybe, but as a AAA it’s an absolute joke. Look at the amount of Twitch streamers that has gotten the game prior to relesse. Look at the amount of followers on Twitter this game has. Look at the clear uncertainty people have regarding how the game functions besides hitting big chonker enemies. Look at the response all over reddit and discord how confusing this 10h trial has been. Oh and LOL @ heavily advertised WHEN THEY DON’T HAVE A SINGLE OFFCIAL VIDEO on their main YT-channel with a decent 1080p quality video. The game looks like absolute dogshit on their channel, the bitrate is all over the place - it literally looks like MHFU with the quality of the videos. These people didn’t even hook up a good setup to record actual good looking videos.

Shit advertisement and that’s a FACT. Besides all the above points, let me add an anectode: I have plenty of people who delve themselves into gaming and I swear to god only one of these people ever heard of this game. This has nothing to do with MH-fatigue; this is 100% the PR teams fault. Saying literally anything else is being blind as fuck.
Oh man, you have a lot of pent up anger.
I'm not going to argue with you as I've seen the size of your arms and you would bend me like a pretzel 😂 (I do agree about video quality in the trailers though)

But even on GAF a gaming forum, there is very little interest in Wild Hearts sadly.

Hopefully it surprises us all and does well though and most importantly turns out to be a great game :)

Last edited:

Yoshichan

Oh man, you have a lot of pent up anger.
I'm not going to argue with you as I've seen the size of your arms and you would bend me like a pretzel 😂 (I do agree about video quality in the trailers though)

But even on GAF a gaming forum, there is very little interest in Wild Hearts sadly.

Hopefully it surprises us all and does well though and most importantly turns out to be a great game :)
Sorry man, it was too much but that’s mostly because I really want this game to sell a lot so we could get more great (?) MH-games!

Let’s hunt some damn monsters together soon, aight? ❤️

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'll try it since Capcom has yet to show the next monhun, they're lucky to make it inbetween releases. I doubt I'll stick with it any more than I did Toukiden 2 though. It has shown both good and not so good stuff so far in terms of mechanics, monster designs, etc.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Sorry man, it was too much but that’s mostly because I really want this game to sell a lot so we could get more great (?) MH-games!

Let’s hunt some damn monsters together soon, aight? ❤️
I'm down for that!
I personally can't wait for the game, probably one of the games I've been most excited for.

& I'd love more of a good thing (more great MH like games)

predator-arnold.gif

Top Bottom