• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Hearts |OT| Kemeno Hunter World

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Following up on anthony2690 anthony2690 for Feb 13th release times.

Below are the release times, in case anyone needs without googling. If this game slightly pulls me away from Potter Legacy, I'm jumping on it.

Wild Hearts release times
Wild Hearts releases on February 13 for EA Play subscribers beginning at 7 am PT (15:00 UTC). It'll be available at that time on both PC and consoles.

The full game won't be accessible, though. The February 13 release is just the EA Play First trial, which is available if you pay $5 per month (or $30 a year) for an EA Play subscription, or if you're a Game Pass Ultimate member. The Play First trial lets you play the opening bits of Wild Hearts, leading to your arrival at the game's hub city Minato. You could spend several hours exploring the opening zone, but the missions that lead you to Minato will only take an hour or two to complete.

Here's the EA Play First Trial release time in a few more timezones:

New York: 10 am ET
London: 3 pm GMT
Paris: 4 pm CET

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Although I have to say all the videos so far look really muddy and low res and aren't available in higher than 1080p for the most part, I hope that's not indicative of its average performance in which case I suppose only brute forcing it on PC will make it truly glorious.

Sleepwalker

Why are people pre-ordering? Are there good bonuses or limited stock?
For some reason my wife and I can't be enticed enough by Monster Hunter World. It's too slow for her and having to chase down the monster gets annoying.
Wonder if this is more fast paced, I'd just like to spend more time in the action than out of it.
Hoping for the same thing, monster hunter world was stupid slow and convoluted (the invite system fucking sucks) for us to stick to it. Will wait for reviews and give this a go if it turns out good.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Although I have to say all the videos so far look really muddy and low res and aren't available in higher than 1080p for the most part
boom.gif

Yoshichan Yoshichan

RafterXL

I'm downloading it now, but honestly this game seems like it will be DoA. It's a terrible release window, it has next to no advertising or hype and a new MH just dropped on multiple systems.

Even if this game is significantly better, I just don't see it gaining any traction. I guess if it's just absolutely amazing it can pick up steam through word of mouth, but it seems like EA is just putting this out to die with how it's been handled.

madanth

Neo Member
Anyone know how to download the demo? Or is it not live yet? I'm a game pass subscriber that includes EA play and I can't find it anywhere on my XSX

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IT'S UP BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really? Where ? I still can't find for life of me. I'm on xsx
EA Play 3 days early on PC - not sure if up for XSX but I know it works on PS5 as well right now

RafterXL

God 1080p is such a bummer. Vaseline the game. And whatever temporal anti-aliasing they are using makes it look significantly worse in motion. I know why all the footage was low rez now.

Combat seems fun so far but dude this looks like an early PS4 game, or worse.

Last edited:

madanth

Neo Member
Search on xbox app, not the game pass app :)
Thanks I did that but the app is saying can not find my console connected lol and when I try and reconnect it won't display the code on my TV. Not sure what is going on but I'll try again soon. Day off today and wanted to give this a go.

Pejo

Boy they couldn't have picked a more generic name for this game. Looking forward to GAFs impressions to see if I pick this up. I liked KT's Toukiden games, so they have enough experience at this point to sway me.

At the same time though, seeing EA's name on this causes a big concern.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Nice OT! My group is looking forward to this one. I've had the game downloaded for a week already, but I bought it quite some time ago. Playing through the intro sounds nice. I think EA got this for tax write-offs honestly. I've never seen them offer such little advertising for a game. Most of my group had no idea about this until we told them. 3 players versus 4 is going to be rough though. I really like the gameplay of the various weapons that I've seen so far. It seemed great. I hope it does well and gets plenty of content support for a while but I suspect it'll somehow underperform, which is stunning since how can anything perform well with such little effort put behind it. It's like they were hoping it would do well by word of mouth but all the competition will galvanize most attention and people's funds.

I'm personally more hyped for this than MH since I've always preferred the competitors gameplay like God Eater and Toukiden.

anthony2690

Banned
Nice OT! My group is looking forward to this one. I've had the game downloaded for a week already, but I bought it quite some time ago. Playing through the intro sounds nice. I think EA got this for tax write-offs honestly. I've never seen them offer such little advertising for a game. Most of my group had no idea about this until we told them. 3 players versus 4 is going to be rough though. I really like the gameplay of the various weapons that I've seen so far. It seemed great. I hope it does well and gets plenty of content support for a while but I suspect it'll somehow underperform, which is stunning since how can anything perform well with such little effort put behind it. It's like they were hoping it would do well by word of mouth but all the competition will galvanize most attention and people's funds.

I'm personally more hyped for this than MH since I've always preferred the competitors gameplay like God Eater and Toukiden.
I am kinda mixed, it's been advertised more than need for speed unbound, what was to my surprise a pretty solid game (even if the police chases became very tedious towards the mid/end point) that game didn't even get a launch trailer 👀

But I don't think it's been advertised any more or less than say something like it takes two, maybe they are hoping word of mouth or influencers push the game?

Everything I've seen looks great, reviews in progress seem to be glowing too.

Can't wait to have a quick test, not going to play it properly till I finish Hogwarts, as I tend to get mega addicted to these kinda games XD

Isa

I am kinda mixed, it's been advertised more than need for speed unbound, what was to my surprise a pretty solid game (even if the police chases became very tedious towards the mid/end point) that game didn't even get a launch trailer 👀

But I don't think it's been advertised any more or less than say something like it takes two, maybe they are hoping word of mouth or influencers push the game?

Everything I've seen looks great, reviews in progress seem to be glowing too.

Can't wait to have a quick test, not going to play it properly till I finish Hogwarts, as I tend to get mega addicted to these kinda games XD
Yeah speaking of which, of the influencers I've seen showing the game off were very positive about it, and thankfully quite knowledgeable about MH and games like this in general. The coverage was so good in fact I'm still debating on what weapon I want to main lol.

anthony2690

Banned
Yeah speaking of which, of the influencers I've seen showing the game off were very positive about it, and thankfully quite knowledgeable about MH and games like this in general. The coverage was so good in fact I'm still debating on what weapon I want to main lol.
Even the heavy weapons look fun to me, never thought I'd say that 👀

But I can't wait to get out Karakuri Katana, have you see the weapon upgrade tree? Looks absolutely insane!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Downloading the trial, holy shit its 71GB.

Tons of 70+ GB games coming out these last few days. RIP people with bandwidth caps.

Isa

Even the heavy weapons look fun to me, never thought I'd say that 👀

But I can't wait to get out Karakuri Katana, have you see the weapon upgrade tree? Looks absolutely insane!
Interesting I can't say that I have. Just the move sets for the various weapons and how they roughly play. I'm usually a heavy wielder or ranged/support. After using the Heavy Bowgun in Rise I'm really looking forward to the Cannon in this one. But the Staff and its many options, the Nodochi and Hammer look fun too. The Claw thing looks insane and the Umbrella is cool as well. The Katana move with that Karakuri fire is awesome! The bow seems really neat as well. Man the decisions...

RafterXL

Well, that was fast. This is the ugliest game I've played this gen and it's not close. Even the Graphics mode is absolutely atrocious. Poor resolution, terrible AA, grainy weather effects, screen door DoF, muddy textures, just the gambit of terrible graphics. The first boss you encounter in the snow, the screen looks like staring at static from TV back in the day.

75 gb for this?

Maybe PC can save this but the XSX version is a lost cause. I definitely wouldn't pay for this over just playing MH World or Rise.

Anyway, good luck, I won't shit up the thread any more, I'm just floored that EA released this.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Are my eyes deceiving me.. started it off on resolution mode, and just did not look good(dull I guess), but first big fight, it seemed to have changed.

Series X console. Is where I'm trying it out.

Last edited:

Pejo

Thank god. Ive always wanted to get into monster hunter, but i found it to be too much like a Japanese style game. Hopefully this is a little easier for me
This game is Koei Tecmo developed. It's likely going to be even more Japanese (at least in design philosophy). I think it's a good thing but not everybody agrees.

anthony2690

Banned
What platform is that, looks much cleaner than their official videos though pop in is quite evident.
I would imagine this is probably a high end pc, as from looking at their channel they seem to be a streamer, so I imagine they have a decent rig.

Kaachan

Holy hell, the current state of this game is painfully baaaaaad

The framderops, jitter and stutter made me nauseous after 1 hour. I've never played a game with worse optimization

Yoshichan

I would imagine this is probably a high end pc, as from looking at their channel they seem to be a streamer, so I imagine they have a decent rig.
I have a very decent rig (not end-END tech though) and the game ran like shit on any graphics settings :(

Top Bottom