• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Hearts |OT| Kemeno Hunter World

anthony2690

Banned
I have a very decent rig (not end-END tech though) and the game ran like shit on any graphics settings :(
That sucks :(
Just done the intro up to after the wolf, it seems to run fine so far (series X, but with VRR display) sadly quite low res looking, as expecting as 1080p on 55inch screen, I had to turn the motion blur off though.

Combat seems fun so far, looking forward to putting more time into the game.

But I must stop for now, as Hogwarts is my game ATM, I get absolutely addicted to these kind of games XD

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Holy hell, the current state of this game is painfully baaaaaad

The framderops, jitter and stutter made me nauseous after 1 hour. I've never played a game with worse optimization
Not going to lie, a little worried that performance after the tutorial might be absymal after reading yours & Yoshichan Yoshichan comments on the game.

How was performance for you guys running up to the wolf/versus the wolf? (No idea if you've played more or less than me)

Kaachan

Not going to lie, a little worried that performance after the tutorial might be absymal after reading yours & Yoshichan Yoshichan comments on the game.

How was performance for you guys running up to the wolf/versus the wolf? (No idea if you've played more or less than me)

For both of us (even Yoshi that has a much better PC than me) it was consistently crap through and through but at least it was a short session with the wolf Kemono

However it got much worse when we finished the tutorial area and came out to the next part which is a bigger forest area with more Kemonos

anthony2690

Banned
For both of us (even Yoshi that has a much better PC than me) it was consistently crap through and through but at least it was a short session with the wolf Kemono

However it got much worse when we finished the tutorial area and came out to the next part which is a bigger forest area with more Kemonos
Ah it was fine for me in tutorial area/wolf fight.

I'll boot it up later on and see what main forest area is like for me later, a little worried now.

But I'm hoping/praying it is good still for me.

Pejo

Sounds like "wait for a patch" time.

nikos

I really want to like this but I'm not sure I will yet. It reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter in the sense that it has awkward controls, introduces lots of systems quickly, and uses horrible terminology for things. Tried the bow because I'd like to play a ranged weapon on mouse and keyboard, but its first impression wasn't too great. There's no FOV or camera distance setting, and it's pretty narrow when using that weapon. The reticle also looks bad, like in MH Rise.

PC performance is not good right now, even with a 4090, but I haven't tried turning any settings down. Hopefully a day one patch will smooth it out. That will at least make the game more enjoyable to play and learn. It does at least support ultrawide.

I'll continue to give it a chance because it definitely feels like there's some fun to be had here. I've always wanted to get into these types of games but too many try to be MH and that game doesn't exactly click with me.

Last edited:

Dai Kaiju

My 12 year old and I just downloaded the trial on Series S and we're both confused as to why the graphics are so terrible compared to the trailer.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

anthony2690

Banned
My 12 year old and I just downloaded the trial on Series S and we're both confused as to why the graphics are so terrible compared to the trailer.
It's 1080p for 60fps on series X, I dread to think how this looks on the series s.

Wo Long demo, what I also quite enjoyed, was not much off a looker either.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How do I get this demo on PS5?

Subscribe to EA Play.

I'm having fun with it. Really enjoying the bow, but visually something is off for me personally.

Yeah, the textures are very muddy, also the white color balance seems to be off.

Performance in the performance mode is smooth as silk, but visually it looks no better than a mid-gen PS4 era game, which makes the fact that this is new-gen only baffling.

Also, there's massive pop-in just 2 minutes into the game when you're chasing the first deer.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Performance in the performance mode is smooth as silk, but visually it looks no better than a mid-gen PS4 era game, which makes the fact that this is new-gen only baffling.

Also, there's massive pop-in just 2 minutes into the game when you're chasing the first deer.
This is exactly what I am seeing. I just finished killing the 3rd, I guess kemono.. it's fun as hell but the graphics are distracting at times.

Just curious if KT will address this in a release patch.. with getting Hogwarts , not sure I want to drop more money , even before reviews come in for Ishin.

• Thoughtful

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some Series X pictures from the first 20 minutes

2-13-2023_2-09-29_pm-2ki8m.png

2-13-2023_2-09-29_pm-n9e7x.png

2-13-2023_2-09-30_pm-cnc8e.png

2-13-2023_2-09-30_pm-r3fva.png

2-13-2023_2-09-30_pm-7sf1v.png

2-13-2023_2-09-30_pm-rbin0.png

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Just managed to get the early access working due to the whole origin BS on PC.

Game looks worse than MH World, and god I hope there is a driver update that massively boosts preformance, their is zero reason the game should run this ass while looking so... ass...

Some the worst popin and vaseline smearing I have seen in a long time, even on max settings.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Pejo

As far as gameplay - have any of you that are playing the game/demo played the Toukiden games? Compared to those, what are your thoughts?

Did they finally make the attacks feel like they have some weight? Does the enemy flinch now after big hits or does it just keep on doing whatever as if you weren't even there? Are there still breakable/sever-able parts?

anthony2690

Banned
Played a little more.

Pros:
Performance is very good/smooth.
Gameplay and combat seems great so far.
Environments/setting looks great at times.
I can see myself getting addicted to the game.
Great music.

Negatives:
I really don't care about the story at all (same with MH games)
Environments can look not so good at times (pop in/muddy/low res)
Getting knocked over by a monster near a wall, camera can get a little janky.

Whilst I think I will really enjoy the full release, I noticed Wo Long, Stranger of Paradise and Wild Hearts all by Tecmo Koei look fairly low res, I really hope they can improve this, but I'm not holding out too much hope sadly.

Otherwise I think it is a great game from my little session, gone to the open world and killed the rat monster.

Last edited:

Luipadre

oof this game looks awful and kinda good at the same time. I love some of the lighting and scenery stuff, but this is early ps4 level when it comes to the engine or even worse. Also pc performance is dogshit. My fps isnt bad but feels stuttery and so unstable.

Also i fucking hate when the camera randomly switches to the left side. WHY. Really disappointing, i was looking forward to this, but tecmo needs to get their shit together when it comes to engine and performance. Will try on console tomorrow

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
god I hate this this tutorial, it just keeps going forcing me to use shitty long sword which I have always specifically avoided in MH since its introduction as I just dont "get" that type of weapon.

not going to lie considering refunding with the weird patchwork resolution thing it has going on and the worst rain effects I have seen in a game ever... yes even worse that RE4 remakes.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Wow, it runs so bad. 3060ti, 5600x. 30 fps on medium 1080p that can't be right? And it stutters all the time.

MaKTaiL

One thing I hate about MH is the fact that the game doesn't point you in a general direction for finding the monster you are trying to hunt. They apparently decided to copy this as well for Wild Hearts. Wondering aimlessly around the map hoping to find the monster I'm looking for is not my idea of fun. Game is promising but they could very well not copy 100% of MH instead of actually improving what it does wrong. I played the first hour and stopped when I crafted my first weapon. Tried starting a hunt but I spent 15 minutes looking for the monster I was supposed to kill and didn't find it.

Last edited:

Pejo

One thing I hate about MH is the fact that the game doesn't point you in a general direction for finding the monster you are trying to hunt. They apparently decided to copy this as well for Wild Hearts. Wondering aimlessly around the map hoping to find the monster I'm looking for is not my idea of fun.
It's called Monster "Hunter" not Monster Boss Rush

Anyways, MH: Rise did exactly what you want, and the monster is on the minimap permanently as soon as you enter the stage now. I prefer having to track them down, but they haven't found a really compelling way to do it yet, IMO. Flies from MH World were.... eh....

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Holy hell, the current state of this game is painfully baaaaaad

The framderops, jitter and stutter made me nauseous after 1 hour. I've never played a game with worse optimization

Welcome to Omega Force games. As bad as this is it aint got SHIT on Age of Calamity.

GHG

Sounds like "wait for a patch" time.

By that time there will probably be a sale as well.

Fightincowboy's early review has me sold on the game but the PC performance along with me having too much else to play right now means it's a wait for sale. Shouldn't be too long though, most EA games get discounted pretty quickly on PC at least.

Methos#1975

One thing I hate about MH is the fact that the game doesn't point you in a general direction for finding the monster you are trying to hunt. They apparently decided to copy this as well for Wild Hearts. Wondering aimlessly around the map hoping to find the monster I'm looking for is not my idea of fun. Game is promising but they could very well not copy 100% of MH instead of actually improving what it does wrong. I played the first hour and stopped when I crafted my first weapon. Tried starting a hunt but I spent 15 minutes looking for the monster I was supposed to kill and didn't find it.
There is a tower you can build that shows you were they are.

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
Terrible performance on a 4090. I had all max settings, the game still doesn't look good, and I could only get 60 fps. There is an option for upscaling but it's simply on or off so I'm not sure what method it's using. I did turn it on and I got about 10-15fps more but it looked even worse. I thought it was pre-loading shaders at the menu, but there were shader stutters all over the place.

Luckily I have EA pass so I'll go back to HL until it's patched.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I am going to spend more time with it (I really enjoy Monster Hunter) THAT BEING SAID….

I am having a VERY hard time getting this to perform well on pc.
Core 19 13990K, 64 go ddr5 ram, 3090TI (UPDATE this rig has a 3090 in it…wrong pc) and PCIE 4. NVME.

At 4K everything looks super washed out and I am getting really questionable model detail on my character. The hat, armor, weapons all look like they are stuck in at a lower LOD ….REALLY bizarre. Particle effects are also missing/very low density (for example the snow that happens fighting the first boss looks like tiny white squares with no alpha blending).

Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE: Game is dope! The movement and attacks do feel really good and the “tech stuff” you summon seems very fun so far.

At the village and doing more quests, would like to try to team up with folks if anyone else is playing this week/weekend shoot me a DM.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the first 24 minutes of the EA Originals title, Wild Hearts. Made by Omega Force, this japan-set fantasy game has you hunting gigantic beasts named Kemono in order to make the land of Azuma a safer place. You'll see tutorial footage, cutscenes, the character creator, and the first Kemono fight in this video.

Timestamps:
00:00 - Intro
06:05 - Talking to Mujina
11:41 - Character Creator
19:28 - Combat
21:30 - First Kemono Fight

anthony2690

Banned
Monster Hunter Rise, shows you where the monster is instantly, you might like that game as you won't have to spend any time tracking the monster at all.

Also with wild hearts, you can craft a tracking tower and use it, and it will show you where the monster is and outline it for you so you can just run towards it.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Interesting tidbit, streamers are running version 1.0.2, could this be why people like fighting cowboy don't have absymal pc performance? (It could just be their insane rig though)

But i am running version 1.0.1, what version is everyone else got?

I thought Reddit was being crazy/on hopium, but it would appear people are running different versions.

Last edited:

GHG

Interesting tidbit, streamers are running version 1.0.2, could this be why people like fighting cowboy don't have absymal pc performance? (It could just be their insane rig though)

But i am running version 1.0.1, what version is everyone else got?

I thought Reddit was being crazy/on hopium, but it would appear people are running different versions.

Fightincowboy stated in his early review that he just upgraded his PC so now has a 13900k + 4090 combo.

He said as a result his experience might not be representative of the average PC.

anthony2690

Banned
Fightincowboy stated in his early review that he just upgraded his PC so now has a 13900k + 4090 combo.

He said as a result his experience might not be representative of the average PC.
Not going to lie, I have no idea how good they are (I assume great, I'm not a pc gamer though)

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Not going to lie, I have no idea how good they are (I assume great, I'm not a pc gamer though)
Doesn't say much towards PC Performance improved. Mainly online, but the patches came same day.

anthony2690

Banned
Doesn't say much towards PC Performance improved. Mainly online, but the patches came same day.

I did another hunt last night and lighting on the water went weird at times, it was quite jarring.

I wonder if that is something that has hopefully been bugged fixed. (As it's pretty vague about bug fixes) :p

Pelta88

I spent way too much time on character creator. Usually I'll pick something I like or a preset and get to it. But I dropped at least 30 minutes on that alone.

MaKTaiL

Monster Hunter Rise, shows you where the monster is instantly, you might like that game as you won't have to spend any time tracking the monster at all.

Also with wild hearts, you can craft a tracking tower and use it, and it will show you where the monster is and outline it for you so you can just run towards it.
Yeah, many people here pointed this out to me. I tried again last night and actually had a good time with randoms. Game is still janky though, hope they patch it.

Top Bottom