• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wild Hearts |OT| Kemeno Hunter World

Quality & Performance Modes:​

PS5 & XSX
Performance: 1080p/60fps
Quality 4k/30fps.

GIF by Zack Kantor

penguinspl

Neo Member
The game looks terrible in performance mode on Xbox Series X that are with snow wolf was hurting my eye's 55 inch Samsung qled and Hdr looks crap aswell definitely not gonna spend 60 quid for this game thank for a trial included in gamepass better play Rise 👌

I'm down for that!
I personally can't wait for the game, probably one of the games I've been most excited for.

& I'd love more of a good thing (more great MH like games)

predator-arnold.gif
Sorry man, it was too much but that’s mostly because I really want this game to sell a lot so we could get more great (?) MH-games!

Let’s hunt some damn monsters together soon, aight? ❤️
KISS EACH OTHER ALREADY!

j0hnnix

Gold Member
anthony2690 anthony2690 What was in this series X patch?

Did it improve anything or was it switching from trial 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, trial seems to running on an older version.. why they did this I have no clue.

Glad that I preordered. Played a little of the trial last night and had a blast. Between this and Rise on PS5 im in heaven.

Hopefully we get some MH6 news in the next year or so.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

I won't pretend to know what I'm looking at, but would this be the reason for pc performance issues? Yoshichan Yoshichan

Thanks man, will check it out later if it has any relevance to my issue!

dorkimoe

Tried out the 10 hour demo, only got to play like 30 minutes though, assume i lose the rest of the 9 hours ? and that its not actual play time?

It definitely didnt run perfect on the XsX, it seemed ok, id play it if it was on gamepass, but probably wont buy it

Arsic

Gold Member
I’m confused. Gamepass ultimate subs can trial it now but the game isn’t on gamepass, correct ?

I’m assuming these are cloud saves tied to my EA account ? Because I’d pick it up on steam on release but the save file didn’t originate there…

anthony2690

Banned
I’m confused. Gamepass ultimate subs can trial it now but the game isn’t on gamepass, correct ?

I’m assuming these are cloud saves tied to my EA account ? Because I’d pick it up on steam on release but the save file didn’t originate there…
EA Play, but they mention game pass ultimate as ea play is part of that service.

All EA games that get trials also get trials as part of GPU.

Esca

I'm really enjoying the trial. I'm getting this for sure. The building and being able to set your own short cuts and camps is a real joy

j0hnnix

Gold Member
How does it fair visually between (Differences if any) PS5 and Series X? Only played the Series X. I definitely enjoyed the game but always skeptical with "future updates". Anthem left a really bad taste in my mouth, and with CyberPunk taking forever to get to where it is at,still a fantastic game ,CDPR is a much larger team.

I do love me some MHW and this game plays much more fun than MH..
Cant Decide Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

Last edited:

Luipadre

Completed the trial on series x. Played first on PC, but went to console since it doesnt have the annoying stuttering. Game is pretty neat, too bad it looks like a late ps3 game and has performance issues still.

Arsic

Gold Member
When they add dlss I’ll buy it. Plenty to play until then.

Not launching with dlss in 2023 is baffling especially for a AAA published game .

YukiOnna

Endgame detailed w/ free update plans
- High Difficulty Volatile Kemono get unlocked
- Collecting keystones unlocks even more difficult Deeply Volatile Kemono
- March Update brings: D.V. Kemono Hellfire Laharback and Grimstalker + more high difficulty quests, weapons, rewards, etc
- More free title updates to continue

Malio

Currently playing the 10 hour trial on Xbox series s, and it looks like I would imagine a switch version would look…awful. Runs Ok, frame rate dips etc., but mostly smooth. The game itself is not wowing me but I’ve only put in an hour, I hope it improves.

anthony2690

Banned
- March Update brings: D.V. Kemono Hellfire Laharback and Grimstalker + more high difficulty quests, weapons, rewards, etc
This sounds like great stuff, I really hope the game is successful, despite performance issues people are having currently, there is an incredible game hidden there, I hope they iron the issues out swiftly.

Can't wait to play this properly once I finish Hogwarts Legacy!

Methos#1975

New update seems to have broke the trial, it's saying my save contains gameplay details outside the scope of the trial now. WTF?

anthony2690

Banned
New update seems to have broke the trial, it's saying my save contains gameplay details outside the scope of the trial now. WTF?
That's strange, did you enter into minoto?

Apparently the trial isn't meant to let you play that far (but I've read about people being able to play unrestricted with the trial, other than the time limit)

anthony2690

Banned
How does it fair visually between (Differences if any) PS5 and Series X? Only played the Series X. I definitely enjoyed the game but always skeptical with "future updates". Anthem left a really bad taste in my mouth, and with CyberPunk taking forever to get to where it is at,still a fantastic game ,CDPR is a much larger team.

I do love me some MHW and this game plays much more fun than MH..
Cant Decide Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

Another user posted the first post launch content update/end game post, might interest you :)

Luipadre

I really hope they will implement fsr on consoles too, but i have 0 hopes. These devs seems incompetent when it comes to tech stuff. Too bad because the gameplay is really fun

Arsic

Gold Member
Got a month of EA pro to fuck with it for a while.

There is a LOT to like here, and I plan to play more...but jesus christ the performance is anus, and the game really doesn't look that good compared to the videos they've been using to promote it.

I'm on a 3080 max everything, and I had to put it to 1440P to get it to stay above 60 FPS. What's weird is even at 60FPS the game just feels unsmooth even though it isn't dipping according to the FPS counter. It will have drops when areas load, or if crazy shit happens when fighting a monster for all the effects, but they are few and far between.

The game has a fantastic character creator, wonderful gameplay, and a nice soundtrack.

This game needs the DLSS patch yesterday though. Even at 4K or 1440P this shit looks blurry like it's not actually displaying at the settings I tell it to. It's strange.

Edit: Forgot to add--- compared to Monster Hunter Rise on the PC for example, what this game lacks is a bigger focus on texture/details of your character and the monsters. MH would rather give you lower poly environments or more "generic" rock faces to look at, less grass, etc in order to retain its performance and keep the eye candy focused where the player will look primarily anyway; the boss monster.

Last edited:

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It has been a long time since I have seen a game with IQ this bad and I am playing at my native res on PC

Luipadre

Damn 20k players on pc already didnt expected that. Looks like pc players are hungry for more hunt style games. 27% reviews tho as expected given the shit performance.

image.png

j0hnnix

Gold Member

PS5 does seem sharper. The PS5 version is the one with more color richness, probably has his color settings way to high.

SteadyEvo

I believe I’m still in the intro tutorial but I like how this game opens up. Feels like Monster Hunter bombards me with walls of texts. But maybe that’s coming here???

EA Original / new IP / niche genre? This game will be half price or less by the end of March and probably with a decent patch or two, that will be the time to jump in.

anthony2690

Banned
"Changing my Audio Output Settings from stereo to 5.1/7.1 resolved my performance issues, for some reason. It was nearly unplayable before, but now runs well on my middling PC at nearly full graphic settings"

Yoshichan Yoshichan (probably sick of me tagging you about this game) but I've seen the above be shared around and people saying it works or fixed their performance issues for now 🤷‍♂️

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Changing my Audio Output Settings from stereo to 5.1/7.1 resolved my performance issues, for some reason. It was nearly unplayable before, but now runs well on my middling PC at nearly full graphic settings"

Yoshichan Yoshichan (probably sick of me tagging you about this game) but I've seen the above be shared around and people saying it works or fixed their performance issues for now 🤷‍♂️
Tried it out and it does in fact seem to work! However the game still pops assets right infront of me and stutters -from time to time- (compared to before when it was doing it all the time). Hopefully the patch will do wonders as well :3

Also no worries at all, tag me as many times as possible! I don’t mind ❤️

GymWolf

I need feedback from people who love mhw more than their waifu pillow and weren't impressed at all by rise.

Top Bottom