• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Call of Duty: Ghosts have dedicated servers on the PS4?

Skeff

As of today from what we know...

XB1 - Yes
PS4 - No

People keep speculating that bc XB1 has them, PS4 must. MS is giving a deep discount to use their servers.

PC version is confirmed as dedi's so what sort of discount are Microsoft giving for those? none? oh...

Why does everyone ignore the fact Activision is providing dedicated servers for the PC version but magically they won't for the Ps4 version. If it wasn't coming it would of been announced as exclusive. You can believe that if you choose.

Even though I created this thread, this is my belief as well. I just find it annoying that Infinity Ward won't confirm it.

pixlexic

Banned
with all that COD money there is no reason they shouldn't.

The bigger difference would be that MS's servers are directly connected to the XBL infrastructure. So functions like match making is built in and theoretically faster.

kuYuri

Interesting update from Mark Rubin, Executive Producer:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpgkjd

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.”

LOL and if there is any doubt, here he almost just confirms it

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387298456726802433

he basically confirms MS gave them money to stfu, pathetic

It was pretty obvious that this was the case back at Gamescom. There were a few Xbox devotees trying to pretend otherwise, but it looks like that gig's pretty much up now.

I think the bigger news from today's statement is that current-gen platforms are getting dedis as well. This is a good move by Activision.

IMO, I don't find it thread worthy and I try to avoid making CoD threads these days.
I've just also realized that he could just mean 360,Xbone,and PC

but by not stating them specifically he could just be under some marketing contract

I can't make a new thread since I'll be out right about now

I've just also realized that he could just mean 360,Xbone,and PC

but by not stating them specifically he could just be under some marketing contract

I can't make a new thread since I'll be out right about now

well...

BUDqwrw.png

Top Bottom