• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Elden Ring over take TLOU2 as the most awarded goty of all time?

Will Elden Ring win more total awards than TLOU2?

• Yes

Votes: 111 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 130 53.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently around 27 total goty do you think Elden Ring has a shot to come close to TLOU2 300 goty awards? The last of us didnt have a GOW on it's tail like Elden Ring but it's not impossible. Ghost of Tsushima was the runner up on many list next to TLOU2.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Last of us 2 getting 330 is embarrassing. It's not a timeless classic at all like elden ring will be.

Was just a bad year if it won that many in my opinion.

I think time will tell, and the sheer zeitgeist hype in the peoples minds that elden ring mustered will dwarf last of us part 2.

If some basement dweller wants to come out with " but...but...but that last of us two received over 330 game of the year awards" let them lol everyone will really know the truth deep down, including them.

Elden ring is a masterpiece and doesn't need game of the year awards to prove it.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
300?

this-is-madness-300.gif

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Last of us 2 getting 330 is embarrassing. It's not a timeless classic at all like elden ring will be.

I think time will tell, and the sheer zeitgeist hype in the peoples minds that elden ring mustered will dwarf last of us part 2.

If some basement dweller wants to come out with " but...but...but that last of us two received over 330 game of the year awards" let them lol everyone will really know the truth deep down, including them.

Elden ring is a masterpiece and doesn't need game of the year awards to prove it.
I'm really liking Elden Ring so far but I can see why some would prefer TLOU Part II over Elden Ring and vice versa

mxbison

2020 was a great year.

TLOU 2
Half-Life Alyx
Ghost of Tsushima
Hades
FF7 Remake
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom Eternal
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Demons Souls
Flight Simulator

Much better than this year.

The salt has been flowing like crazy the past couple of days :)

Last edited:

sainraja

Elden Ring is a good game but it's not the end all, be all of gaming. It just looks like people on PS/Xbox really wanted a game that was like BOTW, no, they were hungry for one. Don't get me wrong or get triggered by my post (😄) but that is the impression I am getting.

And being open world does not automatically make a game better. Elden Ring is doing other things right, by adopting the BOTW formula and merging it with something people already liked (Souls type of games) so you can't really go wrong there unless you are just incompetent. Not to say it does not deserve praise but some people are acting like it is a completely new thing. It's not.

(Perhaps I already went through what people are now feeling about ER with BOTW so I don't feel like many here)

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

You are out to lunch. Its a timeless classic, just like the first game was.

Elden Ring was a lot of hype at launch and a few months after. But all people really talk about now is how many GOTYs it will win. Who's discussing the boss fights? The lore? No one.

TLOU 2, the game still frequently pops up on the main page of every gaming forum on earth 2+ years after its release, people still discuss the game as if it's new. Its started debates like arguably no other game in history.

And its story has easily allowed for the most in depth discussions of video game narrative debates ever.

And thats without even mentioning the fact that people still use it as a bar for animation, facial animation. Linear level design, stealth gameplay, etc. Its a classic through and through.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You are out to lunch. Its a timeless classic, just like the first game was.

Elden Ring was a lot of hype at launch and a few months after. But all people really talk about now is how many GOTYs it will win. Who's discussing the boss fights? The lore? No one.

TLOU 2, the game still frequently pops up on the main page of every gaming forum on earth 2+ years after its release, people still discuss the game as if it's new. Its started debates like arguably no other game in history.

And its story has easily allowed for the most in depth discussions of video game narrative debates ever.

Nah, the only debates I see are the people that say it's rubbish or those that Stan for it like it's some strange ...I dunno even how to explain it.

It's a great game, very well made but it's not anywhere near a masterpiece in my opinion. Completely agree that the first game is, and the second is very good. Just not that amazing tbh. Still, I'm very much looking forward to a third installment. I think Abby is great and I'm looking forward to where the team takes it.

Mercador

I hope but I doubt it, because several goties (?) will go to God of War. In my book, we'll still talk about ER in 10 years, TLOU2, not sure about that.

Barakov

Currently around 27 total goty do you think Elden Ring has a shot to come close to TLOU2 300 goty awards? The last of us didnt have a GOW on it's tail like Elden Ring but it's not impossible. Ghost of Tsushima was the runner up on many list next to TLOU2.
Eh, probably not. Elden Ring is probably one of my favorite games but it doesn't have the normie appeal that TLOU has. There's no way a journalist from Time magazine could beat some of the bosses in Elden Ring. Most of the bosses in this game would fry their brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom