• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will game reviewers be able to review all PS3/Wii launch titles before launch?

MrPonx

You can laugh at me if you want, but I base my choice on the games that I'm not sure of on reviwe scores. So I care...

How many launch titles will there be? 30? 40? plus tons of DS/PSP/360/PS2/PC games out at almost the same time

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The big sites probably will, like Gamespot, IGN etc but other sites expect a no on that one.

I wont get a console till launch day but I bet my reps send me games even though I cant play them :lol

At first, only buy games that you believe will undoubtedly be good. By the time you finish those games you were playing, more reviews will have been written and you can decide what to get next.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I was so close to get the debug unit and then Sony pushed back the launch to March. So it's no debug until next year for me, sad euro jurno :/

At the launch I think sites like IGN and GameSpot will get the hint that We don't want to know how our favourite games are going to be before we buy them. Such as Twilight Princess. Im sure many of us aren't going to read the review until we beat it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
MrPonx said:
You can laugh at me if you want, but I base my choice on the games that I'm not sure of on reviwe scores. So I care

nelson.gif

Chris_C

Do big sites like IGN and Gamespot get systems before launch? Well I guess they could review them on devkits... if they have those:p

Chris_C said:
Do big sites like IGN and Gamespot get systems before launch? Well I guess they could review them on devkits... if they have those:p

In the Wii's case, they could be getting real ones any day now, with review copies of games in a month or little bit over. We've already SEEN that the system is done and being prepared for packaging for launch, AND we've seen that some of the games are just flatout done. So I can expect a Wii Zelda review by the end of October, maybe a bit afterwards.

aku:jiki

BrandNew said:
In the Wii's case, they could be getting real ones any day now
No, production is really tight. Certain countries are just getting one (1!) unit before launch.

Like stated, the huge ones will probably be prioritized and get pre-launch units. Most sites/mags won't, and you'll have to wait. Some will be slightly dishonest and go to shows and play games for 30 minutes before reviewing them, as always.

BrandNew said:
In the Wii's case, they could be getting real ones any day now, with review copies of games in a month or little bit over. We've already SEEN that the system is done and being prepared for packaging for launch, AND we've seen that some of the games are just flatout done. So I can expect a Wii Zelda review by the end of October, maybe a bit afterwards.

I hope we don't.

We'll probably see reviews of the good to excellent games. Can't see anyone getting review copies of average / mediocre stuff as the publishers will be hoping a bunch of copies are snapped up in the launch madness the amount of which will be hindered by negative press.

Top Bottom