• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will halo infinite or horizon forbidden west get pushed to next year?

Which first party game will be delayed to 2022?

• Total voters

Umbasaborne

Banned
Neither of these big first party exclusives has a release date. Thats either because a delay to 2022 is still on the table, or they are waiting to see what the competition does.

I could see horizon forbidden west getting pushed to that february/march 2022 slot, after all, zero dawn enjoyed a lot of success in that time slot 4 years ago. If halo doesn’t make it out this year than frankly its a little embarrassing, given that its already had a full year delay.

We know covid reeked havoc on game development over the past year, so anything is possible. Just look at Gran Turismo or the new lego star-wars title.

edit: mods i fucked up the poll choice, if one you could change zero dawn to forbidden west i’d appreciate it 🤡

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think Halo will either hit right before Black Friday or right after.

Horizon will probably be February or March.
Yeah before black friday would be good, but maybe they will go for december instead to give forza more time to breathe? Not like theres a ton of crossover there though

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yeah before black friday would be good, but maybe they will go for december instead to give forza more time to breathe? Not like theres a ton of crossover there though

Forza is the beginning of November. Dropping Halo right before Black Friday would give them two huge system sellers going into the biggest shopping day of the year and a big supply drop of systems to retail that weekend.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'm 97% sure that Infinite will come out November-ish. The fact that they were pretty close to a release last year until the backlash from the underwhelming showing leads me to believe they just used all the extra time to tighten up the graphics on level 3.

Less confident about Horizon releasing this year, but we'll see. Unless Horizon's demo was just an extremely optimized vertical slice demo, it's probably ok to assume that the rest of the game runs as well as that demo did and no reason to think that they are having any issues behind the scene to warrant a delay. Those guys are tech wizards and have more or less learned their lesson since Killzone 2.

Last edited:

Jaybe

MS will make sure the halo infinite campaign gets out this year. With the game pass model it doesn’t have to justify full price or be a universal rousing success. They can drop a turd and polish it later (like SoT), or not (like CD3). The fact that by August of last year they thought they could still release it for launch, says they don’t have a high bar of quality for this game. It took universal ridicule for them to suck it up and push it to this year.

also the cinematic only E3 presentation for the campaign didn’t inspire any further confidence.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
What kind of negative thread is this?
I mean, its realistic? Covid fucked things up and its a little suspicious that neither game is dated. Microsoft is also still hiding halo infinites campaign, there was nothing of it at e3 except a cut scene and a 15 second shot of the land scape. Thats really shady. Are we only allowed to have threads where we scream about how “hype” we are for our favorite brands?

Last edited:

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
I think Halo is out this year, but I really do think the multiplayer and campaign will release separately. We've seen a lot of multi already, they are likely baking it now and it should be ready for release in September or October. I could really see the campaign getting a few more months of polish with a release into November or December. Both are separate "products" after all, so I really think this is going to happen. The minimal campaign gameplay shown during the conference and emphasis on the multiplayer makes me think this.

I don't think Horizon releases this year, it's likely a February release like Zero Dawn.

OK....

i must be one of those "xbox dudes" you're talking about cause i said i think it'll be delayed and Halo wont. i'll be playing HFW the day it comes out on my PS4. Loved the first game.

stop fanboying so hard.

You mean you want to be one of the the xbox dudes I was talking about? You're creepy senpai

Raekwon26

I mean, its realistic? Covid fucked things up and its a little suspicious that neither game is dated. Are we only allowed to have threads where we scream about how “hype” we are for our favorite brands?

Not really tbh.
Don't really find it suspicious tbh. Demons Souls and Miles Morales didn't get dated till after the 2nd PS5 Showcase and that was 3 months before release. Why can't this be the same for these two?

Vognerful

For Halo, if the campaign is not ready, they will release the multiplayer mode for sure.

I still feel that HFW has a significant chance that it would be delayed till next year. Maybe me fears are exaggerated and I wait to see further confirmation.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Both gettihng delayed to next year, pandemic has slowed dev work to a crawl, halo campaign might make it late nov tho,
Yeah i heard someone say recently that
For some company work from home made it so that no real progress was made for like 3 months or something. I dont remember if they said which game (not one of the ones i made the thread about)

Neither of these big first party exclusives has a release date. Thats either because a delay to 2022 is still on the table, or they are waiting to see what the competition does.

I could see horizon forbidden west getting pushed to that february/march 2022 slot, after all, zero dawn enjoyed a lot of success in that time slot 4 years ago. If halo doesn’t make it out this year than frankly its a little embarrassing, given that its already had a full year delay.

We know covid reeked havoc on game development over the past year, so anything is possible. Just look at Gran Turismo or the new lego star-wars title.

edit: mods i fucked up the poll choice, if one you could change zero dawn to forbidden west i’d appreciate it 🤡

Halo Infinite is holiday 2921, there are no more delays already confirmed by 343. I don't know why people are stuck on this.

Last edited:

Zones

Regarding Halo, I think there's also a possibility of the single player portion of the game getting delayed while the F2P multiplayer making it this year.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Regarding Halo, I think there's also a possibility of the single player portion of the game getting delayed while the F2P multiplayer making it this year.
That seems reasonable. The splash screen at the end of the showcase actually only specified multiplayer for release in 2021

LRKD

I think Halo is definitely releasing this year, even if it means they have to release it episodically as only a part 1 :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Horizon, I didn't enjoy the first game, so I haven't even looked at the second. It is certainly possible the game might get delated, a lot of games have been getting delayed.

Portugeezer

Halo probably waiting for COD date before announcing release date. The Epic Campaign might have a chance to slip but I don't think so.

Sony already commented on Horizon, on track for end of the year but no date to announce yet just to be safe.

Looks like they'll both make it this year.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Halo will be canceled 😂and they will start Development again with UE5 😃
I know your kidding, but they painted themselves into such a corner with that those slip space engine cg trailers. Because microsoft relied on cg that they tried to pass off as gameplay, they created an impossibly high expectation for the games visuals. People would not have been as hard on the first presentation if they had correctly set expectations before hand. That being said the game looks so much better than last year now. The delay was good for them.

MiguelItUp

Infinite was already delayed, so they can't afford another one, especially at this rate. Horizon honestly could very well be delayed as we haven't seen TOO much and they're still saying "2021". Would be cool if it wasn't though!

NEbeast

Halo is live service game so it wouldn't surprise me if they push it out this year even if it's not ready. They can just patch it as time goes on. Horizon has to be near perfect as it's a single player game and it absolutely could be pushed back to next year.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Horizon II: Forbidden West is the game that I believe gets pushed to February 2022. Sony will have the Death Stranding Remaster and Abandoned which is supposed to release this year. Plus, they'll have multi-plats and COD along with the GTA 5 remaster. They'll be fine. People will still buy a PS5 knowing that Horizon is right around the corner.

Top Bottom