• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will halo infinite or horizon forbidden west get pushed to next year?

Which first party game will be delayed to 2022?

• Total voters

mortal

Gold Member
If they do, then they do.

I don't see the value in making yourself anxious over hypothetical scenarios like this.

I hope I get to play both of them this year. But I kinda think both will be pushed back

Actually..Since its a free to play mode I could see Multiplayer for Halo launching this year and getting updates/content/patches injected into it through the holiday season with the campaign launching at the top of next year. Horizon I hope doesn't get a push back, but I could see it happening

Last edited:

Mentat02

Banned
3muZ.gif

Codes 208

The fact that there was no campaign footage shown at e3 is troubling
They showed a in-game cutscene with some snippets of the gameplay and we have seen campaign footage before. The MP being hyped up as the main focus was likely because this is the first time they’ve talked about it since the damn game was announced three years ago.

Halo is more than its campaign. That said, multiplayer being up and running with the flights starting this summer is a good sign if you ask me.

Last edited:
I don't see how this is even a contest really - they didn't sound to confident that Horizon would actually make it this year when asked after the gameplay video. It seems they are leaving the door open for it to be delayed.

Halo was delayed a full year, and is a live service game and the multiplayer beta starts this summer - I just don't see it being delayed again at all and I'm surprised anyone thinks otherwise. They even said the game was playable beginning to end from last year.

That's not Holiday 2021.

Holiday means anytime between Black Friday and Christmas.
I know, but giving such a large timeframe only ~5 months to launch is not normal and increases the odds of it being delayed. I'd say the earliest release would be in December but I really wouldn't be surprised if it drops in Feb like I said.

DeepSpace5D

I think there’s a 50/50 chance Horizon does or doesn’t make it this year. On the fence about it to be quite honest with no firm release date.

As for Halo: Infinite, I think the multiplayer definitely makes it this year. If the campaign releases this year however, I think there’s a good chance it’s released in an episodic or unfinished state with more added to it in the following year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom