• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Will I be able to play Titanfall on Switch?" "No. hahaha" says Sr Designer @ Respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like some devs still see Nintendo as a company that produces underpowered hardware not good enough to handle their games. This mentality by many third party devs has plagued Nintendo since they released the Wii. If you don't want to watch the video, I provided a transcript:

Mohammad Alavi: ...I was excited about it. Nintendo's been in such a niche market recently, catering to the handheld and the kids, they've been so underpowered that they don't have the support of the third parties because they're all making for the PC, Xbox One and PS4, and it's no different.
Micha: I am going to drink to it mainly because, I understand. It will be underpowered. I'm not going to be play Titanfall on it. Like, can you tell me?
Mohammad: Fuck no! No, you're not going to be able to fit Titanfall 2 on the Nintendo Switch. That's the same Zelda from the Wii U?

66MOGQ.gif

https://youtu.be/TtLUqTsY9kg?t=12m46s

I would have posted this in a generalized Switch thread but those are all locked. Sorry if old.

Kouriozan

It'll be that way until Nintendo goes out of business, too much damage has been done with 3rd party relationships, they will never recover from that.
Even if Nintendo made a powerful console, that wouldn't change mentalities.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So what? If I wanted to play those kinds of games, I'd have a PS4 or a PC. I don't think anyone buys a Nintendo system because they're interested in playing stuff like Titanfall. This is a loss for precisely nobody.

AgeEighty

Not saying he's right or wrong about the hardware, but I doubt that guy has even glanced at a Switch devkit or its specs.

shandy706

Why couldn't he just deny the release without being a douchebag ?

It's not even like he has anything to brag about : his game is bombing.

The game is amazing...but it's most likely it couldn't run on Switch unfortunately (without big changes/cuts).

I'd LOVE to have a mobile version of it though.

Also pretty sure the game isn't "bombing" even if it hasn't set the world on fire.

Permanently A

Well, he's not wrong. Its underpowered. Its not gonna get PS4/Xbox One ports. Its not a mentality. Its facts. There's a reason the FIFA port is the PS3 version.

Holy shit Nintendo fans are salty as fuck. Yeah he might have said it in a dickish way but he ain't wrong.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, sadly, he's not lying :/

He's just being a dick about it.

He must be on GAF.

Also, it's because Titanfall looks so amazing. C'mon guys, Nintendo? loll

Titanfall 2 looks better than anything that will ever come out on the switch, technically at least.

That is pretty obvious.

Guys delivery is off, but he's not wrong. The console is a bit under specs for the more demanding games, which shouldn't surprise anybody that just looks at the thing.

Bit of a tit about it. But yeah, it's obvious the Switch won't get proper 3rd party support due to the hardware alone. Never mind other reasons.

If Nintendo sell enough of them though on it's own merits they should get some good exclusive 3rd party stuff. Like on DS / 3DS. Smaller AA budget games probably.

Actually makes me not want to play Titanfall ever. With that being said, I just don't understand who is out there that wants to play Titanfall on Switch?

RobotVM

He is just made Nintendo didn't send him a Dev Kit.

Real Note: Why burn a bridge? Just say not at this time or something.

Jonnax

Ah man. Looks like the objective of the video is to get drunk whilst having a chat with some Devs.

The respawn guy looked pretty tispsy when he said that, it's a slip up. A bad PR move to say what everyone is thinking.

But hey, let's crucify him online about it! Woo.

Why couldn't he just deny the release without being a douchebag ?

It's not even like he has anything to brag about : his game is bombing.

Why so dickish?
You guys could watch the video.

1) It was a casual conversation and he was drunk

2) He was personally disappointed because he was hyped for the Switch but then it turned out it was once again another underpowered Nintendo console that's gonna have no third party support after the first year of ports
Switch has no need for dead franchises anyway.
It does have need for third party support though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom