• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to get a team together for quite a while now to no avail. I'd be down if it myself though.

:eek: Spy likes teh Despair? Cooool.

Yeah, let's get a group going. Let's exchange PSN names and we'll plan some times.

PSN - leechaolan

I can't play til later tonight (about 6 hours from time of this post) Hope to play with you guys :D

Kirie

Everything so far has been pointing toward that. I can't wait.

Same! If her name is actually Miriam though (which people seem to be disliking), I think it's kind of clever actually. Maria is a Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name Miriam. Not sure if that was done on purpose, but really cool nonetheless if that's her name :D

Same! If her name is actually Miriam though (which people seem to be disliking), I think it's kind of clever actually. Maria is a Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name Miriam. Not sure if that was done on purpose, but really cool nonetheless if that's her name :D

I don't think Miriam's a bad name, especially if this is period set. Some people gripe over names like Miriam or Esther, but in centuries past, they were kinda common names used.

Kirie

I don't think Miriam's a bad name, especially if this is period set. Some people gripe over names like Miriam or Esther, but in centuries past, they were kinda common names used.

Yeah, I completely agree. Glad to see others like it too! Maybe I'm just biased since my name is actually derived from it xD;

Any links to these rumors? On mobile this is hard keeping up.

Here you go: "It's real. Game is going to be called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Kickstarter goes live May 11th. Main character is NotShanoa named Miriam. She has rune tattoos on her body. NotAlucard will be named Gebel. "

"I'd post a pic but I'd get fired so fast. She has blue roses on her legs, shoulder length black hair and a stained glass sword."

Durante

:eek: Spy likes teh Despair? Cooool.

Yeah, let's get a group going. Let's exchange PSN names and we'll plan some times.

PSN - leechaolan

I can't play til later tonight (about 6 hours from time of this post) Hope to play with you guys :D
I'm up for Despair -- sadly only over the next 3 hours as of this post. (PSN DuranteA)

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I like Miriam, but I'm not very fond of Gebel. Well, we'll probably know for sure in about 23 hours+. I'm just glad it airs at a time when I'm actually home.

I also love the name Miriam. I believe that was the name of a woman that did the english voice of Akane for Ranma 1/2 (a nice dub ;p)

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

I'm up for Despair -- sadly only over the next 3 hours as of this post. (PSN DuranteA)

Cool adding you now, hope to play later :)

Actually SotN was my first Castlevania game I first played it about 3 years ago and I had absolutely no idea what was in it or what it was about.
My friends reaction to me not ever playing it was lending me his PSP and telling me to play it now. lol
Tons of people, myself included, play SotN completely blind. There is a lot less media on it than you think in the common scope of casual online hangouts.

Same can be said for Super Metroid, really. There once has been a thread on here asking for favorite games people have been very LTTP on and it basically turned into a Super Metroid thread. Most of these indie games really can't touch the design and atmosphere of either that game or SotN. I also haven't played them when they came out. In fact, I played more modern entries first and heard all that praise for both these titles over the years and the games I've played getting flack in comparison, which I couldn't fully comprehend. Until I've played them myself.

Kaldea

I'd be up for some HoD later but my PS3 isn't connecting to the servers very well. I have to figure out a wired connection set-up at some point I think. :p

Oh, and I also don't have a mic so I think I'd be a bit useless in the verbal area. D:

Sword Familiar

I wouldn't mind playing HD with you guys, but unfortunately I don't think our time zones would match. I'm in the +1 time zone, in Europe.

Anyway, there should be some new quotes coming up pretty soon. Probably the last set.

Edit: Maybe not?

Nicko

I do quite like the name Miriam as well. One of our technicians is named Miriam, and she's a total Rockstar. Can solve any problem we throw at her. She can figure out anything.

#MiriamRocks

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I would love to play HD CV but yesterday I spent the entire day glued to my Vita and I gotta get shit done today. >_<

Sword Familiar

Well, that's my timezone.

Oh, nice.

And sword > whip.

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK_zpskof3wnh9.gif

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Konami sucks for not releasing HD on PC :(

Edit: Actually, Konami just sucks. Period. But let's not discuss that in a joyful topic such as this :D. May the best sword win, come tomorrow

I'd be down to play later tonight, or any time really. Last few times I've checked the game was completely dead.

Well I won't be around for much longer today I think (yay timezones), and I'd have to hook up my 360 first anyway and such. We definitely can play tomorrow if you want.

Shy

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do you unlock items on that site, do you keep just clicking. ?

Foffy

Banned
i never put any money on Kickstarter but this time is almost impossible

I feel the same way. Usually games I am interested in I have hopes that they'll meet their goals - Yooka-Laylee, Mighty No. 9, La Mulana 2 - but this is perhaps the first time I'm willing to support it from the start.

Then again, this comes from the fact that pre-reboot, the Castlevania franchise was my all-time favorite franchise. I kinda feel I ought to support it, if it means we get something in the vein of that. I think all of the posts I've made here kinda show off I'm big on the franchise, for better or worse. :p

Foffy

Banned
Consider this guesswork, but I think I accidentally found a composer - and most notably of all, a song - to the game. Michael Kelly, the composer of said song, posted on Twitter that it was for something happening in the next 24 hours.

The tweet was sent about 24 hours before the start of the Igavania event is to begin. He also favorited a few tweets about the Igarashi hype, and even copied the original teaser message from the Twitter account linked to the teaser website.

It could be a coincidence for something else, it could be for the event itself - Romscout will be speedrunning something by the looks of it, so it won't just be about the new game - or this man is involved with the games' soundtrack. This could just be me looking into it too much, but that's quite a lot of stringy things one can align to make such an argument. Or maybe I am looking for reasons to spin it this way in my mind.

EDIT: Michael Kelly confirmed it's not related to Iga's project. Sorry for the confusion!

Crocodile

Consider this guesswork, but I think I accidentally found a composer - and most notably of all, a song - to the game. Michael Kelly, the composer of said song, posted on Twitter that it was for something happening in the next 24 hours.

The tweet was sent about 24 hours before the start of the Igavania event is to begin. He also favorited a few tweets about the Igarashi hype, and even copied the original teaser message from the Twitter account linked to the teaser website.

It could be a coincidence for something else, it could be for the event itself - Romscout will be speedrunning something by the looks of it, so it won't just be about the new game - or this man is involved with the games' soundtrack. This could just be me looking into it too much, but that's quite a lot of stringy things one can align to make such an argument. Or maybe I am looking for reasons to spin it this way in my mind.

Sounds good to me :)

I really reallllly hope Michru Yamane is involved to some extent even if only a few contributions.

it'd be cool to see Rom do something with this since he's been playing CV games for forever.

Foffy

Banned
it'd be cool to see Rom do something with this since he's been playing CV games for forever.

Romscout and Mecha Richter will presumably have a speedrun war, I imagine. I figure this is the case as Kari Fry apparently needs to get artwork done for tomorrow/later today - she's friends with him and does work with the speedrunning community - and has recently done artwork for Romscout and Mecha Richter as well as Fangamer's Reid Young and Steven Campos, who have even taken a picture with Koji Igarashi himself.

All of the people I've cited have very...vampiric artwork done by Kari.

And it appears the Comcept email very likely confirms this is not for awareness; they've involved. If Fangamer did the same, and they're there with Igarashi...that confirms a direct connection, not mere promotion. This would also explain why Inti Creates is flying out to San Francisco for something, too.

EDIT: Kari is also involved with something relating to the Kickstarter. If there was any doubt that his game would be crowdfunded, throw it away.

@MUWANdo

Banned

I'm not saying you're wrong, but why him, of all people? I don't know much about him but I don't see any immediate connections to 8-4, Comcept, Fangamer, whatever.

Foffy

Banned
I'm not saying you're wrong, but why him, of all people? I don't know much about him but I don't see any immediate connections to 8-4, Comcept, Fangamer, whatever.

Guessing, like I said. Consider it presently coincidental, more than anything.

If it pans out, well...lucky for me to look on Twitter. But if not, then it was all just overlapping timeframes.

EDIT: Salt mine alert, the following is from /v/ and that supposed leaker again. Again; don't buy into it outright.

"There may be plans for "social" elements and "freemium" content. Hopefully tomorrow shows otherwise."

"- 2.5D
- Story takes place during Industrial Revolution, church worried that demons will invade if science prevails
- NotShanoa, NotJonathan and NotAlucard are the characters I saw."

"Yamane is in. So is the main programmer from the GBA/DS games. I believe he directed Harmony of Despair."

"From what I've seen, it looks like OoE in 2.5D."

"They're listed as the dev in the document I saw. Don't know if they're just code monkeys or have a say in what goes on." (Referring to Inti Creates)

"From what I was told, drops are used for crafting skills and items. Seemed like Aria/Dawn with a middleman step."

"Miriam's hair is dark brown. Shoulder length. Don't recognize the artist, but reminded me of OoE. Miriam is the protagonist."

"Okay, I'm done for the night. Last bit of info is that Fangamer is doing the merch."

That last one...kinda makes me thinks this might be legit. Explains their involvement...

So it's about 8/9 pm here in GMT+1 (Berlin, etc.)? That's perfect! Enough time to finish work, go home, eat and doing some chores at home.

And then finally some (hopefully) good Metroidvania-stuff as the evening reward. :)

Durante

"From what I've seen, it looks like OoE in 2.5D."
That would be perfect. I know some people will disagree, but I've had more than enough pixel art games recently. I just replayed a bit of Dracula X Chronicles yesterday and despite the severe HW limitations it looks great.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That would be perfect. I know some people will disagree, but I've had more than enough pixel art games recently. I just replayed a bit of Dracula X Chronicles yesterday and despite the severe HW limitations it looks great.

Don't particularly care as long as it looks nice and Dracula X Chronicles looking great is overstating it but the elements flow together well for the most part. If they can do it similarly and fix the shortcomings it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom