• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will NeoGAF switch from Blue to Green anytime in the next 5 years?

Will NeoGAF lean Green by 2026?

• Yes, Microsofts investments will turn NeoGAF Green.

Votes: 25 17.6%
  • No, NeoGAF will remain a Sony stronghold in 2026.

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Let's Lay off the Infantile Console Warring bait threads.
I think it's safe to say that there's more PlayStation fans than XBox fans on NeoGAF. Nothing wrong with that considering PlayStations history over the last 25+ years, specifically the last 7 or so years.

That being said, the console industry is undergoing considerable change and it feels like preferences on NeoGAF are likely to change over the next few years.

Microsoft is now primed to be able to release a AA - AAA exclusive once per month, at an astonishingly affordable rate (GamePass). Many of those games will likely be single player in nature.

Sony seems to be pivoting hard to a multiplayer future as the majority of their teams are now working on multiplayer projects. Their investment into Evo, Discord, putting mics on controllers, certain patents (https://segmentnext.com/2021/07/13/sony-ps5-online-tournament-system/) etc...

If true, are we headed towards a sea change on NeoGAF in the next 5 years?

Hezekiah

Banned
I think it's safe to say that there's more PlayStation fans than XBox fans on NeoGAF. Nothing wrong with that considering PlayStations history over the last 25+ years, specifically the last 7 or so years.

That being said, the console industry is undergoing considerable change and it feels like preferences on NeoGAF are likely to change over the next few years.

Microsoft is now primed to be able to release a AA - AAA exclusive once per month, at an astonishingly affordable rate (GamePass). Many of those games will likely be single player in nature.

Sony seems to be pivoting hard to a multiplayer future as the majority of their teams are now working on multiplayer projects. Their investment into Evo, Discord, putting mics on controllers, certain patents (https://segmentnext.com/2021/07/13/sony-ps5-online-tournament-system/) etc...

If true, are we headed towards a sea change on NeoGAF in the next 5 years?
Microsoft to begin releasing AA and AAA exclusives every month 😁 - and at the same cheap rates for GamePass 😂.

OP needed to stop using Class A drugs before starting the thread.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Somewhere there is an Era poster with a dual account here reading this thread like this because their color isn't represented

angry miley cyrus GIF

1. The sea change is already happening, and MS hasn't really even launched a great first party game yet.
  2. MS will eventually have good first party games. They have too many studios. The question is not if, but when.
  3. When MS has multiple great games at a great price with great services and a powerful system and the cheapest system .... well ...
  4. Profit?
I think people will adopt multiple consoles. Strong competition from multiple companies will lead to a golden age of gaming for a short period.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
  1. The sea change is already happening, and MS hasn't really even launched a great first party game yet.
  2. MS will eventually have good first party games. They have too many studios. The question is not if, but when.
  3. When MS has multiple great games at a great price with great services and a powerful system and the cheapest system .... well ...
  4. Profit?
I think people will adopt multiple consoles. Strong competition from multiple companies will lead to a golden age of gaming for a short period.

Good luck managing all of those studios when it's obvious they've had issues currently with managing ones that have been with them for a good while.

Time will tell if booty can manage that many.

There's a reason Sony and to an extent Nintendo are as streamlined as they are.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Not allowed these days. You're ether a Dem (blue) racist (red) or not allowed to have an opinion (Ind)

Welcome to Gen Z/Young Mill politics.

In regards to gaming, well, who cares honestly. Popularity will swing all over the place depending on the weather. Get rich, own all three or your bias, lol
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Have you seen a PS5?

Once set in place, you can’t move it again even if you wanted to. Once a PS5 guy, always a PS5 guy.

I keep seeing people online stating that Xbox is less woke than Sony is. If this turns out to be true, I may actually jump ship.
maybe someone can give me more info on this?

RGB'D

I could see the sea changing especially if one of the PS big games is not well received (unlikely). Microsoft has a heck of a lot of potential in the pipeline and if Starfield, Redfall, Halo Infinite, etc. are hits, I think the momentum could change. That said I know a bunch of the usual suspects on my ignore list will go down with the ship even if the tide changes...

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Are we really assigning them colors like political parties now? Am I an independent if I like Nintendo?

Yeah, this type of mentality puts me off gaming.

Team green and team blue? FFS. It's turning gaming into politics. What's next? Will Sony and Microsoft fanboys have live debates on GAF to sway potential buyers? Will Sony and Microsoft pay people to post puff pieces on GAF?

Last edited:

skit_data

You also had conspiracy theorists talking how how the PS5 would be so much better that XSX would see support dropped in couple years! They had a whole thread dedicated to it!

You also got banned for saying Ps5 would be missing any RDNA2 features, even though it was true!
Conspiracy theorists on Gaf vs. Senior Editor at The Verge

The view that PS5 was quite inferior to Series X was more widespread a year ago than now, of that I am 100% certain.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theorists on Gaf vs. Senior Editor at The Verge

The view that PS5 was quite inferior to Series X was morespread a year ago than now, of that I am 100% certain.

Plus the broken games and the overheating rumors. With so much negativity a year ago I thought the PS5 was going to be a dumpster fire. Luckily it turned out to be a really great console. Those that wanted those rumors to be true are just salty.

Barakov

Gold Member
Hard to say. I think there's a fair amount of people who will stick with Sony no matter what. Outside of poasters on hardcore gaming forums it seems like people are warming up to the idea of getting the Xbox Series X here in the states. I think Europe will always be Sony land. MS would have to land a bunch of astronomically large 3rd party exclusives to turn that around.

I keep seeing people online stating that Xbox is less woke than Sony is. If this turns out to be true, I may actually jump ship.
maybe someone can give me more info on this?
1) Sony censors Japanese games more than Nintendo does now. 2) Naughty Dog exists.

No one really knows that much about MS yet.

theres seems to be a good split of ps and xbox fanboys here to be honest but obviously the more popular brand is going to have more fans. microsoft were almost universally hated from the xbox one reveal all the way to like 2019 but now there is some atleast some geuine excitement for them going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom