• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will NeoGAF switch from Blue to Green anytime in the next 5 years?

Will NeoGAF lean Green by 2026?

• Yes, Microsofts investments will turn NeoGAF Green.

Votes: 25 17.6%
  • No, NeoGAF will remain a Sony stronghold in 2026.

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irobot82

I tried to figure out how green and blue were competing currently and then I realized peasants were talking.

side note: I've never played anything on a Microsoft console...ever.

Excess

I live in Germany, have friends in Italy and Belgium. We are all 28+ (I'm 33). No one has an Xbox or ever had (I'm the exception, as I had a 360 for a few months). Five of us have a Switch (me included).
Huh, I wonder if Xbox is more of an American thing.

Also, my guess is that my age group grew up playing Xbox in college dorms and stuck with the brand ever since.

yazenov

Its already too late for any switch to happen. It's not going to happen and its just wishful thinking.

PS5 momentum is unstoppable. This generation is over. Sony won.

Just accept this reality or else you're in for a huge disappointment. MS is looking to end up dead last like last generation unless Nintendo fucks up the Switch 2.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Its already too late for any switch to happen. It's not going to happen and its just wishful thinking.

PS5 momentum is unstoppable. This generation is over. Sony won.

Just accept this reality or else you're in for a huge disappointment. MS is looking to end up dead last like last generation unless Nintendo fucks up the Switch 2.
I say: good. Keep them hungry. Make them work hard while Sony coasts.

jdforge

Banned
This thread reminds me when Nintendo cast off their usual red for grey during the Wii days.

Red Nintendo is best Nintendo.

Team Red for life.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I could see Sony being 3rd party by then for sure unless they bought up by one of the giants (Amazon, apple, google, MS).

Last edited:

baphomet

I'm more curious to know what the demographics are for each. I'm in my 30's, and I don't think I've met a single person who owns a PS4 vs an Xbox. That's purely anecdotal, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

>be at work
>what's your gamertag
>you're on xbox right?

late 30s.

360 era was the only time anyone asked for gamertags. I only know 2 people currently with an Xbox console and maybe 30 or so on playstation and probably 15 on PC.

I'm also associated with the largest independent game stores in my city and know game sales are nearing 10 to 1 for playstation.

arvfab

Banned
Huh, I wonder if Xbox is more of an American thing.

Also, my guess is that my age group grew up playing Xbox in college dorms and stuck with the brand ever since.

Probably. In Italy I heard Xbox 360 had some success because of piracy, but my friends never considered Xbox because of their exclusives (or lack of them).

I also doubt it will change anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom