• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Sony communicate a PC strategy? Do they have one?

Eanox

I still think People are overestimating the importance of PC market to Sony.
Sony’s bread and butter are PSplus and PSN.
The less console they sell the less subscriptions they will have.

ZywyPL

Banned
As soon as releasing 1st party games on PC will start bringing some serious money they will go all all aboard.

Gaz

I think Sony wants to keep quiet about its PC strategy. It can benefit from having day 1 exclusives that later on end up appearing on PC a year or two after without any formal commitment to the PC platform. That way, the PlayStation console really holds its value in the sense of exclusives alone.

SaucyJack

No. They will dabble, but they are full-on experimenting. At some point they have to figure out how to digitize their platform but not while they need to establish their hardware.

This. They're testing the water. If there's significant revenue there without harming console revenue then a strategy will develop.

vkbest

Yeah, I don't really buy it. If the PS4 can pull 120 million, why wouldn't the PS5?

Because XBOX will be more competitive, because they will lose almost all exclusivity games, because the market will down because coronavirus crisis, and last and most important because they has been pretty dumb for last 3 years

Jubenhimer

Because XBOX will be more competitive, because they will lose almost all exclusivity games, because the market will down because coronavirus crisis, and last and most important because they has been pretty dumb for last 3 years

PS5 will still have exclusives (plenty I might add), and if Sony plays their cards right, they can still reach at least 100 million consoles. I do agree that the recent pandemic will mean the PS5 will start a bit slow, but I think the market will recover eventually, which will no doubt help PS5 sales. Also, that last point makes no sense.

Last edited:
You will not see that until 3-4 years from launch. I bet PS5 will sell the half than PS4 sales on their lifetime.

LOL where do people come up with these crazy ass predictions for PS5? This one is almost as bad as the dude who said PS5 is not gonna launch this year.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Can't be all roses and sunshine because you then give those PC player's no incentive to pick up a PS5 or other PS consoles. Therein Sony doesn't get back their hardware investment.

There’s no incentive to buy a PlayStation in the first place if you own a capable PC. $500 to play at best 8 first party games a gen? On top of a yearly online subscription? There’s a reason they are putting these games on PC, it’s a market they will never convert.

Damigos

I want Sony to have nothing to do with PC. Like Nintendo has nothing to do with PC.
These 2 companies have a lot better sales than MS because of platform exclusivity

I think sony is waiting for sales figures on horizon to come in before making any strategy.

How much will it sell vs adverse effects if any.

If it sells gangbusters, then I think future ports would be possible.

Top Bottom