• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will The ‘Fast And Furious’ Crew Ever Go To Space? We Asked The Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Han got taken by aliens, clearly.

It is the cinematic question for the ages: When will the gang from the Fast and Furious movies go to space? With a new movie coming out next week, The Fate of the Furious, we are sad to report that, no, Dominic Toretto does not go into space. (Though, he does fight a submarine.)

Ever since the Fast and Furious films shifted from movies about car racing to movies about an international team of superheroes, this ”space" question has come up probably more times than is healthy. But in a movie franchise that prides itself on taking the stakes higher and higher ... well, they're eventually going to have to go to space.

I presented this to The Fate of the Furious writer Chris Morgan (Morgan has written all the Fast movies since The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift) and he certainly didn't rule it out. He didn't say ”yes," but, personally, I'm just going to accept this as a ”yes."

”Look, I get all versions of that question," says Morgan with a hearty laugh. ”I get, ‘Are you going to space?,' and, ‘Please, God, tell me you're not going to space because you'll lose me if you do.'"

This is the point I assured Morgan he wouldn't lose anyone. Then floated the idea that, in fact, he could only gain people.

Morgan replied, ”The only way I'd go to space is if I had something so good."

This is where I may have presented an idea where the hulls of the cars are specially fitted with a heat resistant alloy, so they'd be needed for reentry. Morgan had a better idea.

”What if Dom's long lost brother, Richard B. Riddick showed up?," Morgan asked me, in just a little more serious of a tone than I expected.

He then does his best Vin Diesel impression, ”‘Listen, brother.' Oh my God, I think Dom and Riddick would be so awesome."

Okay, fine, I'd pay money to see that movie. Anyway, Morgan swears there are no current plans for the Fast Family to go to space, but he's not ruling it out.

”Look, no plans for it right now, so hopefully people will be good with that," says Morgan. ”But, never say never. If we came up with the perfect thing and it made sense, it will be awesome." Morgan ended this sentence by making a rocket ship noise.

We will have much more with Morgan about the Fast and Furious franchise next week.

Make "Fast and Furious: A New Road" if old.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I'm beyond done with this series but I'd be there opening weekend if they had the balls to do this.

No, that will jump the shark.

I think it's a little late for that

a8c.jpg

Is basically F&F in a nutshell

They should have to go back to Japan, and to get there they drive their hot rods through a tunnel that Dom has bored through the core of the Earth and straight out the other side.

How about they go back in time to race with dinosaurs? Or a cross over with DC or marvel. I mean at this stage these characters are like super hero level strong anyway.

Ithil

Just do it. This franchise somehow turned from a bog standard early 2000s street racing series to whatever the hell it is now, so just push it as far as you can while it's around.

Why not? As long as they keep the completely nonsensical sequel naming conventions.

They can't go into space quite yet.

First they have to race the molemen people who hate the idea of Familia and think Corona tastes like piss water.

Then they have to team up with black Jesus when the devil is organizing a race to destroy the world and God agrees to it.

Then comes the space movie. Where a race of aliens come to steal all of the Corona.

Not on my neighborhood. Not with my Familia

caliph95

They can't go into space quite yet.

First they have to race the molemen people who hate the idea of Familia and think Corona tastes like piss water.

Then they have to team up with black Jesus when the devil is organizing a race to destroy the world and God agrees to it.

Then comes the space movie. Where a race of aliens known to steal all of the Corona.

Not on my neighborhood. Not with my Familia
The Space movie have to end with Dom saying:
I ain't protecting my species, i'm protecting family because they are all my family before punching the alien.

Transformers
X
Fast And Furious

Dom rides Optimus into space because they need humans to get into the space station. Hilarity will ensue when the Rock emerges from one of the smaller, joke cars.

2 billion at the box office.

You're welcome.

Mediking

Its insane how the Fast and Furious movie with Eva Mendes is still the best one in the series. Could watch it anytime.

Boke1879

Haven't watched any of these movies in full after Tokyo Drift. Just bits and pieces here and there.

But I'd be there opening fucking weekend just to see how they do this shit.

SaviorX

Don't be surprised if there is a scene where they literally drive a car into the air to jump over an actual shark.

I feel like people are ignoring the real headline of this article, which is that a lead writer for Fast & Furious is apparently mulling the idea of crossing over with the Riddick franchise.

Transformers meeting them would make the most sense guys and everyone would see it. I can see so many scenes.

Dom and Optimus have a deep heart to heart.
The Rock gets the smallest car but uses rocket launchers.
Tyrese gets into arguments with his car because it won't let him drive it sometimes.
The space station they go to is being controlled by Decepticons so the humans go into destroy it from the inside while some of them fight inside their cars, transformed, on the moon.

Moneeeeeeeeeey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom