• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will there be a forum update that lets us also ignore the reactions of ignored members?

Melon

Banned
emH4k97.jpg

All of those warnings should be for using GAF Light theme.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Haha. I didn't know there was a warning tracker too.

I have 2.

One about bumping the Control RTX graphics thread with my various posts about before and after pics, and an old one about using inflammatory language.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don’t understand why we need an ignore feature to begin with. Enjoy the discourse.

If someone is that butt-blasted by what someone else says on the internet that they need the person’s entire presence expunged from their feed, perhaps former someone needs to take some time away.

Additionally, if someone is causing that much discontent, (I.e. multiple users have beef with one user), a community vote for ban consideration (with receipts of course) might be in order.

No matter how butt-blasted I may become, I won’t ignore someone.

Seems counterproductive to the entire point of a forum anyway. We’re supposed to be having discussions, if we all ignore each other, we’re already creating our micro echo chambers.

Besides, you should assume the user you’re posting to May know something you don’t.

Or you can just ignore me and my post.
I hear ya.

Only time an ignore feature is needed to me is if the site's forum is not regularly moderated so it let's through spam crap. You get that on stock message boards sometimes where you can tell the post by someone is a bot spamming a shitty penny stock or a crap investor website to 100 different stock boards in 10 minutes.

Gaf is moderated though and I've never seen a spam post like that.

So ya, just ignore the person. And who cares if you see the posters name in a Like icon list.

Weilthain

Banned
Reading opinions from people I disagree with or outright dislike is the only way I can learn to like them or come to understand them better. Usually I come round to liking everyone if I just give them a chance. If I just ignored people it would be boring.

Michele

you.
All of those warnings should be for using GAF Light theme.
I just realized I had a 1 year old warning for inappropriate content on the ERA thread. Not only that, but the warning doesn't expire at all, it insteads stays in my profile.

Nooooooooooo, my profile is now tainted! I really hate warnings on my profile! At least it's not public thanksfully, or peoples could've mocked me for that.

brap

Banned
I just realized I had a 1 year old warning for inappropriate content on the ERA thread. Not only that, but the warning doesn't expire at all, it insteads stays in my profile.

Nooooooooooo, my profile is now tainted! I really hate warnings on my profile! At least it's not public thanksfully, or peoples could've mocked me for that.
im still finna mock you
tumblr_mf7jpsVy761qaa163o2_250.gif

Papa

Banned

One of us!

It’s public now btw.

Whitecrow

Banned
Never let a machine handle your emotions for you.

Tighten up dude. Else you will never learn and you wont be able to handle real life situations.

iconmaster

Banned
Ignore is a beautiful feature. Since it expanded to threads I haven't needed to ignore a member (though I still insist there are times when it's necessary -- future permabans not yet banned).

Cybrwzrd

Banned
My samurai code doesn't allow me to use the ignore function. It feels week and cowardly. I prefer to express my discontent in the most impotent of ways, through a thumbs down reaction pic.

I totally agree. Ignore features are a terrible idea. Grow thicker skin and develop a healthy immune system. Don’t cover yourself in hand sanitizer and live in a protective bubble.

Nymphae

Banned
Grow thicker skin and develop a healthy immune system.

I don't know why people often seem to think using the ignore feature comes from an aversion to seeing things we disagree with or can't handle. To me it's like walking around your house with a piece of shit on the floor or something. Yeah, you could just choose to avoid it, but why not just get rid of the thing? I'm not learning anything new by looking at this piece of shit everyday, and it's smelling the same as it did yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. You just get tired of some stuff, not so much offended or unable to deal with. I have a few posters on my list who either post copious gif spam or massive 888 I get tired of scrolling past.

Last edited:
Top Bottom