Will we see a port of Borderlands on Nintendo Switch?

E3 is coming soon, and with the rumors that Borderlands 3 will be announced, do you think we see any form of Borderlands will come to Nintendo Switch?

Even if it is any of the Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Handsome collection, or Borderlands 3.

A long time has passed since Switch launched and Randy Pitchford and Gearbox may have taken a different stance with the success of NBA 2k, and other third parties on Switch.

What do you think GAFfers?

Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel were ported to the Shield devices and they ran like shit. Better than the Vita version by a mile but not good enough for me to actually put a significant amount of time into. If the performance was better, maybe but it'd have to be a really solid port.

I think it would be smart to have a version of some version of Borderlands on Switch. Even if it was a Deluxe version of borderlands 2, with some Nintendo skins and weapons.

What percentage of Switch owners don't have a PS4, Xbox One, or a gaming PC? Has there been some accurate data released on that topic? Because I think that would tell you how appealing a port would sound from a sales perspective. Did Skyrim do well on the Switch?

Skyrim was over 500k sold last time it was reported in January. Some people are expecting it to be crossing 1 million units soon.
This sounds good but not great to me. I know it's an old port on a new platform, but if Skyrim can't pull better numbers than that (and I'm kind of afraid to see what happens with Doom and Wolfenstein 2), then Switch will once again see a drop off in support, even though it is (for now) a fairly easy platform to get (some) cross-platform games running on.

As for Borderlands, if 3 really is coming this year, then whether or not we see a Switch port probably depends on how intensive the game is to run and how large it is. The Switch could easily run a Handsome Collection for example, but cartridge sizes would be a definite problem. Also, the timing might not be right (they'll want to focus on pushing 3)

That said, if they can make it work, handheld borderlands--especially with local wireless coop--would be great. They could even do a souls-meets-streetpass PVPVE mode, where other local players just show up in your game, though that would probably kill the battery.

What percentage of Switch owners don't have a PS4, Xbox One, or a gaming PC? Has there been some accurate data released on that topic? Because I think that would tell you how appealing a port would sound from a sales perspective. Did Skyrim do well on the Switch?
I have all three and would buy Handsome Collection a second time (ie. The 5th or so time I thought Borderlands 2) for Switch.

Portability at the performance level of the Switch is huge to me : Playing Splatoon 2 on a handheld is awesome.

Bioshock collection, COD remasters, Fortnite (!!!!!).... I had DK Tropical Freeze for WiiU I'm ready to rebuy, I want everything on the Switch.

My Xbox was sent to my nephew I've used it so little recently (and saw nothing for a 9 month period I cared about) and my PS4 is Fortnite only as of late. Love my Switch.

I'd rather not PSVita Borderlands was pretty bad I feel like a Switch port might just be the same.
I dont see the connection. For starters the switch is still miles ahead of the vita in the hardware department and unlike the vita, switch has both triggers and bumpers. So theres nothing thats really preventing the switch from playing a port or rez bump version of a 360 game but that being said, it likely wont happen just because gearbox gonna gearbox.

Yeah, I wouldnt use the vita version or even the nvidia shield version as an example. Nvidia shield versions are not well optimized. But I think Shield is more powerful than Xbox 360. So a shield or Switch should be able to run a version of the 360 game.

This sounds good but not great to me. I know it's an old port on a new platform, but if Skyrim can't pull better numbers than that (and I'm kind of afraid to see what happens with Doom and Wolfenstein 2), then Switch will once again see a drop off in support, even though it is (for now) a fairly easy platform to get (some) cross-platform games running on.
Wait is a million units not a lot of sales? In what world?
I've been playing DOOM daily myself. Online mostly. I've been saving for skyrim or Xenoblade. can't decide. Never played either IP except morrowind.