Will Wright says: recreate the Enterprise in Spore

#51
I really hope that this game doesn't strain my system. Color me intrigued.

I'm sure 99 percent of you will flame me, but I'm really hoping for a console port.
 
#53
bengraven said:
I really hope that this game doesn't strain my system. Color me intrigued.

I'm sure 99 percent of you will flame me, but I'm really hoping for a console port.
That will happen for sure. EA has already announced DS port. It's just matter of time. I'm gonna buy PC version.
 
#54
bengraven said:
I really hope that this game doesn't strain my system. Color me intrigued.

I'm sure 99 percent of you will flame me, but I'm really hoping for a console port.
Well it's coming out for the DS, so I don't think a console version is out of the question.
 
#57
Too bad Will Wright works for evil EA. I've heard that he has complete freedom to do whatever he wants. But still, EA logo on one of the most innovative game, will sure hurt my eyes.
 
#59
MirageDwarf said:
Too bad Will Wright works for evil EA. I've heard that he has complete freedom to do whatever he wants. But still, EA logo on one of the most innovative game, will sure hurt my eyes.
Get over it. Everything I've read about this game (and I've read a lot) indicates that he does indeed have complete freedom and control.
 
#61
#62
bengraven said:
I really hope that this game doesn't strain my system. Color me intrigued.

I'm sure 99 percent of you will flame me, but I'm really hoping for a console port.
Not gonna flame you dude. You gave a valid reason (your PC != high-end), you're cool in my book.



Holy crap, best games ever. COMBINED.
 
#68
Oh my GOD i cant barely wait for this ame to come out!
I NEEEEEED IT!

Please release date! News, videos, specs, tools... FEED ME!

YEah i wanna playit this bad! It'll get me out of my WoW addiciton!
 

Pimpbaa

Official Forum Cocksucker
#70
My carebear'eque creatures with scorpion tails and claws will take over the universe! This game is a sandbox genre lovers dream come true (I hope!). Can't wait.
 
#71
It would be really great if Spore team decides to make Spore moddable. Does anybody have any information on this? There will be sooooo many things to to do in Spore with mods.

This idea ****ing COOL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_video_game

Wikipedia said:
Massively single-player

Wright calls the game a "massively single-player online game". Simultaneous multiplayer gaming is not a feature of Spore. The creatures, vehicles, and buildings the player can create will be uploaded automatically to a central database (or a peer-to-peer system), cataloged and rated for quality (based on how many users have downloaded the object or creature in question), and then re-distributed to populate other players' games. The data transmitted will be very small — only a couple of kilobytes per item transmitted, according to Wright, (due to the aforementioned procedural generation of material).
If Will and his team be successful to implement his vision, this game will be a big milestone in game industry. On every aspects.

I'm highly pumped up for this game.
 
#72
DarthWoo said:
I could swear I've seen an earlier version of that chart. I wonder if the creator has just been adding to it, or if it was somebody else's. Kinda disappointed at the lack of Stargate's Prometheus and Daedalus (maybe some Ha'taks and Wraith Hiveships) but I suppose they might be just dots in comparison. Much like B5's Earth Alliance ships, I'm quite fond of Earth ships being portrayed as ugly flying grey boxes.
You're looking for this:

http://www.merzo.net/

A much more complete size comparison site.
 
#73
Brashnir said:
a single X-wing took out the Death Star. . .
That's because they put the weak point right on the surface of the station.

With the Death Star II they got smart. They put it inside the damn thing. Except that they just happened to get attacked while the station was only 2/3rd's done, so the weak point was still exposed. Still. Had it been finished, I assure you the Empire would have been smart enough to keep it protected this time.

BTW, where's the Death Star on that chart? (I assume it's way too big to even fit on the image.)

Accorting to Wikipedia the Death Star was 160 Kilometers in diameter. So that would be 9.15 times the length of the Executor Class ship on that diagram. That's a 20,000 pixel wide image. ;)
 
#74
Borys said:
Holy crap, best games ever. COMBINED.
The only downside is that odds are one or more of those segments will fail to deliver, simply due to the sheer number. Hopefully they'll spend most of the time on the meatier civ segments and half-ass the "go eat some animals" part.
 
#75
Yoboman said:
Is it possible to create giant mechs though?

- 200 cool points if it can't be done
I'm almost positive the vehicle creation screen showed mech-like creations in one of the public demos.


Also: Holy shit @ molecular level.
 
#77
Battersea Power Station said:
I really hope when he says Risk/Civilization he's just talking about scale. I can't get into turn-based games.
Just scale, all is realtime.

And yeah, I also didn't know about the molecular stage either.
 
#79
Jasoco said:
That's because they put the weak point right on the surface of the station.

With the Death Star II they got smart. They put it inside the damn thing. Except that they just happened to get attacked while the station was only 2/3rd's done, so the weak point was still exposed. Still. Had it been finished, I assure you the Empire would have been smart enough to keep it protected this time.

BTW, where's the Death Star on that chart? (I assume it's way too big to even fit on the image.)

Accorting to Wikipedia the Death Star was 160 Kilometers in diameter. So that would be 9.15 times the length of the Executor Class ship on that diagram. That's a 20,000 pixel wide image. ;)
http://starshipdimensions.net/
 
#81
Finally we can settle the debate between Star Wars vs Star Trek. Star Wars is going to beat down those Star Trek ships. :p

So does this automatically make Spore the ultimate geek game.
 

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
#84


Can I? Can I? CanI? CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?
CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?CanI?

Some of these too?



EDIT: Minus the transforming, of course.
 
#85
Spore Interview here (8 pages).

Interesting stuff. I've been kind of meh about this game, but when Will talks about it, for some reason I want to believe.

I'm just afraid it'll be like B&W, where there's really no point to the game.