• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be buying Fallout 76?

LOLCats

Banned
lol agreed.

The main story was trash, but I've never even played that series for its main story. Its like 13 hours main story annnnnnnd 100 hours cool side quest lol

I would NEVER buy a Fallout game for that purpose as they never really had that good of main stories to really spend so much stock on, side quest and atmosphere I'd argue is what I play it for 99.9% of the time.

Na i felt fallout 3 and new vegas main story lines were pretty decent, especially new vegas. I agree its not the main gameplay element, but it sets the tone for the game. And “find the missing baby” just didnt do it for me.

Kreydo

Not really, they even said they are still doing single player fallout games, JUST like ESO exist an they are doing Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield.

It was never a replacement for the SP Fallout games....
It's not what i meant, but they will add MT and game builded arround scammy practicing in their incoming solo game if the fan don't make it clear.

If people support this, you can be sure to have less solo game and more GaaS game from Bethesda.

We are on a Gaming board, people here should all be responsible about what they buy, they are full aware of what is happening in the gaming industry with MT and GaaS.
They have no excuses, if you support Fallout 76 you are a just a braindead consumer, period.

Last edited:

GenericUser

I was interested at first, because I really like bethesdas open world games but then decided not to buy.

Reasons:
- Can't stand the wasteland look anymore
- imo nothing really fresh besides the online mode
- much stronger titles available this fall (for me rdr2, bo4, dragon quest 11 and just recently announced, path of exile for ps4).

Sorry bethesda, but you need to step your game up to sell these kind of games.

Grinchy

Banned
I can't see myself buying it. It looked incredibly boring from the streams I watched. The streamers weren't overly negative about it, but to me, it looked so pointless.

Last edited:
im not really diggin this game. like others have said the lack of like purpose or whatever or any kind of story to push it turns me off

Ribi

already preordered and the beta is fun with a friend just hope somethings get patched but the game overall is good

EDMIX

It's not what i meant, but they will add MT and game builded arround scammy practicing in their incoming solo game if the fan don't make it clear.

If people support this, you can be sure to have less solo game and more GaaS game from Bethesda.

We are on a Gaming board, people here should all be responsible about what they buy, they are full aware of what is happening in the gaming industry with MT and GaaS.
They have no excuses, if you support Fallout 76 you are a just a braindead consumer, period.

"If people support this, you can be sure to have less solo game and more GaaS game from Bethesda"

Ummmm ok. Where did you read this info? Link or? ESO never stopped Elder Scrolls VI soooooo if that was going to happen, proof would simply be NO Elder Scrolls VI or Starfield or Doom, or Doom 2, or Rage 2 soooooo doesn't help your point when the team telling you they will keep making SP titles, ares still making SP titles.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope - the more I see the more I know I won't like it.

Kreydo

Ummmm ok. Where did you read this info? Link or? ESO never stopped Elder Scrolls VI soooooo if that was going to happen, proof would simply be NO Elder Scrolls VI or Starfield or Doom, or Doom 2, or Rage 2 soooooo doesn't help your point when the team telling you they will keep making SP titles, ares still making SP titles.
ESO never stopped Elder Scroll?! Are you serious?! TESV is from 2011 it's been already 7 YEARS, and TESVI won't be out before 2022 so 11 YEARS.
Rage II is an open world game with MT, you will probably find a cash shop a bit similar to Shadow of Mordor.
And about FPS like Doom, Bethesda is trying to push a "Doom" game with GaaS called Quake Champion.

Dude open your eyes, you are incredibly naive...

Bethesda had goldbar with modding, but still couldn't help to fuck it up and screw modders, instead of doing something similar to Valve with Dota workshop.

For Fallout 76 and incoming games the whole point isn't about multiplayer or Co-op, no no.
Bethesda could have made a Skyrim Co-op or a Fallout 4 Co-op, mods that do this already exist since years, but they would not make much money...
They have to adapt their game design to the MT system, to make the player believe it's optional but to still create the need to buy things.

Because yes! The whole point is about MT, GaaS and making as much money they can with the minimum effort. So of course you will have your Fallout V "solo" in a fucking decade, ON mobile and with a power armor MT at 9.99$ at the begining of the game.

Last edited:

EDMIX

ESO never stopped Elder Scroll?! Are you serious?! TESV is from 2011 it's been already 7 YEARS, and TESVI won't be out before 2022 so 11 YEARS.
Rage II is an open world game with MT, you will probably find a cash shop a bit similar to Shadow of Mordor.
And about FPS like Doom, Bethesda is trying to push a "Doom" game with GaaS called Quake Champion.

Dude open your eyes, you are incredibly naive...

Bethesda had goldbar with modding, but still couldn't help to fuck it up and screw modders, instead of doing something similar to Valve with Dota workshop.

For Fallout 76 and incoming games the whole point isn't about multiplayer or Co-op, no no.
Bethesda could have made a Skyrim Co-op or a Fallout 4 Co-op, mods that do this already exist since years, but they would not make much money...
They have to adapt their game design to the MT system, to make the player believe it's optional but to still create the need to buy things.

Because yes! The whole point is about MT, GaaS and making as much money they can with the minimum effort. So of course you will have your Fallout V "solo" in a fucking decade, ON mobile and with a power armor MT at 9.99$ at the begining of the game.

"ESO never stopped Elder Scroll?! Are you serious?! TESV is from 2011 it's been already 7 YEARS, and TESVI won't be out before 2022 so 11 YEARS. "

Soooo you don't know what the word stop means huh?

ESO is done by a different team then the one that is doing TESVI. They are irrelevant to each other....

Rage 2 isn't an MMO or an online only game etc, very much a single player game so your point makes even less sense
Doom still a single player game....sooooo even less sense.

Keep in mind, what you are trying to say will be the future of Fallout or Elder Scrolls is based on zero factual information, just some wild tinfoil hat ranting lol

Be like "no more SP"

Doom, Doom 2, Rage 2, Evil Within 2, Starfield, The Elder Scrolls VI and we even left some out for fun......

So reality vs.....well you. lol

Last edited:

Petrae

I Bethesdon’t care for Fallout games, nor do I care for multiplayer games. This one’s an easy skip for me.

Lilseb93

I'm a big Fallout fan, but I'm not a fan of 76. I prefer a more story driven Fallout game. It sounded cool on paper, but the execution isn't there for me. I don't like that Bethesda thinks their bugs is a cute feature of their games. It's not. Update your engine. Honestly, it just looks like a modded Fallout 4 with online features. But most importantly, I don't play Bethesda's games for multiplayer.

Last edited:

Inviusx

At first I was hyped, then I did a complete 180 about a month ago and was against it. Now I've done another 180 and I'm back on board. So yeah I'll be there day one.

EDMIX

Whatever you say, you seem to dumb to understand my point, or just plain trolling.
Won't argue with you anymore, believe what you want.

You name call, I give facts.

You are simply mad that what is being listed is very much single player games that basically hurts your point that the team will stop doing something they are very much confirming they are still doing by actually DOING IT soooooo your argument is factually incorrect.

That isn't trolling, that is telling you factual information bud.

Marking you under ignore btw as it seems something is legit wrong with you. lol, i mean....you are arguing that a team will stop doing something that they are still doing, still showing you they are doing, confirming new sp titles etc lol Sooooooooo hard to fight facts man.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

giphy.gif

Haven't even played Fallout 4, it didn't look very good either.

Last edited:

Kreydo

You name call, I give facts.
Not enough "lol" in each of your sentence.

Guess why you couldn't understand the whole issue isn't multiplayer or solo game... But GaaS, MT and subpar product.
Don't quote or start a debate with someone if you don't even understand the subject.

Don't worry we get you like Fallout 76 and is totally biased about it, good for you kid.
I also like to eat my pen cap when bored, but i never pretended it taste good.

Last edited:

kevm3

I got it free with the Xbox

I'm not very hyped to play it because I'm not sure what exactly it's trying to do. Online mediocre shooter? I put up with Fallout combat which wasn't bad, but certainly not great because of somewhat of an interesting world to explore, but removing npcs kind of threw that in the trash.

Traianvs

Yes, already pre-ordered on ps4 pro.
I love the idea of an open world survival in a post apocalyptic landscape and the online component doesn't bother me.
I like the Bethesda fallout games because they have beautifully crafted worlds to explore, not for their npc and stories that are usually shit.
If I want to play the fallout rpgs that I love I still have fo 1,2 and new Vegas an they are still masterpieces. They are not made retroactively bad because of fallout 76

Freeman76

When its really cheap (which wont be long) I will have a mess around with it. Looks a bit buggy and miserable for me.

Ragnaroz

Nope, I have 0 interest in multiplayer Fallout and all the issues that are gonna come up with using that same 20 year old engine in such a game.

Kadayi

Banned
No. In truth Fallout 4 didn't gel with me (fuck base-building) and I can't be fucked with MP gaming these days. But maybe add a poll OP?

Last edited:

Nutsogood

Neo Member
Nope, sorry but Fallout is just too stale... maybe when they update their game engine to modern day standards. Not a graphics whore but all fallout games look like crap. It's been 10 years, all of them look the same. Story only goes so far when you got weak game play and graphics.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Looks like crap, runs like crap, plays like crap. Don't tell Bethesda that you'll buy any shit they shovel into a box as long as it has Fallout on the cover.

Don't send that message.

This statement can be said about almost any Bethesda games, but some of them are still great.

No, not at launch.

As for down the road, maybe but it's probably not likely, there's too many other big I want to play soon to spend a whole lot of time on another not that great Fallout, especially one that doubles down on my least favorite aspect of 4 (the crafting and building)

Nope, sorry but Fallout is just too stale... maybe when they update their game engine to modern day standards. Not a graphics whore but all fallout games look like crap. It's been 10 years, all of them look the same. Story only goes so far when you got weak game play and graphics.

I wouldn't say 4 looks like crap, but it is inconsistent, sometimes it looks nice but sometimes it looks well below par for the current gen (I played on with maxed out settings fyi)

I think the trouble stems from the crafting and building mechanic, if you look at the concept art for the game it shows much larger scale, more intricate environments that probably had to be toned down to account for the building and crafting engine.

If it was a more handcrafted world it probably would have looked way better.

Duallusion

I was potentially interested as a day 1 purchase (been with the franchise since the original) and imagined it sort of like a Warframe in Fallout universe kind of thing (which is probably not too far off a comparison) but now I changed my mind to "maybe when it's 15 bucks".

It can wait for my solo run and it'll probably be in a much better state down the line too.

Filben

Hell no!

I've played the beta and while the combat itself was sort of fun (like in F4) this game is pure grind. Nothing else. There is no real story, or with that being said, I had the feeling the story is about the overseer whose footsteps (and audiologs) you're constantly following. It's not your story as in every Fallout before; your character is faceless despite having a good character editor. The graphics, while offering some great scenery seems to have gotten worse due to the unnecessary and aggressive DoF – and the performance is still subpar and is fluctuating from solid 60 fps down to 35 (and don't give me that "it's a beta" crap – no, it isn't and F4 suffered from the same issue). The engine needs to be shelved; 2018 and many indoor areas still requires a bloody loading screen.

The PvP sounded good on paper but just doesn't work. I tried to test the PvP but only two out of ten players would fire back, and if they don't you'll rather run out of ammo before killing them with the reduced damage. The HUD was improved and offer a few new and cool QoL features like showing the condition of an item before you pick it up. Still, no NPCs, no dialoges... the world in Fallout always felt rather empty and you lonely, but this emphasise even more on that. I don't even know how and why the PvE events starts... who exactly tells me to start that food processing machines again? And for whom anyways? There is zero sense in the narrative and zero character motivation (you know, like finding your dad or son).

I even liked F4 really much even with the toned-down RPG elements, but THIS is a whole new level of god-awfullness – and I use such words rarely, avoiding hyperboles. They also charge full price for this Euro-junk game (no improvement on animations, no adjustable FOV, lack of support for different display formats than 16:9, etc. etc.)

So nope. I new Fallout like the previous ones but with coop is probably too much to ask for Bethesda. They publish great games, but as developers they have a lot to improve on. Since ever. But they don't care because people buy their stuff and fix their stuff for them anyways.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
no. i just don't have much interest in it. i like fallout but an online multiplayer game? no thanks.

plus it looks janky af. i might pick it up when it's dirt cheap but i have plenty of other games i want to play.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
It doesn't look much better than games like Rust, but Todd Howard sure knows how to have his way with me. I'm interested, but honestly my decision could entirely hinge based on its business practices. If it includes microtransactions, or if the only way to mod it is with the Creation Club and PaId MoDs, then I imagine my interest will be easily lost. I'll probably have to wait and see, I don't care about being getting in early.
I'm a pretty huge fan of post-apocalyptic settings though, I watch, play, read the genre constantly, so the idea of being able to explore a wasteland with my friends always does sound fun. But if the content isn't engaging (no NPCs?) then no setting can save the game.

Last edited:

Macrotus

The beta was only for people who preordered, so I couldn't make the decision wether to buy it or not unfortunately.
If I were to buy it though, I'd probably get the PC version. (I do have a PS4 but its the OG edition and my PC has a better GPU.)

LostDonkey

No.

Last fallout game i played was 3. They are just so buggy and janky I cant get into them.

Last edited:
I'd be in for some more F4 style exploration, but I'm not into mp it'd just break my immersion having other people bounce around the map. Having no companions or other NPCs also limits the game a lot, despite what people might think about Bethesda's storytelling. It looks like I might give this one a pass entirely, or get it at a later point after patches and improvements, maybe after they add in mod support and private servers etc. I'm not really in a hurry as there's plenty of other games to play. RDR2 really made me a lot less enthusiastic about the idea of going back to Bethesda clunk, especially without any mods to fix it.

Last edited:

coolmast3r

No.

The game is essentially a low effort "game as a service" cash grab with very little interesting stuff in it to do, and I'm not even mentioning the outdated tech it's built on...

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Fallout 4 bored me to death and this takes the mediocre bits of fallout (the shooting) and straps them to an MMO without properly understanding how to run an MMO, looks janky as hell, etc. Nope. As others have mentioned, Hitman 2 is my game purchase this month.

EDIT: Oh yeah and microtransaction hell. Fuck that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simply_Bry

The beta looked so clunky, messy and buggy. Most importantly it looked very boring and empty without NPCs. It's also time for Bethesda to get rid of that horrible Creation engine and start something new from the ground up.

Nope...love fallout as a series, but 76 felt really empty and the constant open mic voice chat drove me crazy. Yes, I know you can mute people, but I shouldn't have to mute people one at a time. It ran terribly too. My system isn't the best, but it ran Fallout 4 at 1440p 60 no problems. No modding is also a factor.

Ozrimandias

I was very excited when FO76 was announced. (Been a big fan of Fallout games)
But at the time passed, more lights about the game where showed, the least i like.

Till now, i absolute dislike the game, the aestethic, the concepts, the "no npc", the bugs, i mean.....all that i tolerate in the past fallout games (even New Vegas on PS3) in today standard is unnacceptable. Paying a full price for an unnfinished product or early access its a modern practice that im against of.

No, im not buying it. I deleted it of my "wishlist". Not gonna buy it now, not gonna buy it never i think. In fact, a deep part of me wants the game to fail so hard (and i feel sorry about this for the people who puts so much in develop this game) but those who's in charge (hines and howard) must know, that this "just doesnt work". And howard, hopefully "descend" from that cloud he is in.

A look at the past games (the first ones, FO3, NV) and now....i think theyre killing the franchise slowly.

Top Bottom