• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be buying Fallout 76?

No but not because of any bullshit that came up over the last month i just dont have interest in the majority of multiplayer games, i can see myself playing co op in a main single player fallout or elders scrolls but thats the extend of it. Playing stuff like morrowind, oblivion and skyrim is always a very personal thing to me.

Truth.

I loved Fallout 3, I really loved Fallout New Vegas. I wanted to like Fallout 4, I tried several times but I couldn’t maintain interest. I have no interest in Fallout 76 and I think I’m just losing interest in the franchise overall.

megamerican

Shit this one is a hard pass from me. Not even a little tempted. Honestly, not even that interested in a proper Fallout from Bethesda at this point given the trajectory from Fallout 4.

I kept an open mind but nope, I will definitely be skipping Fallout 76.

It's obvious Bethesda just wanted to make a quick buck.

Fuck 'em for giving us this garbage and not a proper follow up to New Vegas.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
When IGN of all outlets gives you a 5/10, you know you've fucked up.

Arun1910

Nope, and I loved past Fallout games. That said I felt stale on Fallout 4 even though I completed it. Fallout 76 just seems bad in every way possible.

When IGN of all outlets gives you a 5/10, you know you've fucked up.

Damn!
O3FS6he.png

I wasn't planning to, but I think I'll buy it when it's 20 bucks, just to fuck around with friends and make fun of how broken the game is.

Superkewl

Earlier in the thread, I said I would not buy this game, but last Saturday I was bored and just bought it.

Luckily for me, I have only had 1 crash in like 40hrs playing so far. I recognize and acknowledge most the of the gripes people have with this game and cannot in good conscience recommend this game to others, but I cannot stop playing this game. It focuses on the aspects that I have always enjoyed from the from the previous 3d fallout games, exploration and crafting.

Last edited:

JimmyJones

Banned
I loved Fallout 3, I really loved Fallout New Vegas. I wanted to like Fallout 4, I tried several times but I couldn’t maintain interest. I have no interest in Fallout 76 and I think I’m just losing interest in the franchise overall.

These are my exact feelings. There was something off about Fallout 4. It somehow seemed jankier than the previous games (which I still enjoyed).

Grinchy

Banned
I played a ton of Fallout 4 (the Survival mode made it so much more fun and intense) but I think it's clear why people liked it less. It's just yet another one of the same games with the same bugs and problems.

It has problems of its own, like horrible dialog choices and absolutely no feeling of having any control over the narrative, but I think it really just comes down to being fed up with the laziness of making the same broken game over and over again with new locales and themes.

I hope that the failure of Fallout 76 completely changes their entire philosophy on game creation. They can't just rest on their broken and janky laurels anymore. Customers expect more modern advancements to be present in their full-priced games now.

JimmyJones

Banned
I hope that the failure of Fallout 76 completely changes their entire philosophy on game creation. They can't just rest on their broken and janky laurels anymore. Customers expect more modern advancements to be present in their full-priced games now.

We can only hope. I can see them doubling down with even more multiplayer shit though.

Yeah, picked up Fallout 76 last night for $40 at Best Buy and it came with the cute little Vault Boy keychain as a doorbuster bonus. Can't wait to get started, sounds like exactly the kind of exploration heavy game I love.

Top Bottom