• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will You Be Buying Google Stadia?

Will you buy Google Stadia?

• Yes, I'm getting the Founder's Edition for $129.

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • I might pick up a cheap game when Stadia Base comes out.

Votes: 56 10.8%
  • No, I'm not interested.

Votes: 439 84.9%

• Total voters

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
With the current lineup, not a chance. If they announce groundbreaking exclusives I want, I'll get those separately.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
iu

Elios83

Absolutely no. I'm just curious to see the quality of their 4k streaming solution at a technical level but as a product I have zero interest with this pricing stucture.

Not after that, there no reason to spend so much only to have to buy my games again. If I'm having to buy my games then I may aswell buy them for the consoles I already have.

dave_d

Damn, my answer isn't available. Pretty much "Maybe after a while if it drops to a very low price and somebody hacks it so I can use it for something else."

DanielsM

Banned
The business model is horrendous, imo.

I don't mind streaming from my own equipment in a pinch but I have no need for this... its more expensive with worse quality.

Reactions: Isa

Petrae

Nope.

My internet connection isn’t that fast, I still have data caps to contend with, and I either already have the games listed or am not interested in the others.

ROMhack

Me? No but I think it's a good option for mom and pops who want to play games but don't want to buy a $300 machine to do so.

I'm absolutely not the target audience.

So who is the target audience that doesn't already have a console? I just don't get this release at all.

Do they think casuals will eat this up?

I will say if Google had opted to give us access to their network here in Portland Metro I might have been interested in the base version but I'm stuck with shitty DSL from Frontier to avoid paying 3 times as much with Comcast due to their caps.

Stuart360

When you take into account the kind of uncapped high speed internet needed for this, combined with the casual masses probably struggling to understand what Stadia even is, that market analyst company that predicted that streaming will only take up about 2% of the industry by 2023, is strating to sound much more believable.

Mihos

Gold Member
Buy It, store it.

Maybe do a hot take review first though.

For context, I also have the Atari VCS preordered on Indigogo.... just to show I will buy almost anything.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

The only time I would ever use any type of streaming service is away from home, but only home actually has the internet capable of running this. Pass for me.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Might give the inevitable trial a go just to try it out. Will not subscribe.

scalman

i just cant imagine any gamer , that would say :
Ok i love games and i play them a lot , and now i need Stadia ...
because i dont see reasons . maybe someone know reasons , like any reason ?
if you like games you allready playing them on some platform. means you can do streaming there as well if you need.

Lol nope. Already have a PS4 and Xbone. Seems redundant and for people who don't really like video games. Most of these games exist on either console and wouldn't be reliant on a stable connection to play.

spawn

My internet is good enough to run it, but no. It's a pass for me. Now unless they have some good exclusives and the input lag doesn't seem to be an issue then maybe

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bet the free version of Stadia will come with ads in order to make money and force gamers to subscribe.
I feel like if you had to watch a 60 second ad to start a play session of Fortnite, it would still be wildly popular with the younger / Youtube crowd.

scalman

and if someone got catched by that 4k number just wait until xbox e3 where it announce that their new console will stream 4k also. no doubts. and later sony too.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Nope

What kills it for me is that they're essentially doing that "We're adding free games!" thing long after they're worth it, like all the other services out there right now

There's not really a point for me to grab this because it's not going to get console exclusives, and if I can just get the games and stream it myself without paying another provider thaaann....why not do that??

P.S. Anyone looking to stream PC games to other devices, feel free to hit me up

Top Bottom