• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be joining PC gaming?

Will PC gaming take over next generation now that Sony might release some games there?

• 1. I'm getting a PS5?

Votes: 87 48.6%
  • 2. I'm getting a Series X

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • 3. I will get a PC

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Now that we have a likely situation of Sony releasing some of their marquee titles on PC, will you give PC a shot and wait to see if ports come?

Or will you stick to the PS5 or Series X?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Already play on everything. If they port them to PC after a year or more, no, I'm not gonna wait, I'll play on PS5 so that I can actually talk about the game while it's relevant.

If they're on PS5 and PC on day one? And PC has an unlocked framerate? Sure, PC.

Bryank75

Banned
Despite my disappointment with news of late, I'll probably get a PS5 still....
I will however get a new Rig a year or so after, so I can get the benefit of tech that comes later than PS5 launch.
I love strategy games and it would be no harm to have access to Xbox games to try out anything I might have a passing interest in.

TheContact

60% of my gaming is done on PC. 30% is done on vita. 10% is done on the switch. 0% is done on any other console, except when i occasionally start up my dreamcast for some nostalgia games

Last edited:

Fbh

Can't say for sure until Sony actually shows the PS5 and we get info on specs, price, games, etc.

But with the recent Horizon news PC is looking more likely than ever...... IF I can afford it by next year.
Even just having a laptop with a crappy 1050ti has given me a taste of PC gaming and it's hard to go back. More customization options, mods, MUCH cheaper games (thanks regional pricing!), free multiplayer, emulators, decades worth of games. Not to mention that this was the gen when most Japanese devs finally embraced PC too, which was one of the big reasons I always preferred consoles

Sony exclusives are the one thing that still has me interested in Ps5 but if they'll start coming to PC, even if it's several years later, I don't mind waiting.

Hobbygaming

Already play on everything. If they port them to PC after a year or more, no, I'm not gonna wait, I'll play on PS5 so that I can actually talk about the game while it's relevant.

If they're on PS5 and PC on day one? And PC has an unlocked framerate? Sure, PC.
This is the determining factor for me as well. I won't fully commit to PC yet but if PS5 games go there day one it would be the best option

Hobbygaming

Lol console flaming season in full swing
Last week it's Xbox Sex has no gaemz
This week All Sony games are coming to PC

Jolly good times.
I much prefer console gaming over PC (I don't own a PC) but PC is becoming more attractive

I doubt if I'd switch though as I love gaming on consoles

Bkdk

Consoles will be going towards budget PC route. Of course I’ll be building a new PC first with probably 3080ti as graphics card.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Despite my disappointment with news of late, I'll probably get a PS5 still....
I will however get a new Rig a year or so after, so I can get the benefit of tech that comes later than PS5 launch.
I love strategy games and it would be no harm to have access to Xbox games to try out anything I might have a passing interest in.
giphy.gif

TacosNSalsa

Even before this hoopla about PS exclusives coming to PC I wasn't sure if I'd buy a console next gen . I got my PS4 solely for Bloodborne (VERY VERY worth it) . I ended up buying a lot of games for it but that was the main reason . If they can pull that again and have a game I feel like I must play day one then yes I will buy it.

Raven117

Gold Member
I mean, the whole notion of playstion exclusives coming to Pc years after their original release is not a big deal. In the end I like sitting on my couch playing consoles. That said, some games are just better on pc.

I'm not buying a PS5, especially if there's even the slightest chance a possible From Software exclusive might get a PC release. I bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne and Persona 5, and while I don't exactly regret it, I definitely won't be doing that again.

ZoneToo

Neo Member
I have a PC, PS4 Pro, X1X and a Switch but i'm thinking about getting a better PC (maybe a smaller one around the size of a console) and having that be the main gaming platform in my living room.... I have no idea about small factor gaming PCs and if i could even get a top notch powerhouse one but i have a lot of months to research this

Stuart360

I wouldnt go PC gaming if you're a big console gamer who loves consoles, because once you go PC, its hard to go back. The freedom of choice in everything you can do with PC gaming is just almost liberating compared to consoles.

M0G

Gonna have to buy a PS5 too. Because whatever happens I'm not waiting for a PC release, only to wait another year for the EGS Exclusivity debuff to wear off.

Last edited:

Mato

I am already here baby. Pretty much the only game that I really want to play that is a console exclusive is BOTW2 so I guess I'll have to get a Switch eventually. The next Metroid is also something I'm eager to see more of.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Well jeez this breakdown looks pretty accurate, probably a large percentage of fools and fakers that will cop out on getting a PC.

rpymdcu.png

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Kind of? As I trim my physical collection and tidy up my consoles this generation, I will transition into MiSTer / Pi4 / whatever boards running emulation software and play some of my favs on that kind of hardware. So if I get a PC it won't be a cutting-edge one. The goal would be to play old stuff plus some low-demand RPGs like Caves of Qud or Jupiter Hell, assuming these games do not come to consoles (they probably won't).

I'm not sold on the PS5 yet but compatibility with PS1 - PS3 (plus the confirmed PS4 playback) would fit nicely with my objectives stated above and would be a huge value add.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i have a PC and will still keep playing games on it but i'm not going to be spending as much on it anymore. £750 for a gpu? £480 for a CPU? £300 for RAM? £380 for an SSD? £390 for a motherboard? ...shits expensive yo.

i'm just gonna get a next gen console/new TV this year and that'll be me sorted for the next 6-7 years.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Not really, amount of free games on PC is too overwhelming to me, that's why, more than 10 years ago, switched to consoles...
*cough*

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
The only reason to own a PlayStation was due to exclusives. With them coming to PC it serves no purpose now and Xbox has always had the better UI and controller so it makes next gen a lot easier of a decision for me.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The only reason to own a PlayStation was due to exclusives. With them coming to PC it serves no purpose now and Xbox has always had the better UI and controller so it makes next gen a lot easier of a decision for me.
let me know when we can play TLOU, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Persona, etc on PC and no PS Now doesn't count.

Top Bottom