• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be joining PC gaming?

Will PC gaming take over next generation now that Sony might release some games there?

• 1. I'm getting a PS5?

Votes: 87 48.6%
  • 2. I'm getting a Series X

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • 3. I will get a PC

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
I own a more then capable gaming pc + Xbox one X, PS4 Pro and a switch. I dont even use my pc to play games anymore i just work on it, maybe a round of civ once in a while. Neither my ps4 i just turn it on to shoot the shit with friends in groups once a month. And neither my switch, only reason i bought is what that bayo 3 was announced. Thats just a a paperweight, only good game on it is tetris 99,

As a sony fan that loved the PS3 and Vita era i dont really care anymore about sony exclusives on pc (or on console for that matter) Only sony first party studio games i played this gen was Gravity Rush 2, Death Stranding, and Driveclub. Where the fuck is games like Folklore, Resistance, Tokyo Jungle, Motostorm, Puppeteer, something unique.

Same applies for xbox, only use it for the kodi app and 3rd party titles.

rant over, ill probably end up buying xbox series x and ps5.

Last edited:

redfirm

Banned
Never will I join PC gaming. The base is stupid and the games are trash. Super expensive waste of money.

bB1KJQ3.jpg

Reon

I can't fathom gaming on consoles in 2020 when PC gaming has proven itself so much more superior in just about every aspect.

No. I spent all day in front of a computer & hunched up at a desk from work so I rather chill on a couch and play games. Sure, can do that with a PC but then it feels like I am not escaping from work. So console for me. Planning to get the series X.

ElDiablo90x

Neo Member
I've been planning to do so for while actually, but I want to know the hardware specs for the PS5/XSX in detail before I start buying. Planning on a RYZEN 9 3900X / RTX 2070 SUPER (might be overkill but should be enough to keep me gaming on 1080p for a while!).

I'll be looking at how Zen 3, RDNA2, and Ampere turn out later this year and then, decide my new build. Since I'm a slow-ass and rarely buy games at launch (the only I've done it this generation is for Persona 5), waiting a few years for Playstation 1st party PC ports is not a big deal for me.

Last edited:
And use Windows for gaming? Ew, gross
There's a free version of Windows that you can install. The downside is that you can't change the desktop background.

Linux would be the OS alternative and while Linux gaming has made significant strides ever since Steam Play Proton, there are still a bunch of kinks to sort out. However, if more and more games utilize Vulkan, a lot of the work would be alleviated.

Paltheos

Already own a PC, recently upgraded graphics card to a 1080 so I'm set for a while.

No interest in new consoles until I know what's coming. I own a PS4 and Switch and are plenty occupied with those now.

Paltheos

Also, lol at this topic. Diametrically opposed views on PC gaming. 'PC is the best' 'PC sucks balls'.

I'd like to explicitly add- Some elements of PC gaming suck, like getting a damn controller to work like you want it to, but the added convenience of doing all my shit on one device, gaming and web browsing and any other computer-related stuff (obv.), is too good. I have a setup for my PS4, on my PC's second monitor, actually, and it's pretty neat but not quite as convenient as my PC where I have total control.

I can see why people like the convenience of console. Def a person to person thing.

longdi

Banned
Already on pc master race. Not rich enough to own a modded sports car, so my zing'upd PC will do :messenger_sun:

Besides pc games are much cheaper and double up as a utility of everything digital i do

Thanks Sony for going third party, i can wait 6-9 months to play your games on PC

Last edited:

MacReady13

I'm definitely getting the PS5. Sticking with my Switch. Upgrading my PC once the 3000 series Nvidia cards arrive and more than likely I'll be getting the Series X, assuming Microsoft don't go all out with this streaming bullshit trying to take over what that Google shit is doing.

Aidah

I'll upgrade my PC later this year, when the new cards come out. PS5 is a maybe, only if there's something worth getting it for. Series X is a never, it would be redundant. Switch Pro, day 1 if it's a significant upgrade.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Already play on everything. If they port them to PC after a year or more, no, I'm not gonna wait, I'll play on PS5 so that I can actually talk about the game while it's relevant.

If they're on PS5 and PC on day one? And PC has an unlocked framerate? Sure, PC.

Isn't a good game forever relevant though?

MiguelItUp

I have had a PC for eons, so will proudly be on that PC.

That being said, I'll definitely be picking up one of the consoles. Won't know about which one until we get a lot more details and things pan out better. I wish I could just say it would be a hard one or the other, but I really don't know. Especially since my preferences went from PS2 -> Xbox 360 -> PS4. It's anybody's game! :eek:

There's a free version of Windows that you can install. The downside is that you can't change the desktop background.

Linux would be the OS alternative and while Linux gaming has made significant strides ever since Steam Play Proton, there are still a bunch of kinks to sort out. However, if more and more games utilize Vulkan, a lot of the work would be alleviated.
Oh I've got Windows on my PC. I just think it's really gross and unappealing in every way for gaming. Don't even get me started about Linux.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Will get a ps5, i have a good enough pc, but i prefer to get my games in physical form so i've just been getting them for my switch/ps4.
Same. I'm a physical gamer for life lol the day I can't collect and own my games is the day I quit buying new games 👍

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I've done the PC gaming thing a couple times. It's just not worth the hassle imo. Too many things can go wrong.

magnumpy

I have a PC and a PS4. the thing is my PC hardware blows away my PS4, it's no contest really. but based on rumors and speculation (and my guess really) PS5 should blow away my PC, so I'm guessing much of my gaming time will be devoted to PS5. at least that's how its looking, I'm open to anything though (y)

Top Bottom