• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be joining PC gaming?

Will PC gaming take over next generation now that Sony might release some games there?

• 1. I'm getting a PS5?

Votes: 87 48.6%
  • 2. I'm getting a Series X

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • 3. I will get a PC

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
SONY fans should be outraged, exclusives going on PC is a problem for PS5 fans.
I think there will be a wait of a year or a few years before PS5 titles start showing up on PC if they do, but even if that's not the case, console gamers will console game :)

Edit: There will be some new PC gamers if it happens though

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Will be sticking with PC throughout next gen. Definitely not getting another Xbox, and the PS5 is now a doubt for me dependant on what their PC strategy is going forwards. Nintendo isn't part of the equation for me, simply not interested in their titles (and if I were then emulation is a thing).

The ideal scenario would be one where I can get all the games I want on the PC.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

I've done the PC gaming thing a couple times. It's just not worth the hassle imo. Too many things can go wrong.
Hassle?
Whats the hassle, you open Steam or whatever service press play and away you go.
Unless you have a shitty PC it’s pretty seamless , often a a better resolution and higher frame rate.

Last edited:

cm osi

i'll switch to play all the multiplatform games on pc i guess. not because performance or graphics, just in case i need to restore some removed or altered content.
also sony really went into the big aaa western exclusive that i don't play so i guess i won't lose much

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’ve had a gaming PC since my dad wrote out DOS commands for me to run games on our 386. I’ll most likely skip Series X since gamepass is a thing and wait to see what kind of value the PS5 has for me. BC back to PS1 would be a huge start....and I’d like a 4K device that’s not my PC hooked up to my future TV probably

Reactions: GHG

magnumpy

Hassle?
Whats the hassle, you open Steam or whatever service press play and away you go.
Unless you have a shitty PC it’s pretty seamless , often a a better resolution and higher frame rate.

everyone has their limits. for some people just playing a console is too technical and confusing, they would rather just watch youtube videos of people playing and are satisfied with that. for some people eating is too complicated and confusing so they are fed through tubes. you just do the best you can

Orta

Banned
Am a PC gamer but if Sony do start dropping their first party output on PC, even if it takes up to a whole generation to arrive there's absolutely zero point in me buying their consoles anymore. As is the case with Xbox, why on earth would a PC owner want one.

But if I wasn't a PC gamer and the above was 100% going to happen, yep, I'd certainly buy myself a big beige box of tricks.

Last edited:

Entroyp

I will get a new PC this year. I haven’t owned one since 2004, and I feel the time is right to come back.

Although, I’m also buying a PS5 and whatever the new Switch turns out to be.

Xbox is not needed.

lachesis

I play games on PC - but I always consider my console(s) as my main gaming platform - pc is my secondary go-to.
I use my pc as some bargain bin hunting use from Steam store. Have way too many games, but I never really end up playing most of them.

Only PC games (recently) that I've invest myself playing thru were Trails in the Sky FC and SC - before it was Tomb Raider reboots and Batman Arkham series... and I got like 100 games in steam library - but never really ended up even download.

In the mean time - on console side - I beat pretty much all the games that I buy these days - which means, much more selective about what to buy, and enjoy more throughly. Don't know why.

My pc is getting old so needs upgraded for real modern games - running 3930k at 4.2ghz oc'ed like past 6-7 years, with slight upgrade on GPU from 660ti to 970 a few years back. Am thinking about upgrading it - but to be honest, it does whatever I job I need to do at home just fine - so I may end up getting PS5 and Series X, as well as Switch first before I plunge into upgrading my rig..

Mikey Jr.

No, I'm sticking with console.

I have a decent pc. A ryzen and a rx 580.

I downloaded jedi fallen order and the thing fucking STUTTERS. Just a constant stuttering. I spent half an hour tweaking the settings which I despise doing. And nothing.

-I hate messing with settings. I hate when some game runs like ass and I have to troubleshoot.

-I like knowing that an MP game will have a thriving community where on PC, there seems to be the risk of the game dying.

-I like Japanese games like Trails of Cold steel and Yakuza and ff7 remake, kingdom hearts, etc. I like to play those. These take a while to come to PC if at all.

-My friends, games, trophies, saves are all on Playstation.

-I like gaming on my big tv downstairs. My pc with its 23 inch monitor is upstairs. I'm not moving anything around.

-Simplicity. Boot on console, press x, playing the game. Dont have to worry about which storefront to open. Does the game have controller support? Do the buttons have dualshock buttons? If not, can I change them? (usually not)

-Easy trade in. I can trade my pro in and probably buy a PS5 for 50% off.

-I like that everyone uses a controller in mp. Feels fair. Then you have some guy running at 240 fps, 21:9 monitor, expensive mouse and keyboard with some macros on PC, and I just dont want to deal with that honestly.

You wanted my honest opinion, there you go OP. No shade thrown on pc gaming or whatever. I say everyone plays how they want to play.

molly14

let me know when we can play TLOU, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Persona, etc on PC and no PS Now doesn't count.
The only reason to own a PlayStation was due to exclusives. With them coming to PC it serves no purpose now and Xbox has always had the better UI and controller so it makes next gen a lot easier of a decision for me.

So can you list all the PlayStation exclusives coming to pc please.

Oh yes HZD that is ONE GAME😂

When are the all the others coming out which you seem so confident is happening.

Gt sport? Uncharted?
GOW
Spiderman

Think they are coming out anytime soon? @😂

TLZ

Banned
Hell to the muthaphukkin no.

Consoles for life!

giphy.gif

VFXVeteran

Banned
So can you list all the PlayStation exclusives coming to pc please.

Oh yes HZD that is ONE GAME😂

When are the all the others coming out which you seem so confident is happening.

Gt sport? Uncharted?
GOW
Spiderman

Think they are coming out anytime soon? @😂

Why not ask me?

You'll be surprised I'm sure. Probably this year and if not, definitely early next year is my guess.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I've always gamed on PC.

Also on Xbox, PS, and Nintendo. Will I always continue to do so? Maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:

molly14

Why not ask me?

You'll be surprised I'm sure. Probably this year and if not, definitely early next year is my guess.
All of those games I listed will be out on PC by early next year?

Impressive if true, but how much better will they be on PC, when we STILL don't know the ps5 specs, and what improvements will ps4 games have when they run on ps5 will they implement a boost mode etc

Hobbygaming

Why not ask me?

Interesting. Mostly day one on PC or day 186 - day 730? 😂 either way I'm not ready to join PC just yet lol

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nah PC is just for shitposting and I'm still not sold on "next" gen machines honestly. Option 4, what is the rush?

SONY fans should be outraged, exclusives going on PC is a problem for PS5 fans.

Seriously, why? It's not like Sony is going to stop releasing games for their consoles. You get to play on your PS5, while others play on PC. How and why is this a problem? I honestly want to understand what some of you are thinking, as I just don't get it.

I've always also had a gaming PC. I was already thinking I may pass on this coming gen of consoles (X1 Series X and PS5). Right now I have a PS4, X1X, and 2 PCs that have RTX 2080s in them. If both MS and Sony bring all their games to PC, I will likely only play on PC, and MS and Sony still get their money from me buying their games.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
All of those games I listed will be out on PC by early next year?

Impressive if true, but how much better will they be on PC, when we STILL don't know the ps5 specs, and what improvements will ps4 games have when they run on ps5 will they implement a boost mode etc

You can be confident that the ports will use the highest assets that they originally had for the game plus a lot more bandwidth consuming features. The PS5, while going to be a much bigger leap in power over PS4/PRO, is still going to be a PC with a 1080/1080Ti power at the end of the day. High-end PCs may run these ports with possible ray-tracing features and/or 60FPS which won't be possible on a next-gen console @ true 4k res. We'll see..

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i have had a PC and been PC gaming since the 80s.

ironically i bought a PS4 Pro last year for $250.

tbh i rather play on the PS4, dealing with controller issues and games just straight up breaking on Steam was not fun. console gaming will always have something to offer. it has a lot of QOL things, ease of use, better UI, and timed exclusives, which will make this a good purchase for me that i'm sure I'll get years and years out of. right now i am playing 4 AAA games and none of them are announced as coming to PC yet.

they are bringing over some games but i think people are freaking out a bit, they aren't bringing over everything. and if they are, they are bringing it over years later, which still means the only place to place for a lot of them (ie Bloodborne) is going to be consoles.

Last edited:

jadefire66

I'm a PC gamer and probably won't buy a next gen console because the PS4 has been a HUGE disappointment for me. I bought it for the exclusives and I didn't like any of them, apart from Bloodborne, which I played 4 times. The highly rated 9/10 games felt like 6-7 to me.

Last edited:

Rickenbacker

Neo Member
I made the switch to PC this year. Fuck getting new features only each 5-6 years, I want to use them as they get released.
I'm absolutely satisfied with my recent purshase after the "exclusive" games for both PS and XBOX coming to PC aswell.

mr.dilya

Banned
I'm kinda of over console gaming. I just got a decent PC and I'm enjoying it more. I find PC gaming more immersive for some reason. Plus I don't have to pay to play online.

I'll probably get a PS5 if I feel it's worth it down the road, but no way am I getting it at launch.

Hobbygaming

I'm a PC gamer and probably won't buy a next gen console because the PS4 has been a HUGE disappointment for me. I bought it for the exclusives and I didn't like any of them, apart from Bloodborne, which I played 4 times. The highly rated 9/10 games felt like 6-7 to me.
This gen was my return to PlayStation after originally only having a Xbox One at the start. A few games ended up making my favorite games of all time list

Uncharted 4
TLOU R (never played it on the PS3)
Spider-man
The Order 1886
Death Stranding
Days Gone

I'm expecting TLOU Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Lost Soul Aside, Babylon's Fall and Granblue Fantasy Relink to also make my list from what I've seen so far

njean777

I have all 4 and next gen I will only be going Xbox and Nintendo. I will obviously have my PC still, but I only use it for exclusives and after building it, there really are not enough to justify a whole PC build (for me). It should last me a good 6 more years (maybe more) and after that unless gaming goes exclusive to PC, I won't be building another. I use it for a lot of other things but that is really the only reason it stays around and I haven't sold it off.

Last edited:
Funny how in another thread people were saying they would pay any price for the PS5 (upwards of $1,000) but then in this thread say PC gaming is too expensive ($800 to $1000).

Really, it's perfectly fine if you prefer to continue playing games on PlayStation. I've been using Steam to play PC games for the last 8 years. But I feel sorry for anyone who quickly dismisses the idea of playing games on PC because they assume it'll be too much of a hassle.

God forbid you actually learn how to navigate Windows, edit a file using text editor (copy and paste) and click save. Or drop the correct file in your game folder. It wouldn't take more than a couple minutes to do. And yet people are okay waiting longer to download patches day one or every couple weeks on their PS4. Come on now.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Hobbygaming

And why would that make anyone stop having consoles and go to PC?
It wouldn't but there's someone here that is saying it'll only be 6 months to 1 year. That still wouldn't get me to switch to PC but maybe there's some that are cool with making the jump now

Bankai

No I won't. Too much time is spend on tweaking, too little on actually gaming. I was always searching for optimal settings, GFX tweaks, fiddling with FPS limiters (RIvatuner), external software, mods, OC-ind my GPU, CPU and RAM.... therefor never really got into the games themselves.

Then I knew: I'm too finicky to be a full-on PC gamer :goog_confounded:

Top Bottom