• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy CDPR's next few games on Playstation, and if no, should they skip the Playstation platform for their next few games?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am wondering if the Playstation audience has been soured by CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 to the point that they will be skipping their future games (and for multiplatform players, skipping the PS version and buy on PC/XBox instead), what's with the game getting pulled and all.

If the Playstation audience ends up boycotting their future games, this will essentially means they will suffer losses on the PS platform. If that's the case, it might do them better if they just skip the PS platform entirely, which might mean smaller scoped games in the future, but more focus on the remaining platforms. This allows them to find their footing and let time heal the wound before they attempt to release game onto Playstation again many years later.

Imagine CDPR announcing The Witcher 4 for only XBox/PC, will Playstation audience be angry about it, or will they not bat and eyelid and goes 'well cyberpunk 2077 sucks, so no loss that their next game isn't coming to Playstation since it probably end up sucking too'.

pratyush

Why not if it plays well? Cyberpunk doesn't play well on either console. So it's not only PlayStation problem.

Will wait for next gen patch. If CDPR do what they did right now by providing extra features on XSX then maybe they will lose PlayStation gamers. But as of right now, both Xbox and PlayStation crowd is angry

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
tenor.gif

Daddy chill.

njean777

Eh, I always give people the benefit of the doubt, so I will be cautious but won't dismiss them completely. If they screw up the next game or are sleazy then I will probably skip. As long as they fix Cyberpunk also.

I have a ps5 and haven't had many problems with Cyberpunk but I don't dismiss the many who have with the base consoles of Ps4/XB1. They shouldn't have put it out and delayed the console versions in the end, but of course I wasn't in the room were this was decided. It is complicated. It really is a shit show.

Last edited:

bxrz

CCProjekt Red can go to hell for all I care.

What they did to millions of PlayStation customers is abysmal and criminal.

Microsoft needs to do the same for their customers or else they will look greedy and pathetic.
Microsoft doesn't need to do anything because they actually have a good refund process, unlike Sony

only on playstation? the game is not running great on xbox one and pc too so...

Its actually runs good on PC and XSX

Last edited:
I'm not hyped for whatever their next game is. But if they release good games that play well, I will buy them if I like them. They certainly lost some good will though.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

I'll just play it once it's updated.....

The only real bummer part of this is that The Witcher 3 PS5 patch will be delayed...... I've been lookinh forward to finally busting through the game with it all updated...

Woggleman

Hopefully they learn a lesson from this and do better in the future. I will wait a few weeks to see if the game actually works next time.

harmny

Banned
cdpr will be canceled long before their next game. poland is not welcome in the world anymore. the lgbtq fascist will destroy the company. before cyberpunk they had the gamers to defend them. now they are getting nuked from everywhere. that company is done. sell your stock. their next game is at least 5 years away maybe more if you take into account cyberpunk MP provided they don't shelve that.. in 2025 the world will be different. you won't be able to say any word on twitch unless approved by the san fransico council.

Last edited:
Why do people make these overly dramatic threads on forums? This game is a mess, CDPR needs to fix this game before it can be sold on PSN, it never should have been released in the condition that it is in. Hopefully this is a learning experience for CDPR and they'll be more honest with their customers in the future and not release games that clearly aren't even close to ready.

Matsuchezz

I was expecting killer software from them but CDPR is not part of the awesome teams just yet, i do not like buggy games, I waited for Days Gone when they released it due to it was buggy, they patched it and when I bought it still had bugs but it did not crash on me a single time and hte bugs were not holding me back to finish the game, I will probably buy CDPR's next game if it is something i want to play, but i wont pre order digitally. Their rep is damaged for years to come.

Hugare

They wont be able to pull out again the "we wont show console footage until release date" move

So you wait to see some footage, or even better, wait for opinions/ reviews before buying the damn thing.

Like it should with pretty much any other game

harmny

Banned
They wont be able to pull out again the "we wont show console footage until release date" move

So you wait to see some footage, or even better, wait for opinions/ reviews before buying the damn thing.

Like it should with pretty much any other game

nobody shows console footage. ac valhalla didn't show base last gen console footage before release. the problem is when the game is broken.

Hugare

nobody shows console footage. ac valhalla didn't show base last gen console footage before release. the problem is when the game is broken.
But it was at least reviewed on consoles, right?

So the customers could see for themselves before putting the game on their consoles on launch day

Last edited:
Microsoft doesn't need to do anything because they actually have a good refund process, unlike Sony

Its actually runs good on PC and XSX
Oh yea? Should we just ignore the people who have posted about not getting a refund from MS as well or nah?

Runs good on my PS5, shit tons of comparisons say so... The issue is with PS4/One consoles. Granted, Sony's take on refunds is not the greatest and not by a long shot but when a company puts it's foot down and does something like this it still, some how to some, turns into fanboy war bullet point. Relax, it ain't always about the wars.

EDIT: No, this is not a straight out defense of Playstation. Lets not kid ourselves... Sony is mad about the customer experience, mad about the money that's getting taken back and the fact that someone this game was given the QA pass. Which BTW has been said to happen in the past for big games and companies the platforms trust. I love the straight out defense of a mega corporation LOL so delusional

OT: Yes, I will buy their next game. I bought CyberPunk, I won't be asking for a refund. I have faith that they will fix it and I am waiting on the next gen version. BTW this is after I purchased Witcher 3 and not liking it.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The only game I want from CDPR is a Witcher game. I had a huge New Vegas vibe with Cyberpunk. I’m not enjoying it. I honestly knew this back with Witcher 1 and 2. The company is best suited for PC. I had a better time with Ghost of Tsushima.

They had their rockstar status with The Witcher and now I’d rather just use their GOG service and wait for another Witcher game.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
CDPR is never pulling this shit again. They're not EA, they put out one game every few years, they can't afford to fuck up like this.

But I'm going PC all the same. I did get Witcher 3 on PS4 because I was broke and my PC was old and my girlfriend got me a PS4 for my birthday, but that version was never as good as the PC one, so when it came time to play the expansions I switched over.

Top Bottom