• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you still be on GAF when you're old?

Gaffer 4 lyfe?

• Total voters

Kev Kev

I was wondering the other day if we’re all still going to be on here 30 years from now as old farts, shaking our fists at the SJWs and making dick jokes at every opportunity, talking about the old days, and telling young gaffers about the times of the great temper tantrum of 2017

will you keep posting on GAF forever? Do you think you’ll eventually cycle out of this and just stop using it, perhaps bc you are just too busy?

We have a really awesome little online community here (and growing so much everyday!) and I love the idea that many of us will still be posting here late into life and even into retirement. 20, 30 or even 40 years from now perhaps. But I also have to laugh at myself a bit bc it seems naive of me to think that many, or any, of us will still be here. I like to think we will, and my vote is for yes I will still be here, but I know for a lot of people this is something they will eventually forget about.

Who the fuck know what’s going to happen between now and then, but assuming GAF is still around, you plan on posting here forever or do you foresee yourself stopping using it at some point?

DESTROYA

bWhGbsX.gif

Joe T.

Til death do us part, hopefully.

I've been visiting GA, GAF and NeoGAF since '96, that 30 year mark isn't all that far off for those of us that have been around since the start. #vidgames on IRC was like the forum equivalent back in the early days, E3 hype and all.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I started lurking when I was a teenager. Now I am 30+. I definitely see myself being here until I die as long as the moderation continues being impartial and open minded.

Last edited:

Setzer

Til death do us part, hopefully.

I've been visiting GA, GAF and NeoGAF since '96, that 30 year mark isn't all that far off for those of us that have been around since the start. #vidgames on IRC was like the forum equivalent back in the early days, E3 hype and all.
This was around the time I started visiting GAF as well. So many great communities back in the mid to late 90's that are no longer around anymore but it's good to see GAF still going strong.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Oh hell no. Gary Whitta already played that hand. Started here and then when he got famous he left. Of course us giving him shit for After Earth didn't help.

If I get famous... I'm wearing a gaf shirt on the red carpet and a talk show.

He also deleted all of his “Fuck George Lucas” posts when Lucasfilm hired him.

Top Bottom