• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Win a chance to try the Nintendo Switch in London

Yesterday we had a thread about select My Nintendo users in New York getting random invites to try out the Switch, today it looks like anyone in the UK with a registered Nintendo account should have received a Newsletter enabling them to join a raffle where 500 winners will get a chance to attend the Nintendo Switch Event in January.

GIAXfwz.png

anigif_enhanced-23356-1456077521-2.gif

Edit: There's also a Facebook competition going on
MDCZQJQ.png

I have the email, but there's no button to click on.

The button is just part of that static image and isn't hyperlinked. :/

I had that issue too, I opened it in my browser and it seemed to work after clicking everywhere around the "enter here" button aha, keep clicking!

Open the email on a pc browser, the button doesnt seem to work on phones for some reason, i probably shouldn't have told you that though need less people to enter to improve my chances of winning

iFirez

500 people in 2 days. They must have a shit ton of these units made already to give people a good session length.

500 people in 2 days. They must have a shit ton of these units made already to give people a good session length.

Unless I'm mistaken I believe this event is the same one that the Press will be attending. They usually have multiple sessions throughout the day.

I didn't get invited to the press event but I'm waiting to see if they have any left over invites later this week. This competiton is my back up option!

Unless I'm mistaken I believe this event is the same one that the Press will be attending. They usually have multiple sessions throughout the day.

I didn't get invited to the press event but I'm waiting to see if they have any left over invites later this week. This competiton is my back up option!

There's a morning and an afternoon session each day

Alpha_eX

Its personalised, you click it and it says "thanks for registering"

Ah, well in that case, good luck to those that entered. If it's only going out to a select pool of people, they all have great odds.

Looking forward to impressions, you lucky people!

L~A

Just realised there's probably going to be invites for my country, but since I live nowhere near where there would hold the event, it doesn't matter if I receive an invite or not :')

I'm from the UK and have a My Nintendo account, but I haven't received any email yet.

Are you registered to the newsletter? I'm pretty sure everyone should receive this, I got it across on two of my emails that I have registered for the Nintendo UK store (only entered on one out of fear of being disqualified)

Santiako

Got the email. Even though I live 3.5ish hours from London, I'll totally hop on a train south to go to this if I get the invite :)

Cepheus

Are you registered to the newsletter? I'm pretty sure everyone should receive this, I got it across on two of my emails that I have registered for the Nintendo UK store (only entered on one out of fear of being disqualified)

It looks like I wasn't, but I just changed it so that I am now. Do you think it's too late to get the email now?

It looks like I wasn't, but I just changed it so that I am now. Do you think it's too late to get the email now?

I'm not sure :/ Even if it is too late check the Nintendo Switch Facebook page, they have a different competition going on but with fewer selected winners.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There's a morning and an afternoon session each day

So, I suppose it's more like 125 units per session, slightly more including people from the Facebook competition as well. Still sounds like a decent amount of units.

disco

For iPhone users: open email in browser, then tilt to landscape mode and it should work on your first try - it did for me!

I remember for Wii it was a few random people all of whom seemed to have registered a Nintendo VIP 24:7 account on May 3rd 2002 (i.e. when the Gamecube and the service that became Club Nintendo here in Europe opened). For 3DS it seemed to be select Club Nintendo members.

In any case I hope they skip the awkward parts. I didn't really benefit from watching some live actors do a street fighter fight or watching a pre-recorded video of Johnathon Ross talking about how he likes PES and Shaun the Sheep.

They might do closer to launch, I went to a 3DS trial station a month or so before it hit retail.
Switch is supposed to be coming out in March :p

But I'm sure there will be store demo units etc.

kiri

Posted to Facebook - now to keep my fingers crossed!

Huh, I didn't get the email despite Promotional Emails being set to 'Receive' :/

ineji

Neo Member
are you supposed to enter your details somewhere or is the link unique?

i clicked the link and it just says something like "thanks for entering"

Jofamo

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard anything back regarding this competition yet?

We're just over 2 weeks away from the proposed date, so I hope they don't leave it till the very last minute to let the winners know.

kiri

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard anything back regarding this competition yet?

We're just over 2 weeks away from the proposed date, so I hope they don't leave it till the very last minute to let the winners know.

I was wondering this yesterday and after checking up on the Facebook thread, it seems that they removed/hid a post(s)?

Regardless, I couldn't find any comments about 'omg I won!!1!!' on either FB or GAF so....I wonder whats happening..?

My friend told me on Xmas Eve that he had won 2 tickets for the 14th. He phoned them up (as he has 2 kids) and they gave him another ticket.

JonnyKong

The winners went out a few days before Xmas. I saw a few people write into the Metro website saying they got tickets, and my brother is going with his friend who won a pair.

No luck for me :(

Memory

It's over, winners have been announced.

GAME busted emailed me regarding a chance to win a Switch. I'd enter but you have to d/l their app first.

kiri

Darn, I really wanted to go - was a DS Ambassador before it was released in the UK.

Interesting side-story, at the time, I worked for GAME and used the opening cut-scene from Kingdom Hearts: CoM as a way to show how great the graphics for the DS were - I'm evil, I know.

Jofamo

Thanks for the quick responses. It's good to know they let the winners know in plenty of time. I guess I wasn't one of the lucky ones!

Now to try and talk my press-connected friend into letting me go as his +1 ...

Top Bottom