Wind Waker Christmas greeting

#5
Jive Turkey said:
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL!

But yeah that really makes me want to play Wind Waker too.

Yeah, I thought someone would catch that. I really did love everything about the game minus the 3 spots for the camera and the triforce fetch quest.
 

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
#10
Any time I think if replaying Wind Waker I think of how beautiful and amazing it was on the eyes. Then I think of how amazing the music was upon my ears.

And then I remember that I really didn't like much else. :(

But yeah, both the vids of this guy are impressive.
 
#14
Just play the Wind Waker and stop as soon as you get the Master Sword and face Ganondorf for the first time, reload or download a save that puts you at Ganon's Castle, that right there was the best Zelda game ever.
 
#19
[Nintex] said:
Just play the Wind Waker and stop as soon as you get the Master Sword and face Ganondorf for the first time, reload or download a save that puts you at Ganon's Castle, that right there was the best Zelda game ever.
Not true. The second half is just as immersive as the first one and the Triforce search is not nearly as boring and repetitive as people - most of which who haven't even played the game for years - claim it to be.
 

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
#20
Prime Blue said:
Not true. The second half is just as immersive as the first one and the Triforce search is not nearly as boring and repetitive as people - most of which who haven't even played the game for years - claim it to be.
I agree...I never got the complaints really. My only problem with the Triforce quest is getting the maps decoded. That part was just stupid.
 

sphinx

the piano man
#22
the guy himself looks a bit weird but somehow the whole thing made my eyes moisty.

it's fucking amazing what he did and the Wind waker is one of the most charming games I have played ever.

him recording his voice multiple times with different tones turned out great.

bravo.
 
#23
Prime Blue said:
Not true. The second half is just as immersive as the first one and the Triforce search is not nearly as boring and repetitive as people - most of which who haven't even played the game for years - claim it to be.
It's not the triforce search but the uninspired last two dungeons that ruined the game. One of them with a single texture for all the grey walls, didn't even look finished and aiming the light beams with the mirror shield was clunky at best.
 

sphinx

the piano man
#24
[Nintex] said:
It's not the triforce search but the uninspired last two dungeons that ruined the game. One of them with a single texture for all the grey walls, didn't even look finished and aiming the light beams with the mirror shield was clunky at best.
I don't have many complains about its dungeons but I will agree that windwaker is definitely an "outdoor" Zelda, as much as Twilight princess is an "indoor" zelda"...

different games, different strengths, my most beloved franchise ever.

can't wait for the next one.
 
#27
I love WW's main theme, where are my arranged sountracks of WW, TP and PH nintendo?


I did a 3 heart run on wind waker last week and found it a whole lot more enjoyable since I actually had to be careful around enemies and didn't have to visit every island and go for every chart, in fact, besides the triforce charts I only got a couple more

jett said:
And regarding WW, it only had two problems, althought they were pretty big: shit overworld and few dungeons. :p
all they had to do was add a huge contiment in the middle of that sea or let us explore Hyrule under the sea to find the last 2 dungeons and it would be the best zelda for sure
 
#33
bistromathics said:
God damn sailing in that game was so awesome, and this is why!
Until you would run into an enemy that would take ten hours to beat because aiming sucks and you keep having to get back onto the boat every ten or so seconds
 

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
#39
leroidys said:
The jimmy-eat-world-esque vocal harmonies are really out of place and awful, but otherwise pretty awesome.
What the hell are you talking about? When the nine voice tracks kick in at the end they sound perfect.
 
#41
Jive Turkey said:
What the hell are you talking about? When the nine voice tracks kick in at the end they sound perfect.

No I'm talking about the part where the awful vocal tracks come in and it sounds like I'm at a muse concert.
 
#50
Danthrax said:
Still waiting for you to point out the "awful" part
I guess its my punishment for majoring in music. The drums, guitar and melody are pretty distinctly Renaissance/late medieval rhythms and harmony, so those suspensions (and especially that leap to the 7th) in the vocal part are just like nails on a chalkboard out of place to my ear.