• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update breaks Dual Shock 4 drivers.

drotahorror

Is there still some issue? I'm on the latest W10 update and have been using DS4Windows for a couple weeks and haven't had any issues.

Is the issue with games that offer dinput and the DS4 not working natively?

Is there still some issue? I'm on the latest W10 update and have been using DS4Windows for a couple weeks and haven't had any issues.

Is the issue with games that offer dinput and the DS4 not working natively?

No this thread is old and the problem is fixed for most using the latest versions of DS4Windows, Input Mapper, or now the Steam beta.

So I'm not sure where to post this but am having a bizarre issue and looking for some help.

My DS4s have stopped working with my windows desktop via USB. They still work on my Surface Pro 3 and PS4 but not on my desktop. I've tried 3 DS4s, 2 USB cables, InputMapper, DS4Windows and Steam.

What's weirdest is that it started with one USB port not working about 1-2 months ago. I would switch ports and then it'd work on that port but eventually that would stop working too. Over the course of the last 2 months, I've basically worked through each of my 8 USB ports and now none of them work with my DS4. The DS4 still lights up and Windows makes a sound like a device is connected but it doesn't show up in any of the software.

The USB ports otherwise work with my other accessories including a poor bluetooth receiver. The DS4 works with the BT receiver but gets bad latency so is mostly unusable which puts me in quite the bind.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I just enabled it in Device Manager and it seemed to work. I don't understand why it was being disabled but I can't believe I hadn't checked that yet.

Blugrass

Sorry to bother you guys, but have not been able to use a ps4 controller on my windows 10 computer for about a month now. Which is weird because it was working fine for a year now. As soon as I plug the controller into my pc, it lights up for a split second then never powers on...I even fooled around with the steam beta update but that doesn't recognize the controller. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the latest updates for windows 10. Thanks!

Sorry to bother you guys, but have not been able to use a ps4 controller on my windows 10 computer for about a month now. Which is weird because it was working fine for a year now. As soon as I plug the controller into my pc, it lights up for a split second then never powers on...I even fooled around with the steam beta update but that doesn't recognize the controller. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the latest updates for windows 10. Thanks!

Check your Device Manager. It may have automatically gotten disabled. Should appear as USB Input Device or HID Game Controller, or something like that.

I haven't figured out why my controller regularly gets disabled; still investigating. But re-enabling in Device Manager is wroking for me right now.

drotahorror

Check your Device Manager. It may have automatically gotten disabled. Should appear as USB Input Device or HID Game Controller, or something like that.

I haven't figured out why my controller regularly gets disabled; still investigating. But re-enabling in Device Manager is wroking for me right now.

Thank you. This was starting to irritate me. The only thing I've done recently with DS4windows that was out of normal was clicking "Hide DS4 Controller" so maybe that's why it disables itself sometimes in the device manager?

I'm using DS4Windows and the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Am I mistaken that I have to re-pair my controller evey time I restart my machine if I want to use it via Bluetooth? That seems to be the only solution that works for me.

I also get into this weird situation in Kodi where my Logitech wireless mouse becomes unusable and constantly triggers some weird XBL-like dialog box when the DS4 is connected and I have to restart te entire machine.

Zomba13

So I needed to update to the anniversary update for something (I have been on "defer updates" since it was confirmed it breaks DS4Windows and it's not working any more. I've updated to the latest version and it says it has a fix that works on the anniversary update but it doesn't. I have gotten the controller to connect but it stopped working on a restart and I can't just leave it plugged in and have it always just connect no problems. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, stopping/starting the program but nothing works. Windows just won't recognise the DS4 at all, even outside of DS4Windows.

EDIT: Ok, well after looking up a bit and checking device manager it did pick it up. It wasn't disabled and disable/enable didn't do anything but uninstalling the driver for the controller did prompt DS4Windows to ask for admin permission to do something and then it did work. And it is kind of working on boot again but I have to click the "allow" option every time. Annoying but at least I can still use it.

Li Kao

A little on the necro side but this seems relevant. I recently bought a PS4 Pro and installed DS4windows on my W10 (Anniversary Updated PC) without issue.

Only issue, minor but annoying, the thing does not seem to launch on startup. Yes, I checked the appropriate option.
Any advice ?

saunderez

A little on the necro side but this seems relevant. I recently bought a PS4 Pro and installed DS4windows on my W10 (Anniversary Updated PC) without issue.

Only issue, minor but annoying, the thing does not seem to launch on startup. Yes, I checked the appropriate option.
Any advice ?
You could ditch DS4Windows and just use Steam if you're already using Steam for games. It'll definitely launch on startup.

Lime

Any advice ?

Run it as administrator

You could ditch DS4Windows and just use Steam if you're already using Steam for games. It'll definitely launch on startup.

Ds4windows allows for customization of buttons and touchpad

Run it as administrator

Ds4windows allows for customization of buttons and touchpad

Steam allows this - im currently trying to set up a profile to play Arma 3. So far ive mapped about 20 different buttons.

I find it best to go into big picture mode and then head to your game tab and select the controller options.

saunderez

Steam allows this - im currently trying to set up a profile to play Arma 3. So far ive mapped about 20 different buttons.

I find it best to go into big picture mode and then head to your game tab and select the controller options.
Exactly right. It's far more flexible than DS4Windows too. Especially when you start working with Action Sets and multiple bindings per input. For instance in The Binding of Isaac I have mapped the one thing missing from the controller configuration - R for Restart - to a long press of Back.

Exactly right. It's far more flexible than DS4Windows too. Especially when you start working with Action Sets and multiple bindings per input. For instance in The Binding of Isaac I have mapped the one thing missing from the controller configuration - R for Restart - to a long press of Back.

Yeah it is pretty good. im using it more and more. I play PC on the sofa and like to use a controller for most games just because i find it more comfortable (i do have a wireless mouse and keyboard but prefer the controller). Ive set up profiles for loads of games that traditionally are mouse and keyboard. Works really well. You can even choose what colour you want the light to be!

I used to play Arma 2 using xpadder which i know loads of people would call me crazy for - these games have soooooo many buttons for stuff.

I'm crossposting this here from the Steam thread because I don't know how to solve this.

I need some help. My PS4 controller has been working fine with Steam the past few days, but I can't get it to recognize it today no matter what I do. I've power cycled it, restarted Steam, turned the options on and off, tried in BPM, tried turning it on before and after Steam has started. Nothing works.

Edit: Steam does actually have it listed when it's turned on, and selecting turn off will work. But it doesn't navigate the menus or anything.

This is driving me mad. Nothing has changed. I resynced it with Windows. Steam still shows it, but if you try to change the preferences(color, rumble, etc) it doesn't save anymore. It's there, it's just not fucking usable.

Edit: I think Steam thinks it is a DirectInput device now. The Xbox overlay buttons show up. It is still unusable. I do not have the Xbox or Generic support boxes checked. I have no other controllers hooked up.

I'm crossposting this here from the Steam thread because I don't know how to solve this.

This is driving me mad. Nothing has changed. I resynced it with Windows. Steam still shows it, but if you try to change the preferences(color, rumble, etc) it doesn't save anymore. It's there, it's just not fucking usable.

Edit: I think Steam thinks it is a DirectInput device now. The Xbox overlay buttons show up. It is still unusable. I do not have the Xbox or Generic support boxes checked. I have no other controllers hooked up.

Is it wireless? If so, do you have a PS4 and switch that one controller between that and your PC regularly?

Because that's what happened to me. I need to re-sync my DS4 with the usb cable everytime I want to switch from one to another. It was a huge hassle so I bought another DS4 later. Try connecting your DS4 via usb cable and let it sync.

Is it wireless? If so, do you have a PS4 and switch that one controller between that and your PC regularly?

Because that's what happened to me. I need to re-sync my DS4 with the usb cable everytime I want to switch from one to another. It was a huge hassle so I bought another DS4 later. Try connecting your DS4 via usb cable and let it sync.

This controller has only been used for the PC. I feel like at the moment Windows is hijacking the controller and not allowing it to be interpreted as xinput.

Top Bottom